Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber On The Latron Wraith?

Lqn8r

Question

15 answers to this question

It can be effective but you can forget about getting head shots past 30m. 

It can be rather effective on defence maps but not advisable on long range maps.

Lol All I know is the Latron Wraith is one of the few weapons I have that I will be formaing.

Urm that's good to know I guess. 

It can be effective but you can forget about getting head shots past 30m. 

It can be rather effective on defence maps but not advisable on long range maps.

Urm that's good to know I guess. 

How high should I rank it?

Basically if you want max damage you'll have to use HC. HC will make any weapon useless after 30-35m, even within 30m you are still going to find that HS may miss on occasion. But consider this, most mobs will find it hard to hit you past 35m anyways since you'll be consistently moving.

If you don't maximise HC, consider using elemental mods as the damage is roughly on par. Plus you get the advantage of Damage 2.0 effects if you combine your elemental.

Edited by connico

Fun fact: Even without Heavy Caliber, Latron Wraith still outputs more damage than a Boltor Prime with it (around 15%). With Heavy Caliber, only Boar Prime and the bows can potentially outdamage it (among primaries anyway).

Edited by Spacetimer

I say no to HC, go for the head, it's much easier and the multiplier is bigger. With punch-through you can pop 3 - 4 heads in a row.

Using weapons at mid-range means the enemy has a chance to damage you. If I wanted that, I would choose a bow.

Fun fact: Even without Heavy Caliber, Latron Wraith still outputs more damage than a Boltor Prime with it (around 15%). With Heavy Caliber, only Boar Prime and the bows can potentially outdamage it (among primaries anyway).

i've also discovered this. So i have 2 builds on the latron w:

-one without heavy caliber, going for headshots, using critical delay, so i have a more reliable single shot, and i take my time aiming anyway

-the other with HC+max punch through, and i use it as i'd use a boltor: spam bodyshots in the crowds, and watch them dying

these are theoretical builds, i haven't finished formaing yet

try heavycal +speedtrigger and map fire to mousewheel for the lolz

Usually I would say "add Mirage", but I remembered how uncomfortable it is to aim when Hall of Mirrors is on....

Nay... leave Mirage to stuff that don't need aiming, like Thunderbolt Attica or something.