Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Silence Useful In One Step.

Lukap99

Step one.

All weapons fired in the silence AoE are 100% silent.

So cast silence upon the start of the mission and just follow your friends for instant stealth gunplay.

Also makes killing enemies outside of silence easier to kill without alerting anyone.

Silence does need a rework, but if there was a team who intended to do stealth gameplay (all agreed upon before starting a mission), giving it the same function as the weapon silencer mods doesn't seem like it would be adding much.

It also wouldn't help much without any inherent benefit to doing missions stealthily, or dedicated stealth mission types.

Silence actually has amazing frame and weapon synergy

Being an AoE continuous stun means you can lock a large group of enemies close together for

>AoE weapons such as the ogris,Torid,Lanka,Stug

>Powers such as M Prime, Overload, shield polarize, Blade storm

>Large AoE melee weapon abuse

Its an extremely useful utility if used correctly

Edited by Azawarau

Silence actually has amazing frame and weapon synergy

Being an AoE continuous stun means you can lock a large group of enemies close together for

>AoE weapons such as the ogris,Torid,Lanka,Stug

>Powers such as M Prime, Overload, shield polarize, Blade storm

>Large AoE melee weapon abuse

Its an extremely useful utility if used correctly

^This

Silence allows me to rez teammates when combined with Sonic Boom. Silence allows me and my teammates to land easy headshots on enemies that just entered the room. Silence allows us to prepare for new waves of enemies by setting up longer CC or weapon fire. Silence allows me to run past hordes of enemies on the way to extraction or to the air supply without having to worry about getting killed... Silence is actually really damn good. In fact, I use Sonic Boom a lot less now since Silence doesn't prevent me from landing headshots or Sonar shots (though I still use SB to clear paths and keep enemies locked down longer). More people need to give it a try.

I can't speak for its actual silence capabilities, since I use silent weapons on Banshee anyway. If it doesn't properly silence loud guns, then that needs to be fixed. Otherwise, Silence is fine.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I'd actually like silence to buff banshees abilities while active.

It makes sense (sorta) if there is no sound, but that which she is using it should be more effective.

I propose:

Sonicboom gains additional range while silence is active and stuns enemies as well as knocking them down.

Sonar if cast while silence is active will target an enemies actu weakpoints. (make all the heads glow orange!)

While silence is active, Sound Quake costs half as much enemies and gains increased (blast) proc chance.

This gives silence some really nice synergy with her other abilities, as well as encouraging more complex play.

I'd actually like silence to buff banshees abilities while active.

It makes sense (sorta) if there is no sound, but that which she is using it should be more effective.

I propose:

Sonicboom gains additional range while silence is active and stuns enemies as well as knocking them down.

Sonar if cast while silence is active will target an enemies actu weakpoints. (make all the heads glow orange!)

While silence is active, Sound Quake costs half as much enemies and gains increased (blast) proc chance.

This gives silence some really nice synergy with her other abilities, as well as encouraging more complex play.

I like these ideas :) though Banshee is one of my favorite frames and I may be biased. I like silence as is and my understanding is that it does silence weapons. Am I wrong about that?