Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beloved De: U16: Pause Of The Next Big Thing. (Straw Poll Included)

Nkomo-Sama

EDIT3: I have been playing warframe almost daily for over one year. I know what I am talking about. The vets were having THIS VERY DISCUSSION within three months of me joining in a thread called Open letter from your vets...the thread has been locked unfortunately.

Edit 2 :Thanks for all of your opinions. This is what I asked for. I will try and say this clearly: There have been some instances of bugs and lackadaisical animations/pathing etc.. since U7 That ARE STILL IN THE GAME. ALL I am proposing is that instead of adding new potentially broken content (THAT IS GOING TO REQUIRE MORE HOTFIXES TO WORK AS INTENDED) on top of old-almost-broken-but-totally-non-gamebreaking-content....we stop...take a second and fix the old-almost-broken-but-totally-non-game-breaking-stuff.

EXAMPLE :THE Puzzle FIX of U13. Does anyone remember HOW HAPPY DE_REBECCA WAS WHEN THE HACK PUZZLE (BROKEN FROM CLOSED BETA) Warframe was finally fixed U13...

EDIT :

YOU ALL SEEM TO  BE MISSING THE POINT. I AM REFERRING TO THE PORTION OF THE STAFF THAT DEVELOPS AND INSTITUTES CHANGES IN THIS GAME NOT THE CREATIVE CONCEPT ARTISTS WHO CAN DO THEIR JOB JUST AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE.

FIRST OFF: I LOVE THIS GAME FOR MANY REASONS AND THE DE STAFF IS THE BEST.

I LOVE ALL THE NEW ADDITIONS AND AM SURPRISED AND HAPPY FOR EVERY UPDATE THAT ADDS A NEW FACET TO THIS WONDERFUL GAME.

That being said

So for the ENTIRE U16 update cycle can we just kind of PAUSE with the adding of the new things (weapons, stages, enemies, mission types, warframes, sounds, U I changes, AND SOLELY FOCUS on fine tuning what you CURRENTLY have up to that point? (U15) PLEASE??? I love the new additions to the game but sometimes they feel rushed and incomplete. You won't lose us for this. As a matter of fact I am positive if for U16 you said "We are not adding anything new at this time we are going to focus on fine tuning what we have" The community would understand, encourage and be grateful for it. This has been asked many different ways by many different people. I am trying this way. If anyone has an opinion one way or another about this subject please upvote comment or both.

Here is a straw poll. http://strawpoll.me/2480157   RESULTS AS OF 10/20/14

Should DE pause any new additions to Warframe (after U15) and address concerns about it's current content ?

1. Yes

159 votes (58%)
2. No
79 votes (29%)                               2 TO 1 AGREE THAT WE SHOULD WAIT
3. I dont care
34 votes (13%)

272 total votes

BY THE WAY IF U15 ADDRESSES ALL THOSE LITTLE THINGS WE AS A COMMUNITY MAY NOT EMBRACE SO READILY PLEASE BY ALL MEANS IGNORE THIS THREAD

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Artists, 3D designers, mapmakers are not equal to programmers. Ceasing to add new content will just make the creative team sit on their posteriors doing nothing, it would not speed up fixing, it would only halt new content.

Your idea is to, basically, tell a plumber to stop working, because the electrician needs help.

Telling a 3D artist to solve Strict NAT is like telling a painter to create a sonata.

I don't know why topics like this one still happen... Can nobody, really, grasp the concept?

Edited by Angius

I don't know why topics like this one still happen... Can nobody, really, grasp the concept?

Clearly too difficult to comprehend. Probably the same reason why we get armchair devs with zero development experience thinking they can do a better job than actual game developers.

That applies to any game, mind you.

Artists, 3D designers, mapmakers are not equal to programmers. Ceasing to add new content will just make the creative team sit on their posteriors doing nothing, it would not speed up fixing.

Telling a 3D artist to solve Strict NAT is like telling a painter to create a sonata.

exactly, idk why people think they all work on the same thing at the same time lol

Artists, 3D designers, mapmakers are not equal to programmers. Ceasing to add new content will just make the creative team sit on their posteriors doing nothing, it would not speed up fixing.

This, among other reasons are why it won't happen.

If they halt adding content they will see a drop in player activity and plat sales, its just the way this kind of game works. 

Your poll is as pointless as this topic, as "pausing" content updates will never happen in a million years.

You don't know how F2P games work, do you?

Awesome. Thanks for your opinion which is far more pointed than my topic and poll. Awesome. I'll see you in 1 million years to see if your prediction holds true. F2p? How does it work? Is there money involved? Think that new console gamer base of Xbone cx may help?

