Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Bored Of The Grind, Is There Some Sort Of Mission Or Gamemode On Warframe's That's Fun?

Gryphticon

Question

Probably the most fun I had in Warframe lately was the event with the fire proc Zanuka units. I soloed those a couple times and it was probably one of the more terrifying experiences I had with the game. I came awful close to burning up all my revives.

Probably trying to relive being a noob. Leveling all weapons and a warframe with either a s#@7y build along with other nublets back on mercury.

I like learning (Well there isnt much learning is there) new frames by playing them with only their mod skills equipped.

Challenge yourself, try something new (: Test your actual limits, rather than the limits of your 6 forma ultrapotato ratatatat.

If you're tired of the grind, you simply have to find a new goal. I was once in your position, and so I searched for a new objective in the game. My first one was to get all the weapons up to level 30, which was even more grinding than before. But what came afterwards, and that's what I still do, was one of the best things I could've done. I took myself some friends, opened a clan and helped them to build a nice dojo, made plans for them, gave them instructions, helped them to get new weapons. And when they were a rather big clan, had good equipment and a great dojo, I left the clan and did the same with a couple of other clans. It's more fun to work FOR other people and seeing them progress steadily. And since there are always different people with different knowledge, different opinions and different tastes, you can always help with different things.

But I'm not saying you have to do exactly what I do. What I mean is that you have to find youself a new goal, something you can work on permanently. For example, I have this friend who's a big Tenno fan. He plays almost only Invasion missions and tries to maintain balance, so Corpus can't establish on Grineer planets and Grineer usually don't win on Corpus planets. That's what he does.
Other objectives may be to become a Kubrow breeder and get rare imprints to sell, you could try to set up new Scores on the leaderboards, work as mercenary in dark sector conflict missions, become "the taxi driver" and play alert missions with new players. There are a couple of things you can do. You'll find something.

Survival and excavation are fun if you get a good group who aren't taking it too seriously. I am actually having a surprising amount of fun doing missions stealthily and codex scanning at the moment. You probably have already done that and I only do when soloing but if you haven't I recommended doing it for a change of pace. SUPER SPY!

But yes there is a lot of grind in this game which is a shame since the actual mechanics are fun. Then again I've played this game longer than most games and any game starts to get dull after a while. Without the grind there would be nothing to shoot for.

Edited by DementedSheep525

Also, you could open a new clan and search for people who like to do stealth runs. You can train with them, find the optimal loadout, help each other to get usefull stealth weapons, try to do really hard mission or bosses stealth. It's a good alternative to usual gamemodes, and investing time and money to see progress can be a great motivation.

my suggestion is, don't grind. i know the feel, you search hours and hours for something, but you never find it.

don't play the game for a silly little reward like a mod or prime parts, play it because it's fun. try different weapons, don't just stick to 1 or 2. don't look for the weapon with the highest DPS, look for the one with the most unique mechanics. just play the game for the experience, not for the rewards, that's my recomendation

Well I've decided to see how far using just mêlée will go. I to have been getting bored, but I had crazy fun playing the new tactical alerts, that's why I'm going mêlée only (with a kubrow as well for help).

I have been using forma on Excalibur to just make him good for strictly mêlée. I've been seeing how far I can go on all the planets. Eventually I will build copies of the other frames just to use mêlée with, after my testing of Excalibur to see if it's worth doing.

Trust me. Doing this is actually very challenging. You have to be crazy fast in order to get kills, block properly, and evade enemies. You also have to fight the urge to pull out a different weapon if you have then equipped.

Go all ninja and have fun like me.

By the way. I only have pistols equipped for the flying enemies.