The Stalker Sint Really,,,,, Well.... Scary....

Aroran_Svitskna

just my opinion, but heres my idea for Stalker

1. ur HUD will make a funny noise, then a hissing sound as it fizzles out, (no HUD)

2. ur start seeing flashes of Stalker/Old War/boss u killed

3. ur screen will go black, then the Stalker will appear saying: A. I Am Your Reckoning     B. You Cannot Escape Punishment For What You Have Done!    C. You.... Are..... (he appears)

4. your screen will fizzle back to life, sorta, with black flashes of Old War/boss u killed, during this time ur screen is fizzling out, trying to stay up, as ur Warframe loses power and abiities

5. battle commences, screen still fizzling

6. END 1: Stalker dead, screen slowly fizzles back to life, as stalker plays his usual death sequence

END 2: beaten by Stalker: screen goes black, Stalker kneeling, " He is no more...." or " (insert name here) is dead, he will NOT bother us anymore"

NOTE: ONCE DEAD U CAN NOT REVIVE

POSSIBILITES:

ur Warframe/weapons lose lvls ect.

again just my opinion, making Stalker a bit more scary i guess

Edited by Aroran_Svitskna

Stalker right now is hard to kill unless u have top-tier weapons or by luck, ive noticed that he seems to have gotten a buff

So then why add one the "No revive option" when you die. That would cause new players and old to get really annoyed if they are going really far into a mission and then they die because of an insta-kill.

Ye this will be scary the first time you fight it after that it will proceed to never scare you again. This would be a lot of work to give some vets a scare one time.

would make the battle harder for them right?

since ur screen is fizzling and stuff lol

cause this would make hunting him harder, since he drops his weapons and stuff lol

So then why add one the "No revive option" when you die. That would cause new players and old to get really annoyed if they are going really far into a mission and then they die because of an insta-kill.

then that case give em a time limit, since if u look at Stalker, he will say "(insert name here) is no more" when we could just revive... it makes no sence

then that case give em a time limit, since if u look at Stalker, he will say "(insert name here) is no more" when we could just revive... it makes no sence

To him, we die. We come back sure but this is for gameplay purposes.

You have to be fair with your ideas when it comes to improving the difficulty. 

Like how about instead of no revives, instead the target (you) won't be able to use your abilities for a short amount of time (like 10 or 15 minutes) but only on the frame that you had been killed as.

To him, we die. We come back sure but this is for gameplay purposes.

You have to be fair with your ideas when it comes to improving the difficulty. 

Like how about instead of no revives, instead the target (you) won't be able to use your abilities for a short amount of time (like 10 or 15 minutes) but only on the frame that you had been killed as.

i would say the same, and for who knows how ling, i was thinking: what if when Stalker kills u, the frame u have on dies, literally, as in its gone forever, and u have to get it again and restart

i would say the same, and for who knows how ling, i was thinking: what if when Stalker kills u, the frame u have on dies, literally, as in its gone forever, and u have to get it again and restart

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

That is downright absurd and would cause rage all in the games and forums.

and then your comp freezes for a second, the game glitches, or any other event that is out of your control, and you lose a 5 foma'd frame for ever, more likely your main characater. and even if non of this random events happen, i'd become the stalker my self and hunt you down for even suggesting this, if i was to lose my forma'd gear. my NO to this is so big i just can't express it.

Edited by locojuan

The Stalker has gone through many changes ever since his inception, and what we've found is that a Stalker that is a pushover is boring, and a Stalker that is a powerhouse is just frustrating. In short, buffing/nerfing him has very little effect on his wow/scare factor. 

There are a couple gameplay obstacles that prevent elements such as the Stalker from being terrifying and replayable at the same time. 

The first is that Warframe's gameplay scope is not a very suitable vessel to harbour fear. The most important of all these elements in my opinion is the element of isolation. The Stalker is scary when it's just you and him, alone, with no other outlet of focus. But mix in some teammates with god-tier equipment hammering away at him before he even stands up - and that fear factor kinda washes out, no?

As an example - to make him even just decently terrifying, you'd have to actively or preemptively separate players from their teams - which is neither practical nor fun.

