Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meta, What Do You Think?

Hamco.io

The previous title of this post was "I'm sick and tired of those min-maxers", and it apparently attracted a lot of discussion and had some very interesting (while I don't necessarily agree) points and even some debates, but um...

My original intention wasnt trying to bring up any hate towards min-maxers, I just had a big argument with my ex-clan mates on the meta of the game and that guy just simply told me that there is either weapon that can be used in end-game or crap toys (with a whole lot other people supporting him, since i was the new member of the clan). I was very upset by that time and may have come up with a stupid conclusion that I hate min-maxers. However it turns out that min-maxing my favorite weapon is also considered min-maxing and achieving my own goal. I guess I probably can't say too much about min-maxing anymore, we all have our own objectives in playing the game, right? 

That being said, I still have difficulty communicate with meta-focused players, and maybe that's the reason for me not to go to any T4 missions. But I started to have a lot of fun carrying new players and giving them an opportunity to choose what frame to build next other than "build a rhino first", though I don't know whether I am doing the right thing or not......

But apparently I have always been curious about my ability of going for a T4 mission with my not-so-meta gear, so I just would like to ask for your advise now guys, :D

My Main loadout (totally no idea whether I can make do anywhere close to 40mins in T4S):

Warframe: Hydroid/Excalibur/Frost Prime

Primary: Torid/Burston Prime/Drakgoon

Secondary: Tysis/AkStilletto/AkMagnus

Melee: Scoliac/Ankyros Prime/Jat Kittag

Any suggestions guys?

Edited by H3aN

Min-maxing is a way that some people enjoy the game.

Some people enjoy using whatever weapons they think are cool.

Some people, such as myself, are a mix. We like min-maxing, but we min-max our favorite weapons to make them almost as strong as the popular top-tier weapons.

It's all based on how people like to play the game. If you don't like how they comment on stuff, ignore them.

There are certainly weapons and warframes that I prefer over others, because of mechanics, but I really don't think any of them are crap. Though, I'd argue, some weapons are made to be stepping stones to more powerful weapons. The mk-1 series is an example.

Any game, any country. I understand I'd you think min-maxing is fun, but I really hate it when it gets to the point that the whole game had to be balanced around min-maxed loadouts instead of an average. Thankfully Warframe isn't plagued by the "get good" mindset.

Yes, Min-Maxers are quite annoying.

The reapers of numbers and enforcers of fun.

Fun is not their forte, it is their enemy and their weakness.

They will scour the entire solar system in search for these "fun", locked away in a chamber long forgotten in the ancient pages of history.

They know enjoyment; the very power that could destroy the very foundations of Min-Maxers across interplanetary space.

Ok.

On-Topic.

People will always be like this, it's human nature, don't try to understand it...just accept it :P

Also, there are very bad weapons...such a Glaxion, Skana and many others.

Glaxion is debatable as a "terrible" weapon. First of all, many people who I've seen who have had problems with it were judging it on its ability to kill things. Seeing as it's supposed to be a utility/support weapon, I'm not inclined to take their opinion for more than a grain of salt.

Well, what do you expect. 

I mean, we have all those God-Tier weapons and frames. If you dont use them, play solo.

What frame do you use? Not rhino prime or nova, you say? Please die.

Whats your primary? Not a Boltor Prime? Get out.

And your secondary? Not a Brakk or Marelok? Gtfo.

Your melee? HAH! Scrub, ninjas dont melee. Ever.

What I said above is the mindset of those who need to be slapped in the face.

Multiple times.

With a fish.

Well, what do you expect. 

I mean, we have all those God-Tier weapons and frames. If you dont use them, play solo.

What frame do you use? Not rhino prime or nova, you say? Please die.

Whats your primary? Not a Boltor Prime? Get out.

And your secondary? Not a Brakk or Marelok? Gtfo.

Your melee? HAH! Scrub, ninjas dont melee. Ever.

What I said above is the mindset of those who need to be slapped in the face.

Multiple times.

With a fish.

With my Hydroid Tencacle!!!!

I certainly don't appreciate people deriding others because they choose to use a weapon they enjoy rather than what the numbers say is "the best"... The information supplied by min-maxers can be useful. As long as it's relegated to pure data without the attitude to go with it.

Example, I love my aklex. I have about 4x as much time using those as anything else.

I'm rank 17 so i've used pretty much everything. I used (and sold) the brakk, detron etc. (although i still keep my despair, just for the set)

The Aklex can (by the numbers) be out-done by the marelok. However, the marelok is inaccurate at long-range. not much, but enough that you can have your cursor dead-on someone's head at the other end of the map and you'll miss... the aklex doesn't. so that's why i use it.

