Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hoping For Typhus

Lord-Voltain

...you really don't know how development studios work, do you?

Things don't happen because one person said so. That's never how it works.

>One important person on the design team has idea or likes idea.

>Tells it to others

>Others agree with idea and add to to do list

>Next on the list: add typhus to game

>Typhus.

>Tells it to others

>Typhus.

OR

>Tells it to others

>Some agree, but not enough people, or simply too difficult a task

>404: Typhus not found

>Tells it to others

>Typhus.

So speculation now means it's official confirmation.

You're grasping at straws here. Just do everyone a favor and remove the "official" from the title.

If someone as high up in Digital Extremes as [DE]Rebecca want's it in, it happens as soon as the chance arrives. They may just be waiting for the right time, or building up suspense. You never know, but Rebecca is very high up in DE's heirarchy.

Being a community rep and forum administrator does not make one "high up" anywhere.

Its literally her job to collect and consolidate the feedback so the actual devs dont have to.

They didn't as far as I know. But Silva Aegis (Sword & Board) from the and Kronen (Tonfas) from the weapon design contest have been released. Leaving #3 Mios left, which was designed by Redskittlez. Typhus also being designed by Redskittlez leaves some speculation of his release.

So nothing official besides hey wouldn't it be cool.

Edited by immolator1001

Because "maybe" is a "yes".

Rebecca has made it known before that she's a fan of Typhus. Doesn't mean it'll happen. Stop thinking it's confirmation.

On another note, that response from Rebecca was when Senketsu had 154 posts, Senketsu now has 2,302 posts. That response was long ago. While Redskittlez poured practically all his time into Typhus throughout 2014, he randomly came out with a new frame concept last month and a few days later seemed to disappear from forums all together, similar to Zephyr's designer when he found out Zephyr made it into Warframe. Maybe out of some confidentiality agreement or maybe they changed Typhus in a way Redskittlez didn't like (these theories are if Typhus made it in). I agree that "Official" and "Confirmed" shouldn't be used, but "one day" could be around the corner.

>Tells it to others

>Typhus.

Ya... Rebecca isn't on the design team...

Edit: Also it clearly isn't "next on the list" since that post is from at least 5 months ago.

Edited by immolator1001

Typhus is a GREAT concept, I will admit, but honestly I think the time is too early for him, even with J3 being reworked. We need something better for him, and a plot that makes a lot of sense.

Perhaps he can be another Valkyr? Experimented on by the infested Alad V. Something like that.

But that's how I feel atm. Just don't think the lore (whatever small amount we have) is ready for him yet.

Funny.. I actually thought,

Grimoire-weiss.png

That game...so many feels, too many D:

On topic: reading the original title, I was hoping for confirmation or a teaser of typhus actually coming... that hype train took off faster than a Japanese bullet train, but crashed like it drove off a cliff. I still hope it makes it into the game, it's by far one of the coolest concepts I've seen yet.

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

Sorry where did they say literally anything about Typhus?

They didn't as far as I know. But Silva Aegis (Sword & Board) from the and Kronen (Tonfas) from the weapon design contest have been released. Leaving #3 Mios left, which was designed by Redskittlez. Typhus also being designed by Redskittlez leaves some speculation of his release.

Guys! Guys. Guys...

Quoting myself :

Steve himself said in a Prime time that he was just astonished by the most detailed fan concept he ever saw for this game.

Sauce :

(watch at 33' 45''.)

I just hope that they won't modify him like they did with Zephyr (and probably Mirage,since an harlequin frame was there before her release). They add him just like that,and it's neat. After all, Silva & Aegis are very near to the original but just need a damage buff/stamina logic(you're blocking with a shield, the stamina cost should be way more decreased than other melee weapons).

:D