Well, not necessarily, but...

The game needs some story, even if it's only in written form, that starts tying things together.

I know it's beta and everything, but given that it's been around for 2 years, there's an alarmingly large amoung of loose ends that needs tying, and unanswered questions that could use some answers.

That is a well thought out post... which once again fails to realize how game development works.

Seriously, new things will always be added at the same time as things are still being fine tuned. This isn't like one or two guys doing all the works here, but an entire development team. Many of which have come onto the devstreams where you can learn all about what they have done and what is coming next. There are only so many ways this can be repeated for all the people who think a development group can magically turn everyone into coders.

Awesome. Thanks for your opinion which is far more pointed than my topic and poll. Awesome. I'll see you in 1 million years to see if your prediction holds true. F2p? How does it work? Is there money involved? Think that new console gamer base of Xbone cx may help?

It'll take a week or two, tops, for you to see that you're wrong.

New content is the lifeblood of any F2P game. You add content, you keep players playing and give them something else to potentially spend money on. Asking them to stop any and all new content is idiotic and counter-intuitive.

You neeed content to keep players interested, and to sell this content for $. Free-to-play game without new content is a really bad buissiness.

Artists, 3D designers, mapmakers are not equal to programmers. Ceasing to add new content will just make the creative team sit on their posteriors doing nothing, it would not speed up fixing, it would only halt new content.

Your idea is to, basically, tell a plumber to stop working, because the electrician needs help.

So the CREATIVE team CANNOT CREATE OR MAKE PROTOTYPES OR PROOFS OF CONCEPT because artists modelers and programmers are FIXING CONTENT? Do any of YOU have any idea what you are talking about? ever heard of it? Also who argues against improving the product you use? Not smart people I am guessing. Also I feel like those same people would be sure their perspective is the only possible one therefore allowing them the gift of passing judgement and being extra critical of an opposing idea. Go figure?

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Why do people think that DE isn't fixing the game? Seriously go read the hotfix notes...

You misunderstand. I mean make U16 ONE GIANT HOTFIX. In addition to that the hotfix notes only cover about 1/3 of the actual changes that go into the game.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

So the CREATIVE team CANNOT CREATE OR MAKE PROTOTYPES OR PROOFS OF CONCEPT because artists modelers and programmers are FIXING CONTENT? Do any of YOU have any idea what you are talking about? You are referring to monetizing during that time...ummm Xbone/ps4...ever heard of it? Also who argues against improving the product you use? Not smart people I am guessing. Also I feel like those same people would be sure their perspective is the only possible one therefore allowing them the gift of passing judgement and being extra critical of an opposing idea. Go figure?

So, you want creative team to create new content, but to not put it in game, because you want to see only hotfixes?

Let's say, that DE has 100 people - 50 coders and 50 of creative team.

How it is now:

- 50 people fix bugs

- 50 people create content and put it in game

Your idea:

- 50 people fix bugs

- 50 people create content and do not put it in game

Also: Xbone and PS4 needs content as much as PC does. Maybe even more, because their updates are not so frequent.

So far all of your arguments are invalid.

Edited by Angius

So...

You're asking all the artwork, 3d modelling, concepting people to stop what they're doing and bug-fix, improve netcode and balance weapons.  XD

They have nothing to do with what I am proposing. They can carry on business as usual. How is this missing everyone?

I actually have posted exactly this on many, many game forums... but I have to switch sides now. Warframe could definitely use a clean-up pass from all departments. Map bugs, weapon clean up/rework/updates, optimization... every other livestream Scott tells us frame balance is waiting because he's busy, we have technical threads ongoing, drop tables...

This is not a house that needs just a plumber, it's fixer'up'er that needs everything.

Edited by VKhaun

So the CREATIVE team CANNOT CREATE OR MAKE PROTOTYPES OR PROOFS OF CONCEPT because artists modelers and programmers are FIXING CONTENT? Do any of YOU have any idea what you are talking about? ever heard of it? Also who argues against improving the product you use? Not smart people I am guessing. Also I feel like those same people would be sure their perspective is the only possible one therefore allowing them the gift of passing judgement and being extra critical of an opposing idea. Go figure?

just because a group of people wanted more "fixes" other people would get bored with the lack of content.

Edited by jennibear

They have nothing to do with what I am proposing. They can carry on business as usual. How is this missing everyone?

If they can carry their buissiness as usual, then why are you trying to forbid them from publishing it? xD

I mean, seriously, dude, have you heard yourself? "Make the coders fix the bugs, as usual, and make the creative team create content, as usual, but do not release said content"