Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need A New Warframe.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Question

Guest Tehnoobshow

I need a Warframe that is fun to play. And by fun, I mean requires skill. And by requires skill, I mean not press X or spam Y to win. I'm seriously starting to run out of options. Every single frame I've used so far has been boring as hell. It seems like every single ability is fire and forget or has to be spammed like crazy. All you have to do is keep pressing buttons. I don't want that. I want abilities that are situational and reactive, something that requires input from the user throughout in order to actually have an effect. I want something that will keep a chess grandmaster with ADD interested, if those even exist. What I absolutely do not want is a frame that is mindnumbingly easy to use and instantly makes the enemies completely useless like Loki or Trinity. Does such a Warframe even exist?

Edit:

These are the things I don't want:

Any nuke abilities.

Any damage ability made for spamming (like pull).

Any ability that give an instant buff (like warcry or roar)

Any ability that makes the enemies completely useless (like all of Loki's abilities except switch teleport)

Edited by Tehnoobshow

In response to your edit to your OP, your request is practically impossible without your effort. Every frame has at least one of those. The only way to have a frame with none of those is to deliberately forma out an ability polarity or two, or just remove the abilities you don't want to use and never use those mod slots. Or take the increased cost for whatever mod you put in them.

There is no help we can give you, as your request requires you to modify the frames yourself. Unless you take the time to do that, you will never be happy with any frame unless you are willing to make compromises.

Trinity.

People complains about how broken she is, but she's not.

It's just that people are too lazy to actually adapt to her new play style, which involves constantly watching your teammates Shield & Health (like you should because she's a support frame). And she's just more challenging to use now.

But if you get the hang of it, Trinity is basically still the immortal frame.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Trinity.

People complains about how broken she is, but she's not.

It's just that people are too lazy to actually adapt to her new play style, which involves constantly watching your teammates Shield & Health (like you should because she's a support frame). And she's just more challenging to use now.

But if you get the hang of it, Trinity is basically still the immortal frame.

How does Trinity require skill?

Press 1 for health pack

Press 2 for energy pack

Press 3 to become Jesus

Press 4 to make everyone immortal

You get everything you could possibly want instantly. What's the fun in that?

Guest Tehnoobshow

I would recommend Valkyr. Her ult is fully hands on.(pun intended)

Press 4 to become immortal. When it runs out, press 4 again. The same goes for her 2. Gets old real quick.

They do exist, and a lot of it does come down to how you use them. You don't have to Disarm everyone with Loki, but it is a very effective strategy.

You could always go with a Nekros or an Ember, both of which are often decried as horrible despite being very good. Both have 2 very effective combat abilities with a third for backup.

Nekros has Terrify and Shadows of the Dead, both of which are situational but very effective if used right. Neither one is a directly offensive ability and both have solid utility, but both have practical offensive applications as well. Soul Punch works for backup, since it's a very fast attack that puts one or more enemies out of the fight for a bit (and deals some moderate damage).

Ember has Fireball and World on Fire to deal raw damage. Fireball also comes with a forced Fire proc, which keeps enemies busy for a few seconds. World on Fire does high damage in a moderately sized area, but it only affects one enemy at a time. Accelerant works as a very fast casting stun in a decent radius. The stun only lasts few a few seconds, but it leaves a major weakness to Fire on all affected enemies, providing a solid synergy between powers and weapons (depends on modding). Fireball and Accelerant are the only abilities I run with when going for massive damage, but that's because of preference.

Neither frame is particularly tanky, too, so there would have to be an effort to survive. I hope this helps!

Guest Tehnoobshow

They do exist, and a lot of it does come down to how you use them. You don't have to Disarm everyone with Loki, but it is a very effective strategy.

You could always go with a Nekros or an Ember, both of which are often decried as horrible despite being very good. Both have 2 very effective combat abilities with a third for backup.

Nekros has Terrify and Shadows of the Dead, both of which are situational but very effective if used right. Neither one is a directly offensive ability and both have solid utility, but both have practical offensive applications as well. Soul Punch works for backup, since it's a very fast attack that puts one or more enemies out of the fight for a bit (and deals some moderate damage).

Ember has Fireball and World on Fire to deal raw damage. Fireball also comes with a forced Fire proc, which keeps enemies busy for a few seconds. World on Fire does high damage in a moderately sized area, but it only affects one enemy at a time. Accelerant works as a very fast casting stun in a decent radius. The stun only lasts few a few seconds, but it leaves a major weakness to Fire on all affected enemies, providing a solid synergy between powers and weapons (depends on modding). Fireball and Accelerant are the only abilities I run with when going for massive damage, but that's because of preference.

