Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith - Heavy Calibur Or No?

Yazeth

Question

I was wondering which is better. I think that Latron Wraith is better w/ HC and going for body shots since you will be able to exploit that fire rate, but that's just speculation. What do you guys think? Take off HC and aim for heads, or put it on and just try to land shots?

13 answers to this question

I probably agree, but I guess it's a matter of skill versus time you take to line up each headshot. If you're skilled enough to line up quick headshots and take advantage of the Latron Wraith's fire rate, then I might suggest not using Heavy Caliber so that you can land headshots more effectively. However, I find it difficult to take advantage of the Latron Wraith's fire rate and get appropriate headshots-- I feel like most players have that same problem, really.

Then again, the Latron line has always been about headshots for me. If I'm not getting enough, it has more to do with my aiming skills than how it's modded. Headshots put it above many other weapons of a similar class, like the Boltor Prime, which has enough difficulty with its projectile travel time to land headshots accurately.

So, I still don't use HC on the Latron Wraith. It depends on your playstyle, though.

If you are a Marksman, do not use HC, the Latron Wraith has an incredible Fire Rate and 1/4 Crit Chance so take the headshots as your primary goal for quick and efficient kills.

If you like close quarters, since the Latron Wraith is a Hit-Scan weapon, aim for body shots and excel at HC.(Max it out if you want but it is not recommended). Do not attempt headshots, the hitbox will be off and out will waste ammo.

That is my response ^

HC will only bring ~30% more dmg per shot than other mods but you nearly completely loose the option of marksmen kills at any real distance.  If HC even causes you to miss body shots, all of sudden that extra 30% more dmg doesn't look so great.

I'd aim for the chest most the time unless you see a heavy unit. Often heavy units don't scramble around so much making the hs far more viable. WF seems to be all about taking out those high priority dmg sponge targets. If memory serves, on average the hs multiplier for LW is 325%. So what's better against those heavy targets, 130% chest shots that still may miss or 325% head shots that aren't terribly difficult to land.

(edit: added 100% to 30% in the final argument-its more accurate comparison if one just looks at the numbers and not realizes where they came from.)

Edited by Quizel

Latron Wraith is a crit weapon, if you don't aim for headshots, you lose the benefit of 4x headshot multipliers on crits.

With Heavy Caliber, it's hard to hit both bullets with Split Chamber on the head.

I wouldn't use it on Latron Prime and even less on the Wraith.