General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Kubrow Scavenge Mod Broken?

Im_a_Turtle

The kubrow scavenge mod is the mod that allows a kubrow to open lockers. Apparently it doesn't work 90% of the time even when its maxed out at 90% locker unlock chance. Am i doing something wrong? I've been dancing around these blasted lockers for hours and only once did  the kubrow respond (on another small set of lockers in Carpo-Jupiter).

I did not have the Master thief mod installed on my warframe at the time.

Another question, does the Master thief mod affect the kubrow scavenger mod?

Another problem is that if the kubrow scavenge mod were to work, wouldn't that make the Master Thief mod absolutely obsolete? 90% locker opening chance + drains only 5 capacity on the kubrow vs the Master thief's 40% chance + drains 13 capacity on the warframe.

Not really well thought out, I must say.

My proposal is that the Master thief gets either an unlocking chance buff or it gets an added mechanic of either affecting the amount of credits/ resource loot you can get out of lootable containers/lockers or it gives a chance to find mods in containers/lockers.

I don't see any harm in promoting map looting as almost nobody except for a handful of players actually do it. Hell, alot of players aren't aware of the secret rooms that are on the majority of the maps they repeatedly play.

Would be nice if the kubrow scavenge mod was fixed too.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

The kubrow scavenge mod is the mod that allows a kubrow to open lockers. Apparently it doesn't work 90% of the time even when its maxed out at 90% locker unlock chance. Am i doing something wrong? I've been dancing around these blasted lockers for hours and only once did  the kubrow respond (on another small set of lockers in Carpo-Jupiter).

Another problem is that if the kubrow scavenge mod were to work, wouldn't that make the Master Thief mod absolutely obsolete? 90% locker opening chance + drains only 5 capacity on the kubrow vs the Master thief's 40% chance + drains 13 capacity on the warframe.

My proposal is that the Master thief gets either an unlocking chance buff or it gets an added mechanic of either affecting the amount of credits/ resource loot you can get out of lootable containers/lockers or it gives a chance to find mods in containers/lockers.

I don't see any harm in promoting map looting as almost nobody except for a handful of players actually do it. Hell, alot of players aren't aware of the secret rooms that are on the majority of the maps they repeatedly play.

Works all the time for me.

It works for my Sunika, but I need to stand completely still near a locker for him to go attempt an unlock. If I move a little he doesn't like to unlock stuff. :(

And yeah it's a bit off with % chance and MP usage, but I guess the trade-off is that with master thief we can quickly attempt unlocks on all of those lockers, meanwhile it takes my Kubrow - literally - a whole minute to unlock 3 or 4 lockers.

Edited by LeoAtKnight

It's a skill that is in the wrong video game.

There is nothing in a locked locker worth standing around for god knows how long for it to open. Nothing.

Normally works fairly fast for me. Also, that locked locker could be the one with the argon or neurode you needed in it.

Scavenge has its uses.

It's a skill that is in the wrong video game.

There is nothing in a locked locker worth standing around for god knows how long for it to open. Nothing.

You're right about it not being worth it. I just wished that looting and stealth were more rewarding in this game.

There are too many prerequisites AND the Kubrow's natural movement AI. 

You can't have any enemies within 2 tiles. 

The locker can't have re-rolled already (Master Thief)

and the Kubrow needs to basically touch the locker. What you should do, to make sure it can or can't do such, is touch all sides you can get to and climb on top of it.

It also must be near top priority. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Do you have it in one of the precept slots?  Their priority mod set up is just like a Sentinel.

Its on the top left corner precept.

There are too many prerequisites AND the Kubrow's natural movement AI. 

You can't have any enemies within 2 tiles. 

The locker can't have re-rolled already (Master Thief)

and the Kubrow needs to basically touch the locker. What you should do, to make sure it can or can't do such, is touch all sides you can get to and climb on top of it.

It also must be near top priority. 

Looks like the devs have a small hotfix on their hands. Couldn't they just give a point and click command for the kubrow? Like a simple "Hold (x) button to command kubrow" Point your crosshair at an enemy to attack, locker to unlock, blah.