Warframe Genders

weak_man_small_hands

DE has stated that we may get male/female counterparts to other frames that share the same theme of abilities.

Like a male ember but with different form of abilities.

And just for future reference: I'm against the idea of just having a gender switcher. 

Edited by TheErebus

De has said no to anything Like a gender switcher button or skin.

But they have said they might do gender alternate frames that follow the same theme but have different abilities. Ex: A male Ember would be Blaze. He would have 4 different abilities and be able to use Embers abilities and vice versa.

De has said no to anything Like a gender switcher button or skin.

But they have said they might do gender alternate frames that follow the same theme but have different abilities. Ex: A male Ember would be Blaze. He would have 4 different abilities and be able to use Embers abilities and vice versa.

DE has never (to the best of my knowledge) said that alternate frames would be able to have interchangeable abilities. That would just make them reskins. 

DE has never (to the best of my knowledge) said that alternate frames would be able to have interchangeable abilities. That would just make them reskins. 

Im pretty sure they said that when they first talked about this idea on a livestream. I could be wrong but I think it was mentioned as a possibility.

If I remember correctly, Minky (lead designer) said no. And when he says no to something design-related, it doesn't change.

There were plenty of threads complaining about Nova's super long neck, or Vauban's clown shoes, and others, and yet there they are. It was designed male/female, it stays like that.

I also wouldn't like gender changes, it gives something unique to each frame.

DE has stated that there will never be an option to switch the gender of a warframe (No female Volts or male Saryns) but may be willing to, Like Erebus said, entertain the idea of similar themed warframes being opposite genders.

They didn't say "never"...

the last official statement on it is they "have no plans to"..

If I remember correctly, Minky (lead designer) said no. And when he says no to something design-related, it doesn't change.

There were plenty of threads complaining about Nova's super long neck, or Vauban's clown shoes, and others, and yet there they are. It was designed male/female, it stays like that.

I also wouldn't like gender changes, it gives something unique to each frame.

Not exactly. According to a very early devstream: Mynki was originally designing the frames to have swappable gender.

The decision to not have that came from someone else.

It is true that Mynki has made several statements about not changing certain aspects of the warframes that people have asked to have changed...

but the gender issue is unrelated.

No thanks to the gender switches.

Nothing specifies that the Tenno wearing the 'Frame have that specific gender. I've theorized before and I did have evidence to backup my claim ( too tired to remember now, fml ) that the 'Frames morph into other 'Frames in order to choose what they want to be for said mission. Could explain why the Excalibur in the Salad video has nothing inside.

DE seems to be against the idea of having both genders being available for each frame. My theory as to why they wouldn't is all the time and resources it would take to double their count of frames with half literally being re-skinned versions of the ones they've painstakingly made.

They have, however, said that they might consider making an alt gender of a frame with the same theme (i.e. A male Nyx who's abilities are focused on mind control) but still having different abilities.

And just as a side-note, the community will hate you for no reason whatsoever just for bringing up this topic. People are weird like that.

The community seems to suck.

The community has low tolerance for repeat threads that they feel have been resolved.  There are a lot of Warframe gender threads out there.

I like the idea of alt 'frames for different genders, but I know it's a lot of work for DE to do right now.  I can see that being done in a year or do when they begin to run out of content and need Mastery Rank fodder.