Neither frame is particularly tanky, too, so there would have to be an effort to survive. I hope this helps!

Unfortunately, no. Terrify, Shadows of the Dead, Accelerant, and World on Fire are like the definition of fire and forget. Use them when there's a crowd of enemies, reuse as needed. Boring.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Zephyr.

Probably the most fun warframe I have, and I've got all frames except Nova (currently cooking in the foundry).

Turbulence = fire and forget damage reduction, Tornado = every other nuke in the game, Tail Wind is a mobility skill not much to be said there, Dive Bomb requires spamming

Also, I have Zephyr, and I don't find her fun at all.

Unfortunately, no. Terrify, Shadows of the Dead, Accelerant, and World on Fire are like the definition of fire and forget. Use them when there's a crowd of enemies, reuse as needed. Boring.

They are also the definition of reactionary. Didn't you also ask for that?

You want a tactical frame? Try Banshee. Sonic Boom to push back enemies. Sonar to locate enemies as well as their weak spots. Silence for temporary stun. Soundquake with Natural Talent for when things get heavy. None of it is really "fire and forget." Not even Soundquake, not after making it toggle. And if any enemies are outside its range, you're stuck there unless you decide to move, and that can kill you.

But honestly, I think you may end up being unhappy with just about every suggestion people give you. You've shot down everything so far, and I imagine you might shoot this suggestion down too.

I own most frames, missing only four; two of them prime variants and the other two being Hydroid and Mirage.

I have to say that I wasn't having fun for a while and then lately I've been using a melee focused build for all of my frames. That is: no abilities equipped, duration mods, stamina mods, movility mods, reflection and a melee (whichever) with an unranked Life Strike.

I've been having many fun with that.

Personally, I find Nyx to be incredible fun. Chaos isn't exactly spammable, and with a duration build, casting it at the wrong time could mean the difference between a whole map of frienemies and a handful of glowing purple people preventing you from true cc. Mind control also adds some great strategy; especially in void defense. Horde of enemies shows up, do you want the shield buff from a shield drone, the health ticks from an ancient, or perhaps a walking cloud of friendly poison from a difference ancient, or maybe you just want a heavy gunner to mow down her former allies. I've been playing Nyx for so long, way before they changed Absorb, so I hardly use it. Its not even slotted on my main build. It can be good to tie up a few enemies for a bit, and I think it can be exploited to protect others or pods, and it can do some crazy damage, so I wouldn't say its exactly strategy heavy, but then, just don't use it like I do. 

Valkyr is also an interesting option. Personally I don't use any of her powers except occasionally her ult if I really run into trouble. Throw Vit, quick thinking, rage, and reflection; give her a life steal weapon, and have fun going full melee. Her buffs and stun could add more power strategy but I prefer using her energy pool as reserve health. 

tl;dr  My only suggestions at this point are Volt and Trinity.  If you don't like either of them, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.

Turbulence = fire and forget damage reduction, Tornado = every other nuke in the game, Tail Wind is a mobility skill not much to be said there, Dive Bomb requires spamming

Also, I have Zephyr, and I don't find her fun at all.

Turbulence doesn't offer damage reduction (it's bullet redirection, a big difference - just ask the Grineer), Tornado is terrible for damage (only great for CC, really), and Tail Wind & Dive Bomb are mainly for mobility.  Her mobility is what makes her fun, imo, but you don't seem to like it...in fact, you don't seem to like much.  Just what are you looking for?

It seems you hate damage, since you'll just spam the ability ('press 4 to win', HoM, etc...).

It seems you hate mobility, since it's not fun.

It seems you hate utility, since it'll 'make enemies completely useless'.

The only warframe I could imagine you liking from this conclusion is Volt, since he does all three, but not to the extent that I think it would make things not fun for you.  (That's only conjecture, though - from the sounds of it, you might decide to pump power strength and then complain that he nukes everything like every other damage frame.)

Press 1 for health pack
Press 2 for energy pack
Press 3 to become Jesus

As a Trinity player, I can tell this is not at all right.  The first two are not instant, Link doesn't make you immortal, and Blessing no longer makes the team immortal (that's the old Blessing you're thinking of).

In fact, this is strange.  From your description - you want reactive abilities that you can't just fire and forget - I think Trinity might be the one you're looking for after all.

