Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Frequent Balance Patches

Netheroc

Seriously. This habit of making weapon and warframe balance changes in rarity equal to major events is not the way to go. We need balance changes atleast every 2 weeks. Glaxion needs changes, for example, and i dont want to wait another 2-3 months for the next "balance event".

They always patch certain things in the game like weapons and frames almost every week on weds (today, actually)

If theres so many people complaining in the forums about the same weapon/warframe, they fix it, because pressure. But they themselves dont look at older weapons and frames and decide they could use a makeover/buff/tweak/change. I very rarely see them do changes on the usual wednesday update.

If theres so many people complaining in the forums about the same weapon/warframe, they fix it, because pressure. But they themselves dont look at older weapons and frames and decide they could use a makeover/buff/tweak/change. I very rarely see them do changes on the usual wednesday update.

Probably because not many weapons are in such a serious need of a buff.

Most are ok where they are, some do need buffs but again it isn't something that they always gotta fix every 2 weeks.

Like the glaxion has just came out like 5 days ago, so it isn't gonna be like a weapon that won't be buffed/nerfed for eons to come.

Edited by TheErebus

Exactly this. It took them, what, a year to finally buff the worst weapon there is. This cant continue.

Ok, go apply with DE and help them get a move on.

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings

They are a small studio and they are trying to crank out new content weekly, while fixing problems at the same time.  This isn't the only game they  have, either. 

Seriously. This habit of making weapon and warframe balance changes in rarity equal to major events is not the way to go. We need balance changes atleast every 2 weeks. Glaxion needs changes, for example, and i dont want to wait another 2-3 months for the next "balance event".

you know, "balance" in this game is named also as "skills" and "polarisation" and creating a concious balance by becoming one with them and how to use them ... my 2 cents for ... XD

ps: i see or feel the word "skills" basicly as a result from expirience ... there i have a lot to do in all directions in my life ,-)

Edited by 7ENN0

Ok, go apply with DE and help them get a move on.

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings

They are a small studio and they are trying to crank out new content weekly, while fixing problems at the same time.  This isn't the only game they  have, either. 

Better take your time to make something right than building up a pile of work you gotta look at later on. I would trade a tenno reinforcement for a balance patch.

Better take your time to make something right than building up a pile of work you gotta look at later on. I would trade a tenno reinforcement for a balance patch.

tumblr_me8a2aMIH11qe0fdu.png

You know, sometimes, I wonder if the set (Member of the content addition team ∩ Member of the balance team) exists. 

If so, then we could shift all the members in that set to the content addition team (if we need more content), or shift them all to the balance team (if we need more balance patches). 

You know, sometimes, I wonder if the set (Member of the content addition team ∩ Member of the balance team) exists. 

If so, then we could shift all the members in that set to the content addition team (if we need more content), or shift them all to the balance team (if we need more balance patches). 

What does that arch mean again?

I just started math again today (a math test..)

One of the problems I think is that DE Scott is the person in charge of the balance of most of these things. However he also has to do a lot of development work at the same time. 

Looking at the amount of weapons, warframes, abilities and companions now in the game there is a lot of content to be balanced. 

It would be good if someone at DE was in charge of regular balance passes as main part of the job. Seeing as we are Beta they should not be afraid to be trying out changes with players over a one or two week period to test stuff. 

Instead we have to sit months to years waiting for some of the smallest changes to some items. 

Basically more balance passes/ item lookins would be a great thing. 

Power creep.  

As new things are released they generally need to look better or perform better. This helps maintain sales and have people constantly spending money. 

This unfortunately makes older stuff less appealing and seem underpowered. Every so often  these things need addressing.

on rare occasions items will be released in a lower state in order to give the illusion of no power creep. Shortly after these things get buffs. 

It is unfortunately the same in almost every game with some sort of micro transaction store.

Couldn't agree more with OP. DE really should spend 2 hours in a week for reading weapon feedback and adjusting numbers a bit with every wednesday update. I can understand, that major warframe abilities reworks are done rarely, but changing weapon stats shouldn't take too much time, really. Especially if they focus on only 2-3 weapons in a week.

This way perfect balance would be as far away as it is now. And also if weapon balance was alwyas in action, failed reworks wouldn't turn itno something eternal. Yeah, I'm talking about recent sniper buff — it hasn't solved the most important issues and since sniper rifles got a buff, I'm sure next rework will be somewhere around U20.

Then we should all hope to see the Braton Prime get some improvements soon - you can't swing a cat on the forums without bumping into a thread about how it should be buffed. And I'd be inclined to agree, or at least re-balance the contrast (stats-wise) between prime and regular weapon counterparts.

Edited by Dualice

tumblr_me8a2aMIH11qe0fdu.png

Because past 1 and a half year shown they cant handle both.

Edited by Davoodoo

And when they do, they balance things that weren't a priority according to the community (beta testers), like reworking a frame that wasn't the best but decent in the worst case (Oby) in place of other ones in a more critical state (the "necromancer").

Power creep.  

As new things are released they generally need to look better or perform better. This helps maintain sales and have people constantly spending money. 

This unfortunately makes older stuff less appealing and seem underpowered. Every so often  these things need addressing.

on rare occasions items will be released in a lower state in order to give the illusion of no power creep. Shortly after these things get buffs. 

It is unfortunately the same in almost every game with some sort of micro transaction store.

It's also about cleaning up the fallout of damage 2.0.