Warframe Glaxion: Getting A Buff And If So What Will Happen?

jonultra

While using the Glaxion (supercharged) I felt that it was a little too weak. Many can agree with me when I say that the ice effect is pretty nice, but stats wise it is a VERY sad weapon. The damage+firerate is mediocre at best and the ammo economy is almost that of a grakata. The ammo consumed just doesn't justify its damage output. (40 RPS X 6=240 DPS) as compared to the Flux Rifle (10 RPS X 22.6=226 DPS). Although the Glaxion has a higher DPS the Flux Rifle clearly gets more damage out of the ammo consumed. Im just going to assume that maybe DE may buff this weapon just to make it a little more viable. Maybe increase the damage to 8-10. I just don't think this meets the requirements of a Rank 6 weapon. As for those who would beg to differ this is just MY opinion on the matter. If anyone thinks this weapon is actually VIABLE I would love to hear you input.

Edited by jonultra

While using the Glaxion (supercharged) I felt that it was a little too weak. Many can agree with me when I say that the ice effect is pretty nice, but stats wise it is a VERY sad weapon. The damage+firerate is mediocre at best and the ammo economy is almost that of a grakata. The ammo consumed just doesn't justify its damage output. (40 RPS X 6=240 DPS) as compared to the Flux Rifle (10 RPS X 22.6=226 DPS). Although the Glaxion has a higher DPS the Flux Rifle clearly gets more damage out of the ammo consumed. Im just going to assume that maybe DE may buff this weapon just to make it a little more viable. Maybe increase the damage to 8-10. I just don't think this meets the requirements of a Rank 6 weapon. As for those who would beg to differ this is just MY opinion on the matter. If anyone thinks this weapon is actually VIABLE I would love to hear you input.

i think it's viable but by no means end-game material.

reduce the ammo consumption by about 25% and increase the damage about 8-12% on base and it might be though.

just knee-jerk numbers, but i supercharged mine and got it to 30... and don't really plan to touch it again until DE does something to tweak it.

it's a curiosity at the moment.

Ammo consumption is too $&*&*#(%& even with a Max rifle ammo mutation,total ammo is not lasting more than 4-5 min

critical delay seems to help but i haven't bothered to figure out how much.

even with a max ammo drum you can burn through the entire reserve in 1-2 waves in endless defense. 

Well if they are to buff it, ammo economy is the first fix. If they halved the fire rate and tripled the damage, (20 RPS X 18=360) you would end up with a pretty decent weapon. But alas I don't expect DE to touch this weapon for probably a couple of months. :/ 

But damage is very good as it is already, triple would be way too much.

This is not really true. The damage looks OK when considering base damage per shot and fire rate. If you consider its 1% crit, it does not hold a candle to the other continuous beam weapons.

A typical synapse crit build will approximately double the damage per second at 1/4 the ammo consumption. The Glaxion offers nothing to balance this. It's vastly inferior in every way. Even the flux is capable of doing more damage while offering significant status procs at 1/4 the ammo consumption.

This is not really true. The damage looks OK when considering base damage per shot and fire rate. If you consider its 1% crit, it does not hold a candle to the other continuous beam weapons.

A typical synapse crit build will approximately double the damage per second at 1/4 the ammo consumption. The Glaxion offers nothing to balance this. It's vastly inferior in every way. Even the flux is capable of doing more damage while offering significant status procs at 1/4 the ammo consumption.

Damage is better than the Flux rifle, base 226DPS for Flux rifle and 252 for Glaxion, the status chance is only 15% while Flux rifle is 25% but Glaxion kind of makes up with fire rate.

Edited by Nachino

Although the DPS of the flux rifle is 226 compared to glaxion's 240 the flux still has higher sustained damage overall. With its total ammo capacity, the glaixon is capable of doing 10800 damage (6 X 1800) whereas the fluxrifle is able to do 16724 total damage (22.6 X 740). Even with over a thousand extra rounds the glaxion barfs in comparison to the flux, and I don't even LIKE the flux(the whole laser pointer and all).

The damage+firerate is mediocre at best and the ammo economy is almost that of a grakata. The ammo consumed just doesn't justify its damage output.

it's firerate it's double that of a grakata, which by the way pwns the glaxion in both utility and dps

Edited by bl4ckhunter

I'm fine with their decision about damage, but not about ammo economy.

When you finish the 1800 ammo you take at the start of the mission, you have to change weapon.

even with a max ammo drum you can burn through the entire reserve in 1-2 waves in endless defense. 

even with max ammo mutation you can't obtain enough munitions.

Picking up 20 ammo reserve is...more or less 1 second of continuos fire?

I really like this weapon, but just like you said right now it's impossible to use

I'm fine with their decision about damage, but not about ammo economy.

When you finish the 1800 ammo you take at the start of the mission, you have to change weapon.

even with max ammo mutation you can't obtain enough munitions.

Picking up 20 ammo reserve is...more or less 1 second of continuos fire?

I really like this weapon, but just like you said right now it's impossible to use

exactly.

hey! look at me! i have a neat weapon! oh wait...

back to sidearm / melee.. :(

once you get into enemy damage scaling (say above level 40-50) the amount of time necessary to kill even a single mob would be 1-2 reloads. (600+ rounds) so you get to kill, what, 3 heavies and you're done?

absurd weapon. it's neat. i'll give it that. but it strikes me as DE saying, "oh, you wanted a frost beam weapon? here!" (hehehehe)

kinda crappy imo.

just got it and... freezing after death = sucks, pointless and adds clutter to the screen.

And that ammo economy. with mutation and  total ammo ( 1950 total)  - it just lasts moments. And when out - it takes AGES to collect that much ammo to refill. Spent 3 waves collecting ammo and i was at roughly 900.

just got it and... freezing after death = sucks, pointless and adds clutter to the screen.

And that ammo economy. with mutation and  total ammo ( 1950 total)  - it just lasts moments. And when out - it takes AGES to collect that much ammo to refill. Spent 3 waves collecting ammo and i was at roughly 900.

i will say it's funny to see grineer get clogged up trying to get past their frozen buddies, so there is an element of creating a choke point with the frozen corpses. it's also pretty humorous to see them shatter their frozen comrades with bullets / melee weapons too.