Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Frequent Balance Patches

Netheroc

The balance in the game is not... great.

But I really want to address all the people complaining about "under-powered" weapons.

All frames should be able to, in some way, contribute compettively at the highest levels. But weapons have general level ranges where they are OP/good/under-powered. The ones that can take on the highest level content are the ones that can. Not all new weapons will be a new "endgame equalizer". Just play at reasonable levels with weaker weapons. The gameplay and most of the drops are almost the same if you balance your gear to the content you are playing.

If only one form of gameplay interests you, you can't expect that you won't be limited by... being limited.

The balance in the game is not... great.

But I really want to address all the people complaining about "under-powered" weapons.

All frames should be able to, in some way, contribute compettively at the highest levels. But weapons have general level ranges where they are OP/good/under-powered. The ones that can take on the highest level content are the ones that can. Not all new weapons will be a new "endgame equalizer". Just play at reasonable levels with weaker weapons. The gameplay and most of the drops are almost the same if you balance your gear to the content you are playing.

If only one form of gameplay interests you, you can't expect that you won't be limited by... being limited.

I would maybe accept that there are weapons which are early/mid/lategame.

But mk1 kunai with braton shouldnt be lategame weapon and they perform fine enough to carry me through 40-50 minutes of t4 surv, latron prime i already find excessive being able to oneshot lancers and even heavy gunners when it crits, paris prime oneshots enemies past these 50 minutes just fine, 70k red crits, could oneshot anything pre u14.

So how can we talk about weapons being designed for specific area when even starter weapons do just fine against what is considered by de highest lvls which game is balanced around.

yet people complaint about launcher nerf, about nyx nerf, even they completely deserve the nerfs. 

Nyx nerf... maybe they increased power cost slightly but power cost is so meaningless that i dont see any difference in practice.

Only ppl that this nerf affected were those who used absorb as snow globe.

Which is btw reason why was it nerfed.

Edited by Davoodoo

I agree with the OP.  My mantra with this game has been to stop adding in new weapons, warframes, and primes.  Balance what you have first please.  Ive noticed a bit more balance with the launcher "nerfs" and the Oberon buffs(thank god for these).  But there are other guns and warframes that could use attention, like Saryn, Excal, etc.

It would be great if they were to take one major update cycle to take a serious look at how all the elements they've added in are now interacting. Spend that time focusing on balance and play-testing and lore, and give the artists and animators a chance to go back and polish up some of the older stuff.

That way, they'd have a solid base to start adding new stuff to again, instead of what's beginning to look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, really pretty on the surface but no foundation.

Of course, this wouldn't be considered good business practice, so I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Edited by Xenoraptor

I would maybe accept that there are weapons which are early/mid/lategame.

But mk1 kunai with braton shouldnt be lategame weapon and they perform fine enough to carry me through 40-50 minutes of t4 surv, latron prime i already find excessive being able to oneshot lancers and even heavy gunners when it crits, paris prime oneshots enemies past these 50 minutes just fine, 70k red crits, could oneshot anything pre u14.

So how can we talk about weapons being designed for specific area when even starter weapons do just fine against what is considered by de highest lvls which game is balanced around.

Some weapons are weak and some are OP. I did concede that balance isn't great.

But keep in mind that Rank 10 mods and Corrupted mods are considered endgame gear regardless of what they are equipped on.

Nyx nerf... maybe they increased power cost slightly but power cost is so meaningless that i dont see any difference in practice.

Only ppl that this nerf affected were those who used absorb as snow globe.

Which is btw reason why was it nerfed.

So, if people sitting at the cryo pod using it as a faux snow globe was the issue, why not just nerf the radius (of the bubble) instead of wrecking it like they did?

It did a lot of damage, but only when you and your team built it up that high. It's not as if you just put blind rage and focus on it and got 50k damage by pressing one button (on top of that enemy health/armor scales up so crazy it stops killing anyway, even when you load lots of damage into it).. It was one of the few abilities in the game that benefited from team work, for this game to masquerade as a "co op action shooter"..... there really aren't too many of those.

90% of the time i'm only using it for a split second, so the nerf won't affect me much when the patch hits. Still think they went about it completely the wrong way though.

Personally I think the reason they nerfed it is they believe it did "too much" damage (unless i missed a dev's post on the matter somewhere), but because of the mechanics of it i don't think that's true.

So, if people sitting at the cryo pod using it as a faux snow globe was the issue, why not just nerf the radius (of the bubble) instead of wrecking it like they did?

It did a lot of damage, but only when you and your team built it up that high. It's not as if you just put blind rage and focus on it and got 50k damage by pressing one button (on top of that enemy health/armor scales up so crazy it stops killing anyway, even when you load lots of damage into it).. It was one of the few abilities in the game that benefited from team work, for this game to masquerade as a "co op action shooter"..... there really aren't too many of those.

90% of the time i'm only using it for a split second, so the nerf won't affect me much when the patch hits. Still think they went about it completely the wrong way though.

Personally I think the reason they nerfed it is they believe it did "too much" damage (unless i missed a dev's post on the matter somewhere), but because of the mechanics of it i don't think that's true.

Radius nerf would lower if effectiveness in all fields and radius small enough to prevent such abuse would mean that nyx bubble wouldnt cover even her sentinel without overextended.

I still find it good at killing, but when enemies scale to the point where you shouldnt stand a chance. you shouldnt stance a chance no matter what you use, that nerf fixed that problem too.

What you find as problem is that you cant use it to easily dispatch enemies which scaled beyond possibility of killing them without abusing flawed mechanics, problem for me exists however in fact that you could and still can.

Radius nerf would lower if effectiveness in all fields and radius small enough to prevent such abuse would mean that nyx bubble wouldnt cover even her sentinel without overextended.

I still find it good at killing, but when enemies scale to the point where you shouldnt stand a chance. you shouldnt stance a chance no matter what you use, that nerf fixed that problem too.

What you find as problem is that you cant use it to easily dispatch enemies which scaled beyond possibility of killing them without abusing flawed mechanics, problem for me exists however in fact that you could and still can.

Yeah that's definitely true. If we could keep the bullet draw of the bubble but make things inside it take damage, i'd prefer it. But i'd take a bubble-less absorb if we could get it closer to what it used to be if it came to it. They could just make your sentinel invincible during it like they've done for bladestorm if players needed it.

It CAN still kill, but with all the heavy gunners that start showing up i don't find the time using it worth it.

I don't see that as a problem. As long as there's "endless" modes in the game, you should always stand a chance. If we were meant to hit a wall, then they should just put a level cap into place, not allowing you to stay past 40 waves/60 minutes (or wherever they decide the wall is) Absorb was perfect (or near perfect at least) because it could still do it's job well into a survival if you invested enough into it.

Edited by (PS4)Tego818