- WoL:  the opposite of 'fire and forget', you need to either take down the enemy right away or deal with him later - you can't simply forget his existence after hitting him with WoL.  Not to mention you (and your teammates) actually need to hit him to get any healing, which would require strategy as to which enemy to hit so all teammates would see it and fire at it.

- EV:  useful CC that doesn't interrupt the killing, and provides useful energy for the team.  Unless you don't care about your team, picking out which enemy to EV (to get all teammates energy) as well as the heavier targets to CC requires some thinking on your part.  In addition, it's not just fire and forget - like WoL, you've got to deal with the enemy either earlier or later.

- Link:  while you might hate this ability (given your description), it's actually quite fun for Link to point out your next victims to you.  Never has a healing class ever felt so much like a hunter-killer....

- Blessing:  probably the best reactive ability in the game.  It gets better the more you wait to use it, so managing the risk-versus-reward of letting teammates health go down is something that seems right up your alley.

But honestly, I think you may end up being unhappy with just about every suggestion people give you. You've shot down everything so far, and I imagine you might shoot this suggestion down too.

^Also, this.

Basically, if using frames the same way is boring, then use them a different way. The way you're describing them, every single ability in the game is "fire and forget." Using them differenly is not hard and makes the game more enjoyable (for me, at the very least).

^And this.

Edited by castem

Terrify causes a limited number of enemies to flee, and you can't recast until they are all dead or the timer is up. Unless you only fight small groups, that is hardly fire and forget. SotD runs off a timer, and the shadows don't do too much other than soak up bullets and dish a little damage out. Again, hardly fire and forget, especially since you have to kill to even have shadows and since they won't kill everything.

Accelerant is a brief stun that does no damage in itself. It does, however, build excellent synergy with other abilities and weapons. That's a bit more intensive than many abilities in the game. World on Fire can be a bit fire and forget, sure, but it is much less so than many other abilities. If it does bother you, then just don't use it.

Basically, if using frames the same way is boring, then use them a different way. The way you're describing them, every single ability in the game is "fire and forget." Using them differenly is not hard and makes the game more enjoyable (for me, at the very least).

Banshee maybe?Since you can't really kill anything easily w/Sound Quake or shockwave,can't really press skills to win.

Or nekros can be pretty skilful too.

And Trinity blessing won't make you immortal,you will still die if you're not careful,just sayin.

I mean,why not just don't use any overpowered skills on any frame?

Edited by CodeFaker

Press 1 for health pack

Press 2 for energy pack

Press 3 to become Jesus

I was going to tear you down to shreds but it seems like you've been schooled already.

Just hope you actually read their posts and learn your lesson.

Guest Tehnoobshow

I was going to tear you down to shreds but it seems like you've been schooled already.

Just hope you actually read their posts and learn your lesson.

Go ahead, I still don't get how Trinity takes skill to use. Unless you're talking about keeping your teammates alive too. But that's really more luck than skill, since you have to hope that your teammates aren't complete idiots.

I say get a trinity. She keeps me on my toes due to having a short duration on all her powers but she's a lot of fun. She doesn't make enemies useless at all. But if you really don't want her try volt. Since his damage abilities don't scale well you'll be relying on his speed and shield. Nova is fun as well. You have to position yourself well for her powers which keeps you on your feet.

Banshee Sonar Build / Saryn Venom Build = whack-a-mole

Frost Ice Wave Spam is fun, rather spammy but the aiming mechanism makes it feel more involved.

Nekros Shadows builds can work, if only in terms of keeping track of target acquisition to only summon heavies.

Nova (AMD, rather than MP)

New Oberon has been pretty fun, reactive healing, proactive proc/armor buff, AoE CC/Stun for emergencies. Can be setup to spam 4 but doesn't have to be.

Valkyr without Hysteria is my go-to for a melee build. 2703 armor totally OP (you take about 10% damage).

Vauban Tesla spam onto a Kubrow is a lot of fun :P

Finally, Volt's shield builds works great for defenses and orienting presents some planning/interactivity (moreso than Frost's SG). With Shock as a stun and Speed as a mobility tool / melee buff you've got stuff to do after the shields are placed.

Valkyr without Hysteria is my go-to for a melee build. 2703 armor totally OP (you take about 10% damage).

Valkyr to also take dogs on walk. Linked Armor/Health on Valkyr's Kubrow is ... obscene... Carry a Reju aura and use Pack Leader for immortal girl-dog team.