I can't stand the boltor prime. I have it, i keep it, i've even forma-ed it (once) but i really can't stand using it. The sound irritates me, the mechanics of it's projectiles is frustrating for me and it's ammo consumption is also a pain. I feel the same way about the soma (although i did sell that). Instead i use the latron series. (prime and wraith) i also love my flux rifle. (even when it was considered crap, post damage 2.0, pre buff)

unless you're going into the realm of 40+ minutes on t4 survival (and those types of missions) the "god tier" weaponry isn't necessary. I honestly rarely do as I don't wish to spend that much time at my computer in a single go without a break. 

The end of my diatribe here is that find what is fun for you, use it to the best of your ability and don't let min-max focused players get you down. And no, you're not alone in feeling that way.

what drives me cray cray is when people type stuff like (example) LF3M hosting t3 survival only 10 mastery + pls (example) 

are you serius 10 mastery + ?

mastery does not = skill lol wtf 
im above 10 but this is just stupid because i remember i was not any different at mastery 7 / 8 / 9 +

mastery is useless, yep 

Most of those players don't really have the confidence to develop a personal play style, don't pay attention to them man, just use the weapons you like but be sure to mod them the best you can so you can show them you are as reliable with the weapons you choose as anyone using "the best weapons" i still hear people saying Oberon is bad even though i mainly play as Oberon (strength and efficiency focused) and i end up first or second in performance charts in most of the missions i participate in, it's true that some weapons are stronger than others but with have forma which allows for a bigger pool of playable weapons.

Min-maxing is a way that some people enjoy the game.

Some people enjoy using whatever weapons they think are cool.

Some people, such as myself, are a mix. We like min-maxing, but we min-max our favorite weapons to make them almost as strong as the popular top-tier weapons.

It's all based on how people like to play the game. If you don't like how they comment on stuff, ignore them.

I think I'm on the same stage with you, I love those weapons that I feel the most comfortable with, and I don't mind working on them on and on and on just to make them better, but sometimes it just feels so discouraging when someone pop up to you and tell you that the weapon you love is not even half effective as a wooden stick.... :(

Some people like to be overpowered as fk. This community caters to a variety of players, from Casuals to Hardcores. Expect to see min-maxers. I'm also a min-maxer, but I prefer to use less-appreciated weapons for end-game, such as Lanka and Dread. Though, you can never go wrong with Brakk or Dakra Prime. :)

Oh yeah, Crimson Dervish makes ANY Longsword good. Just saying.

Edited by Yazeth

Ok.

On-Topic.

People will always be like this, it's human nature, don't try to understand it...just accept it :P

Also, there are very bad weapons...such a Glaxion, Skana and many others.

Oh, my reason of saying I'm a Chinese is just being not so sure whether non-Chinese people do min-maxing in such an extreme degree (trust me, in the Chinese forum you can almost always see posts in the first page talking about how a weapon is crap and not worthy of using). I guess it's a culture thing?

Regards to Glaxion...I'm not a big fan of beam weapon, but I found it fun to use, freezing up enemies and smashing them up with my jet kitty......so much satisfaction. :D

it doesn't bother me.

there is no "best" single weapon for main/side/melee

there is a best for a specific mission type. Don't let those posts/words get to you

I disagree that there is no best weapon for each catagory. Higest DPS = best weapon. General weapons that can be modded to consistantly destroy each faction are better then others and can be considered the best. (see boltor, brakk, dragon nikata as some examples of "high tier" weapons). However, I agree with the OP that you should be able to play whatever you want because this is a game and they are ment to be enjoyed not stressed over.

what drives me cray cray is when people type stuff like (example) LF3M hosting t3 survival only 10 mastery + pls (example) 

are you serius 10 mastery + ?

mastery does not = skill lol wtf 

im above 10 but this is just stupid because i remember i was not any different at mastery 7 / 8 / 9 +

mastery is useless, yep 

and what's even more ironic is the fact that most of the prime gears do not have a huge mastery rank limit and people can get them from trading. Even gears can't represent your skill level now

Min-maxing is the only way to rate them.  That doesn't mean you can't goof off with crappy frames and gear.  Just don't expect to be allowed to use them in serious games like endless T4 missions.

"allowed" seriously?

i regularly take my "underpowered" aklex with 5 forma, a dakra prime (non forma) and my loki prime. (no primary weapon) into t4 survival and defense and easily handle them until i get tired of playing and have to go do something else. (i'm an adult, responsibilities and all that, i don't get to spend more than about an hour at a time without being interrupted)

min-maxing isn't the only way to rate them either. as my example with the marelok was trying to highlight. some players are very effective with weapons i couldn't solo a t3 exterminate with even if i tried. some people just don't manage certain weapons well. others will do things with them that you'd never think was possible. that's where skill and "feel" come into play.

but thanks for highlighting exactly the type of attitude the OP was concerned about. having an example is always useful.