Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balor Famorians :mega Thread

Augmenatus

In this recent update, it was said that we are preparing to defend against a coming invasion. It was said that our current warframes and weapons will not be advanced enough to combat this threat. And we were then given several new weapons to aid us.

This new threat is the Balor Famorians. Who or what they are is unknown to us. But we require stronger more advanced items to fight them.

Is this just the archwing?

I don't feel the addition of a wing suit will allow us the fight against them better aside from stopping shipborne invasions.

Will they add new warframes as well as more new weapons?

What do you think these new enemies will look like and how will they be matched up against the "old" enemies.

Would this be potentially considered end game?

Or simply a new chapter in the world of warframe?

Balor Famorians, sounds exciting!

Thoughts?

The Balor Famorians are essentially giant super death ships made by the grineer to rip apart corpus ships and colonies, and twice we stopped the production of them almost entirly, though now they are becoming a massive threat. 

Chances are that either that the presence of the famorians will be too dangerous for the liset to function properly, thus requiring Archwings, I don't know much else though. Though the Famorians will probaly have the best of grineer tech and infantry, so breaching will be a hell off task.

"Tenno, the Grineer villian of the week has amassed an armada of Fomorian Plot Devices, go gather several hundred units of McGuffin-nesium, ram that junk into their reactor cores, and defend it like your life depended on it."

"And then do it a few hundred more times and I might give you a shiny sticker and a gun."

Nah I kid, I do enjoy the events, although the Grineer do like constructing their Fomorians don't they? Hopefully we'll get to stick it to them and their death armada once and for all! (and to so with the Archwing would definitely be an interesting turn of events)

Edited by Paradoxbomb

My theory on the matter goes like this;

Warframe > All abilities useless in space for both practical (assume much greater ranges than are currently found on planet sets) and logical reasons (Tornadoes in space. I doubt even Tenno space magic can overcome that logical fallacy)

Weapons > All of our weapons are anti infantry weapons. I dont doubt my Lat Primes ability to rip through a crowd of Grineer Bombards but im not so sure when it comes to a Grineer spacefighter. And melee weapons... lol.

Enter the Archwing > As seen in the Gamecom trailer, Achwing seems to mount a heavy laser weapon and a big &#! laser sword for us to perforate and/or dice Grineer spacefighters with.

And if we are assuming theres going to be more than one type of Archwing, and more than one of each weapon, then that will make 3 new gear slots for players to work on.

The only part im not enthusiastic about is the mods.

"Tenno, the Grineer villian of the week has amassed an armada of Fomorian Plot Devices, go gather several hundred units of McGuffin-nesium, ram that junk into their reactor cores, and defend it like your life depended on it."

"And then do it a few hundred more times and I might give you a shiny sticker and a gun."

Someone get this man a job at DE for event creator.

That is what the message we received at the beginning of the event said. However, once you get to the end...

we find out the little S#&$ was using us to gather the cyrotic as "future ice" for exotic food transport. I think that calls into question whether there is really a threat, or that they were just provoking us into helping them.