Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion - Would It Be Improved With A Damage Intensifying Function?

Krion112

Having used the Glaxion, I can say the weapon suffers from several issues:

-Poorer than Poor ammo economy

-Low Damage to Ammo Capacity Comparison

-Too similar to an existing beam weapon which outclasses it (ie, the Flux)

-Useless at its, what I assume is intended, purpose as a debuffing weapon

I feel all these issues can be negated with a simple addition: add a damage intensifying effect to the Glaxion.

My idea for this is that as the Glaxion strikes a target, it will create a 'cold point', which amplifies all damage that is inflicted in this single point, not dissimilar to Banshee's Sonar effect. The differences are that one, the cold point only adds additional damage to an attack based on it's own percentage, which maxes at 100% only allowing an incoming attack to increase to 200%, and two, the previously mentioned percentage is quickly draining when not maintained by a Glaxion beam, making it dissipate quickly.

This means the Glaxion could deal significantly greater damage when focusing on a single point on a single target, and would also make it great utility for supporting your allies, as one tenno with a Glaxion could create a cold point on a hardier target, while another tenno finishes the target off with a more damage intensive weapon. It would also set the weapon apart from its Flux, Spectra, and Nukor cousins.

Just a thought, I'm still enjoying the weapon, DE has done some great work with it, I hope to see it improved.

Anybody else feel likewise or disagree?

- Ammo mutation

- Serration

- Eh. Yup , another mastery weapon. 

- It's not useless. It's actually pretty fun to use on low level survival.

So i disagree with most of your points.

Just as a couple counter arguments:

-Not everyone has ease of access nor the luck to acquire an ammo mutation mod. I've been fortunate enough to acquire one, however, and even with ammo mutation, maxed out maximum ammo, and with the additional ammo pick up mods, this weapon runs out much too quickly to be of use for too long.

-I agree it can get reasonable damage with serration, however not for anything end game.

-How is that an argument?

-Yeah, low level. Yet, this weapon requires some high level of play materials to make. I'm pretty sure its intended for the mid-game, and to be upgraded to the end-game.

It's disappointing that it's trying to be like an LMG instead of a continuous beam like the Phage or Synaspe. Star Trek Online has a much better version of what a cryo weapon should be like, and it has an alternate fire mode that gives it this nice aoe cone that freezes any enemy within that aoe. Something the Glaxion could've had.

Just as a couple counter arguments:

-Not everyone has ease of access nor the luck to acquire an ammo mutation mod. I've been fortunate enough to acquire one, however, and even with ammo mutation, maxed out maximum ammo, and with the additional ammo pick up mods, this weapon runs out much too quickly to be of use for too long.

-I agree it can get reasonable damage with serration, however not for anything end game.

-How is that an argument?

-Yeah, low level. Yet, this weapon requires some high level of play materials to make. I'm pretty sure its intended for the mid-game, and to be upgraded to the end-game.

Agreed, it could use a damage buff and a status buff + what you are already suggesting and it could also do to freeze enemies faster I.E when they are at 25% health they are frozen solid. 

Edited by Olivionic

It's not an argument.

I simply said i disagree with most of what you stated.

However , i do agree ammo economy is atrocious. 

Greatly appreciate the clarification.

use mutlishot. it would help.

and add crit damage mods.

you can change the element to viral

I did try a build like this prior to my maximize ammo build. You can increase damage that way, but its term for usefulness is even shorter and, by extension, less viable.

No one said a cool looking gun was going to be useful

On the contrary, being Warframe, I'd of expected the weapon to have a viable build in there somewhere, but so far anything I've tried either only lasts a moment or lasts for far too long with no effect.

It's disappointing that it's trying to be like an LMG instead of a continuous beam like the Phage or Synaspe. Star Trek Online has a much better version of what a cryo weapon should be like, and it has an alternate fire mode that gives it this nice aoe cone that freezes any enemy within that aoe. Something the Glaxion could've had.

Shooting multiple beams maybe the anser. The extra beams would spread out when more targets are in range and with the damage getting higher as you shoot, the damage on single beams would be good/