The second being that almost all fear elements in 99% of games naturally diminish the more you play. Warframe is a game where you will play the same or similar content hundreds of times over along your journey, therefore mitigating any sort of surprise factor that might have once existed per your experience.

As a player nearly 1000 hours in, I can honestly say that it would take a massive set of changes for me to feel even remotely threatened by the Stalker. I've fought him at least 100 times as a low estimate, and something you've killed hundreds of times just isn't going to scare you no matter how scary you make it. It's like the fear of driving a car for the first time - you might start out terrified, but do it enough and it become second nature - it becomes something normal. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

The Stalker has gone through many changes ever since his inception, and what we've found is that a Stalker that is a pushover is boring, and a Stalker that is a powerhouse is just frustrating. In short, buffing/nerfing him has very little effect on his wow/scare factor. 

There are a couple gameplay obstacles that prevent elements such as the Stalker from being terrifying and replayable at the same time. 

The first is that Warframe's gameplay scope is not a very suitable vessel to harbour fear. The most important of all these elements in my opinion is the element of isolation. The Stalker is scary when it's just you and him, alone, with no other outlet of focus. But mix in some teammates with god-tier equipment hammering away at him before he even stands up - and that fear factor kinda washes out, no?

As an example - to make him even just decently terrifying, you'd have to actively or preemptively separate players from their teams - which is neither practical nor fun.

The second being that almost all fear elements in 99% of games naturally diminish the more you play. Warframe is a game where you will play the same or similar content hundreds of times over along your journey, therefore mitigating any sort of surprise factor that might have once existed per your experience.

As a player nearly 1000 hours in, I can honestly say that it would take a massive set of changes for me to feel even remotely threatened by the Stalker. I've fought him at least 100 times as a low estimate, and something you've killed hundreds of times just isn't going to scare you no matter how scary you make it. It's like the fear of driving a car for the first time - you might start out terrified, but do it enough and it become second nature - it becomes something normal. 

but WHAT IF this was to happen, and DE put this in, along with several more, meaning that everytime he spawns in, something different appears

EDIT: and wouldnt it help if the player that is targeted is literally PULLED OUT OF THAT SESSION and placed into a mini level like the Zanukai Hunter, and as your fighting, (ur screen still freaking out), u have to try and kill Stalker, in some room filled with images of the boss you killed, and the boss himself, dead obviously, just sitting there, staring. if beat, then ur returned to ur normal session, if not, and u die, u are booted out of the session

Edited by Aroran_Svitskna

more or less, but with the fizzling and ur screen bugging out, that would make it harder on god-tier players

Not really. What you would get is a bunch of people ignoring their UI when the stalker shows up and blowing him away with their boltor primes as they usually do, and a bunch of other people posting complaints about how the UI spasms gave them headaches.

Not really. What you would get is a bunch of people ignoring their UI when the stalker shows up and blowing him away with their boltor primes as they usually do, and a bunch of other people posting complaints about how the UI spasms gave them headaches.

lol, not really spasms, but more like the Stalker is almost blotched out, like ur UI cant track him, and hese nearly invisible, and ur HUD is glitching out, like u cant see health/sheilds, map, ect.

but WHAT IF this was to happen, and DE put this in, along with several more, meaning that everytime he spawns in, something different appears

EDIT: and wouldnt it help if the player that is targeted is literally PULLED OUT OF THAT SESSION and placed into a mini level like the Zanukai Hunter, and as your fighting, (ur screen still freaking out), u have to try and kill Stalker, in some room filled with images of the boss you killed, and the boss himself, dead obviously, just sitting there, staring. if beat, then ur returned to ur normal session, if not, and u die, u are booted out of the session

You've been watching too much Dexter.

Not really anything DE can do about making the Stalker scarier.  Like DJ already said, the fear decreases with every encounter.

I do like the idea of getting pulled into a different mini map though.  Or maybe some kind of energy dome that locks your team out?  Two enter, one leaves... 

tina-turner-thunderdome.jpg

Edited by Noamuth

even with my over 600 hours i still panic like hell when g3, harvester or stalker comes cuz they are just so freaky.

back to original post. i would actually like those new flash back ideas to add that small fear factor feeling at random times when you encounter him with low gear....all alone....in dark depts of void...

but seriously +1 for great idea ^_^