Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hoping For Typhus

Lord-Voltain

I like Typhus as a general idea, but I personally think the powers Redskittlez suggested were almost all either overpowered, too similar to another Warframe's powers, or a little too complex to add into the game. From an artistic design standpoint, Typhus is amazing. The general lore is interesting too, but would need to be tweaked; I just think DE would need to work on actually making him unique and balanced with gameplay in mind.

That being said, I have my finger's crossed for Typhus but I don't think he's anywhere near confirmed. Mios is, which is rad, but Typhus is still a huge question mark. The next 'frame should be male though (discounting Primes), so it's at least possible that he'll be next.

And why is that?

The way i see is that the Lotus considers the powers of the Tenno to be holy or sacred and will not allow anyone to corrupt it. During the Alad V assassination mission she mentions this. Having a frame that feeds on others parasitically or using other living entities to strengthen itself just seems to go against that view as it takes in new essences polluting the frame. It seems something more in line with what the Infested would do and therefor i simply just dont think that Typhus would fit in the Warframe universe as a Tenno.

Absolutely no reason at all. I mean technically no frame released belongs with the tenno until it's released. Latest example, Mirage.

What do you mean? Mirage was a Tenno since the battle of the sentients.

Edited by Septin

I like Typhus as a general idea, but I personally think the powers Redskittlez suggested were almost all either overpowered, too similar to another Warframe's powers, or a little too complex to add into the game. From an artistic design standpoint, Typhus is amazing. The general lore is interesting too, but would need to be tweaked; I just think DE would need to work on actually making him unique and balanced with gameplay in mind.

That being said, I have my finger's crossed for Typhus but I don't think he's anywhere near confirmed. Mios is, which is rad, but Typhus is still a huge question mark. The next 'frame should be male though (discounting Primes), so it's at least possible that he'll be next.

Two of my previous posts on this subject:

In regards to being "similar"

The only thing Devour and Ripline have in common is that they are both Scorpion-esque spear attacks, but they serve entirely different purposes. Ripline is for moving around and pulling enemies towards yourself. Devour is for dealing damage and healing yourself. Boiling Blood is just an AoE attack that doesn't have any real similarities with any other abilities aside from being AoE. Cannibalize Armor has nothing to compare to and is pretty darn unique. And currently, Typhus' 4th ability is being reworked by Red and is no longer Cataclysm. If an earlier picture by Red is to believed, it will be some sort of "Destroyer" mode for Typhus that buffs him up and makes him stronger, unless Red has changed his mind.

and

in regards to being "overpowered"

Keep in mind that Typhus would have extremely low stats for a frame that does not have an ability to disappear from enemies' line of sight. Devour is single target only and allows Typhus to heal and buff himself in a tight spot. Boiling Blood is just your standard AoE attack and even hurts Typhus when he uses it. Cannibalize Armor is for when Typhus is surrounded by enemies and needs to heal and even then he can only attack so many, but he also gets more buffs than with Devour. Impale is just your standard "kill everything in front of me" ultimate skill that a few other warframes have and it also is subject to change(not sure whatever happened to Red's "Destroyer Mode" replacement for it)
Edited by JerZeyCJ

The way i see is that the Lotus considers the powers of the Tenno to be holy or sacred and will not allow anyone to corrupt it. During the Alad V assassination mission she mentions this. Having a frame that feeds on others parasitically or using other living entities to strengthen itself just seems to go against that view as it takes in new essences polluting the frame. It seems something more in line with what the Infested would do and therefor i simply just dont think that Typhus would fit in the Warframe universe as a Tenno.

Going off your word choice of "holy," lots of things can be considered holy that are destructive. Like a wrathful god. They are still a god, and thus "holy," but they can unleash terrible, destructive powers. Also keep in mind that Typhus, like Valkyr, has been changed and corrupted by Alad Vm according to Red's lore for him. Typhus' Warframe is also different, it is fueled by living matter and uses it to repair itself, I don't see it as the frame becoming "polluted" the Tenno inside is the source of the power, without them, warframes are just fancy suits.

This is a case of taking everything way to literally. Ehem, Nekros rasing and manipulating the dead. The Tenno Honor and Respect their enemy, but do not think twice about cutting them down. If you look into the lore Red has for Typhus. He was once a very powerful Tenno called Dracul, who was very noble. But when he became Typhus, He now searches to punish those who defiled him, and to Protect his fellow Tenno so that they wont ever have what happened to him happen to them. He wishes to die in battle, as a martyr. 

I appreciate that you're all interested in Typhus, but I want to clarify a few things.

- DE has not confirmed in any way that Typhus will be added to the game (yes they expressed interest and they liked the concept, but that is not confirmation).
 - Although Typhus's "signature" weapon the Infested Mios is going to make it in the game eventually, that does not mean Typhus is also going to make it in the game.

Please keep in mind that ideas (and fan concepts) for Warframe are just that; ideas. They can be completely out of the box, although we have assumed "laws" of Warframe design, these very laws are often turned upside down (i.e. Zephyr's Aesthstic, Hydroid Puddles, Oberon Paladins, Nekros Necromancers, etc).

I see it a lot with other concepts too; people come along and tell people "No, it can't be in the game, it doesn't fit" about their concept. We don't know what can and cannot fit, the "laws" of Warframe design are known only by DE, so please stop telling people that their ideas have no chance to make it in the game, none of us knows what DE will or won't do when it comes to Warframe design.

I'm also requesting for this thread to be closed because I don't want my concepts to be solicited by others. If you want to discuss my Typhus concept please do so on the Typhus Concept Thread.

Thanks for understanding.