Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love My Grakata Over Any Soma.

OverlordMcGeek

But the status is its redeeming factor as it can bring enemies down to 0 armor reducing there effective health sometimes by over 500% even more the higher level the enemy is. I can strip tenno, grineer, and bossess of armor in seconds with my current build which has 90% status. That lets me do more damage then the soma relative to the fact its still shooting through armor.

Difference is that Soma can get 75% crit chance, and Grakata only 62.5. If you dont factor in critical delay, which i dont, because it just eats a slot. So Soma crits 6/8 bullets, while Grakata only 5/8. Given, no big difference, the crit damage is what really widens the gap. 8,4 or 16,8 with shield, and 5,6 or 11,2 with shield is quite a high difference.

Grakata burns through way more ammo than Soma, and it also has quite the recoil. Its less accurate aswell.

This is a good point to bring up if it was thread going for full crit builds it is expressed over and over again that we talk about the status chance and how even if the soma is pure damage it will fall off with enemy armor scaling, while the grakata even with its small damage it will hold out better near the end(insert own idea of what "end" implies).

This is a good point to bring up if it was thread going for full crit builds it is expressed over and over again that we talk about the status chance and how even if the soma is pure damage it will fall off with enemy armor scaling, while the grakata even with its small damage it will hold out better near the end(insert own idea of what "end" implies).

Not to mention the Grakatas higher fire rate at all

Though thats more of a burst factor in this case