Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ordis.....the New Jar Jar Binks

(PSN)dephylumator

I dont see the problem here. I like ordins talking  once a while. Ordis does not talk frequent enough to become a burdon. If you want it off, you can turn off the "voice" of things. That is included ordis, Lotus, and pretty much any other saying. 

The voice itself isn't the main issue though.  When he talks, his little profile box will block things like mod descriptions.

An option to turn ordis off would be nice.

Actually I'd really like an option to mute all Liset sounds. Sure they are immersive, but I don't want to hear them when I have alt tabbed to watch a cat video.

DE pls, option to mute all Liset noises.

The voice itself isn't the main issue though.  When he talks, his little profile box will block things like mod descriptions.

haha, thats quite the personal problem. That it seem not to affect the game or community on behaf of the little time he might be doing so. Improvements can become. What would you do different? Opposing what "it" is like today. 

An option to turn ordis off would be nice.

Actually I'd really like an option to mute all Liset sounds. Sure they are immersive, but I don't want to hear them when I have alt tabbed to watch a cat video.

DE pls, option to mute all Liset noises.

VV5Sa10.png

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

haha, thats quite the personal problem. That it seem not to affect the game or community on behaf of the little time he might be doing so. Improvements can become. What would you do different? Opposing what "it" is like today. 

VV5Sa10.png

The problem with that is I have to unmute it later on.

Before u14 I could sit in the star chart and alt tab with all the cat videos I could watch.

Plus the constant sounds get irritating normally as well. I can mute them in game, but then after leaving chat for a mission I have to reenable them all again.

I will use your solution, but I still want the ability to just mute/turn down all Liset sounds.

People are really going out of their way to find something they can hate.

He says something every 4-5 minutes...so what? Variety will improve over time...and it's not like he has a horrible voice or anything....like sheeesh...calm down.

Yeah, and probably around that time I'm in the void for 30 mins or so.

Edited by JaysInc

My issue is that DE tried to make a charming, quirky character and failed flat because they gave him very few lines, an annoying as hell voice, and had him be a required part of the game.

I'm sorry guys, I have to go with Darvo on this one:

"wow, you may want to get a new ship cephalon when you can afford it. Haha, that one seems glitched."

-Darvo

DE pls give purchasable cephelons ill pay anything i swear.

It's obvious he was modeled after Wheatley from Portal 2.

SO FANNEH AND SILLEH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

-snip-

His voice isn't an issue for me, I usually have Pandora  going in the background, and his little profile box doesn't bug me either.  I've learned to either scroll til I can read the mod description again or just wait for him to bugger off.

As far as a fix, make his box show up behind the mod interface, like it does when you're checking email.  

The ordis chat is actually a nice concept.

Would actually be useful if there is a ordis console mode in which some of us can do queries without going through the thick layers of UI (like the Codex).

Some useful stuff can be:

- mod query

- summary of the mod, abilities, how many you own and where/what drops it.

- list details of alerts or invasions in text form (in chat)

- jump directly to a planet or mission in navigation using console command. Or make previous list have interactive words that has context menu command to bring you there.

- would be nice to have a command to jump back to last mission in navigation (esp for infestation/invasion that requires repeated runs)

- manage extractors without using the cumber some GUI?

- one short command to jump to arsenal right away, instead of "escape" > "click equipment" > "click arsenal"

- basically a console mode to everything that we do through the escape menu now! :)

The problem with that is I have to unmute it later on.

Before u14 I could sit in the star chart and alt tab with all the cat videos I could watch.

Plus the constant sounds get irritating normally as well. I can mute them in game, but then after leaving chat for a mission I have to reenable them all again.

I will use your solution, but I still want the ability to just mute/turn down all Liset sounds.

That is quite true what you are saying, I just found a temporary solution to the current problem. It was indeed nice before, hearing the sounds of the outer space, drifting out towards the west while being able to "hear" what else you were listening to. More options we are always keen on. If they priorotize that now or later, thats the question. You know, coding and stuff hehe. 

As the soundteam is working on some neat sound changes, I figure there will be a option for that later on. This request has been one, that is one of those they might just have to add. Like a few other things the community has requested in the past.