Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Start Over? New Character Help

(XBOX)DAN1EL86

Question

Thank you all. I will keep playing until I unlock more swag. 

Great game, pretty fun but I noticed tons of micro transactions (boo). : )

Just as a note, everything except for pure cosmetics CAN be made/traded, so technically it's not really transactions unless it's a very niche situation. Please remember this game is being developed and published by one company directly to us without a middle man and they love to communicate with the community.

I've read so much on the game before it came out for the Xbox. I wanted to play it on my laptop but I learned it was no where near good enough. So I've been steadily following along since update 7 or so. Now I finally get to play it and I am rather excited about it.

I said the same thing when I started this game 7 months ago. This game surprisingly runs well on my laptop albeit with some hiccups.

you actually dont HAVE to pay a rat cent as you can get plat by just playing the game and selling stuff.

To everyone saying that Rhino is the first frame available to farm, that is not strictly true. It is possible (hard, but possible) to have a full Oberon before leaving Mercury. 

And after you got Oberon, you're crying at how RNG gives you his stupid blueprints instead of other (and arguably better, no offense Oberon you're cool) stuff.

At least his blueprints are sellable... which is worth much more credits than what most enemies drop.

Edited by jjpdn

It begins.

i LOL'd at this

I'm a little slow, so you can evolve your solider and use different suits with different parts/abilities? Gender is irrelevant and can be changed? 

we are tenno, warriors who mastered the ways of old,

the gender thing doesn't affect anything, but, DE did say they would eventually make male and female versions of each warframe but dont expect that anytime soon. 

i suggest reading the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

also feel free to message me via the forums if you have any questions, i would be happy to help you

If you wish for a tank you will need to unlock Venus and obtain Rhino parts from Jackal. The only stipulation is that you need to be mastery rank 2 to use him.

Avoid Rhino like a plague, as he will make you bad player and braindead in better cases. Get yourself Excalbur ( you should have taken him ) as he will show you how this game works.

this game is RUBBISH at explaining anything. like the fact that although your starter frame choice doesn't matter too much, unless you spend real money(platinum) you're in for a hell of a grind to get the next one, and even then you're locked into a staggered system. you really shouldn't have to trawl a wiki just to play a game.

basically each frame requires blueprints and parts, and they come from bosses. each planet has one boss, and you need to defeat said boss to open the next planet.

so basically the order you can acquire each frame is set in the order planets can be unlocked and bosses can be farmed. of course the clan specific frames, Mirage's missions and the Primes are located elsewhere, BUT the majority of your progression is locked.

so all the Rhino hate is rough on a newb as it's all we got unless we buy frames like a chump. in any case I'm stuck with it and I can't stand it, finally farmed Valkyr so we'll see how that goes...

Avoid Rhino like a plague, as he will make you bad player and braindead in better cases. Get yourself Excalbur ( you should have taken him ) as he will show you how this game works.

If someone truly wishes to play as a tank especially if it's their playstyle, we cannot judge them. Although it is disheartening to see people barely use any other frame besides Rhino.

this game is RUBBISH at explaining anything. like the fact that although your starter frame choice doesn't matter too much, unless you spend real money(platinum) you're in for a hell of a grind to get the next one, and even then you're locked into a staggered system. you really shouldn't have to trawl a wiki just to play a game.

basically each frame requires blueprints and parts, and they come from bosses. each planet has one boss, and you need to defeat said boss to open the next planet.

so basically the order you can acquire each frame is set in the order planets can be unlocked and bosses can be farmed. of course the clan specific frames, Mirage's missions and the Primes are located elsewhere, BUT the majority of your progression is locked.

so all the Rhino hate is rough on a newb as it's all we got unless we buy frames like a chump. in any case I'm stuck with it and I can't stand it, finally farmed Valkyr so we'll see how that goes...

U14 introduced a questing system and a new user experience that makes the learning curve a bit more forgiveable, it is understandable if there are some things people are still confused about (perhaps the modding system is an example). Trust me, people were frustrated before when all we had was a set of weapons and pushed right into the solar system.

With this being said, I would suggest reporting this in the feedback section. Bearing this in mind I recommend this kind of feedback are voiced in a civil and constructively criticized manner.

Edited by IAmTheWar

Actually, I think we all need to go through that phase, and when we finally get out of it, use other frames, and then decide to come back to Rhino, that will probably be the time Rhino will be used properly :)

AND in order to get those neat weapons for "free" use credits in the market to buy the blueprints. Those things are also the point of all the resources you will end up collecting. Also note: you can sell items like those extra warframe parts you WILL get while hunting the 3 you need.

content wise, you are able to acquire all of it without having to spend a single penny. The micro transaction are only for the people who either has the income to support it or just impatient.

Besides there are only a handful of things that you should buy when you do decide to drop some money on it. Those things in this order are;

inventory slots > catalyst > reactors > formas > cosmetics with left over platinums.

Actually, I think we all need to go through that phase, and when we finally get out of it, use other frames, and then decide to come back to Rhino, that will probably be the time Rhino will be used properly :)

This is true, tho i leveled Rhino among last frames. I dont have anything against the frame, most of the Rhino players are "specific". :)

As for the OP, just level stuff up, unlock planets and get materials for new items. You will need a week or two to learn game mechanics.

Edited by RoboDoge

If you want a good Tank frame, go to one of 3 bosses: Lech Kril on Ceres for Frost, Alad V on Jupiter for Valkyr, or Jackal on Venus for Rhino. Just remember that Rhino is far from the best tank, despite what people say, Iron Skin becomes a crutch, and thus a dependency can be created, and when you hit the high-level missions and some two-bit Crewmen or Lancers decide to gun you down, Iron Skin won't hold. If you want a tank that can stay alive for long periods of time, go Valkyr. She has the highest armor rating in the game, and her 4 gives her invincibility and lifesteal for a very long time, provided you mod her correctly, I believe I have gotten Valkyr to be in Hysteria for 70+ seconds. Frost is the game's Ice frame, and is able to not only take a punch, but dish out damage AND throw out a relatively durable globe of ice to protect an objective and allies, as well as being able to lay down more than one globe, making it an immobile better Iron Skin.

Please note I have nothing against Rhino, but as Vaikiss so aptly put it, he is a bandwagon Frame. The only reason I would play Rhino is if I was to speed run something, and since Arcane helmets are likely not going to happen on XBone, that is better reserved for Loki, Ash, Mirage, or Nova. However, DE might throw Arcane helmets on an event for you guys, since you all missed out on them. 

Anyways, welcome to Warframe, sorry you weren't satisfied with your pick at the start, but if you were looking for a tank, there are none to be found at the start, besides MAYBE Excalibur with Radial Blind spam, as the best way to tank is to make sure the enemies don't hit you at all.

content wise, you are able to acquire all of it without having to spend a single penny. The micro transaction are only for the people who either has the income to support it or just impatient.

Besides there are only a handful of things that you should buy when you do decide to drop some money on it. Those things in this order are;

inventory slots > catalyst > reactors > formas > cosmetics with left over platinums.

I have much to learn. The Wiki will be super helpful. 

Thanks for the support guys. This is a huge change from the trolls and little boys on the Battlefield 4 Forums. 

Thanks again!!!