Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Rush

slykidd

This is one of those unbelievably vain posts that I wish I could slap the OP sides way with a Fraggor.

For heavens sake, man... Play SOLO then!!!

You're not being part of a team at all so there is no reason to play for the co-op experience that you say, is WF.

You sound like a self absorbed jerk (like all rushers who play Public matches). You're not helping any other player in your squad by rushing ahead... So just stop!

Yes, I rush too. But I have the respect for my fellow Tenno to do it on my own.

The self absorbed jerk part is what I plus one you for.

You know those occasional games where everyone's rushing and it becomes a race to see who can get the objectives first? Not to mention when you trip over an obstacle or your warframe starts rolling like a turd after falling 3 feet and you see someone rush ahead of you while you rage?

Fun times.

Edited by Fapgasmic

I generally adjust to the speed of the group, if they go fast, I go fast. If they go slow, I go slow. Might as well shoot things instead of standing at extraction until the rest catches up, it's why I play this game after all, to shoot things.

I totally agree with you on this one! 

It varies up the gameplay to, makes me experience more of the game too.

Same thing question would be Ok , with your post ? Was is necesary nop , also we don't have the reason to rush , I hope theire will be more of them

Also , I rush because I can , I'm at 900 hour + of games , and still I don't understand how rank 0 with mk1 , lato and skana join my mission in Pluto ,

I just dislike everything done agains't rusher ,why theire is no system against slower? I mean you are not at extract in time , no reward , theire no need

to always punish the best for what the worst can't do (Oh and one day , they will be at our level/rank/skill/whatever , they will do the same thing as us , and complain

I have so many hours put into this game, and I still don't rush because I have the decency to stick with my team. So your bs about one day they will do the same thing and complain about it is not entirely true.

Hahaha. "To punish the best for what the worst can't do". Hahaha. What you said there makes you sound really really dumb. Ooooooo. Takes a tremendous amount of skill to do it. You must be a pro. Get over yourself bub.

because i want that 4 player coop experience which warframe is renown for.Also it sounds like your they type that goes slowly cant i say the same to you? i guess i should ask you why do you play warframe? i know it wasnt the solo experience that attracted you.

ITS NOT A FOUR PLAYER EXPERIENCE IF YOUR ON YOUR OWN.

I thought it was relevant enough to use caps, just so you dont miss it.

You adjust to the team speed, if you cant be bothered then you are not in a team, you are running solo anyway. If you start the mission, and while in the cutscene you are thinking "i'm rushing no matter what" you are doing it wrong.

ITS NOT A FOUR PLAYER EXPERIENCE IF YOUR ON YOUR OWN.

I thought it was relevant enough to use caps, just so you dont miss it.

You adjust to the team speed, if you cant be bothered then you are not in a team, you are running solo anyway. If you start the mission, and while in the cutscene you are thinking "i'm rushing no matter what" you are doing it wrong.

It is still team play, even if there is one slow guy dragging the rest of the team down like a shackle on their legs.

Every now and then i see post that say why is everyone rushing? or i hate rushers or take out zoren-copter. but i dont think ive ever seen any posts that actually explain why there are rushers.

I personally rush through and and all missions that allow me to do so. Im the type of guy who bring his zoren copter (or fang copter) to a sabotage mission. I ignore all most enemies except the high level enemies (bombards, naplams ect...). At this point your probably &!$$ed at me. But the only reason I do this is because I have already done these types of mission a thousand times over. with over 700hrs in game you can imagine how stale these missions must get. can you explain to me why I should kill every single enemy every single time? A personal problem that I have with the forum posts against rushers is that most of them are not even meant to be on the planet that I am on yet. (just to clarify I play on pluto,void and wherever an alert for something i want is.) I think rushingis a vaild play method and the only people that complain are the people who havent got their zoren copters. also i ahte those dual doors :D

Edit: though i should add this in there.

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/VTHsOSGJHN0/hqdefault.jpg

That's cool and all but dont join other people's games, then.

Specially when it come to newer areas with newer players.

To point of being the point-man is that you make things easier for those behind you.  There are times when you have to double back like in standard rescue/deception missions so it's more beneficial to rush ahead and rescue the hostage/datamass the console then double back, meeting your slower teammates along the way then clearing out ahead of them.  If you don't clear the way, you're only making it harder for them to reach the exit, which further delays you from completing the mission.

Don't be a $&*^, make things easier for your teammates.

To point of being the point-man is that you make things easier for those behind you.  There are times when you have to double back like in standard rescue/deception missions so it's more beneficial to rush ahead and rescue the hostage/datamass the console then double back, meeting your slower teammates along the way then clearing out ahead of them.  If you don't clear the way, you're only making it harder for them to reach the exit, which further delays you from completing the mission.

Don't be a $&*^, make things easier for your teammates.

Considering that mobs will just respawn randomly this is a stupid reason. I've killed over 500 mobs on a map solo, what you are doing is enabling MORE spawns. Mobs will only spwan a tile or so away from people, you split the team, you start 2 sets of spawn circles. We checked this with maxed out Enemy mods, when we went hunting Oxium Ospreys.

If you sit on the exit, while the team is 5 tiles away, you will get mobs coming directly to you from the same tile and one tile away, and they get their own mobs from their tile and one tile away, up to the max of the map spawn limit.

Why do you think people in Survival missions always ask the team to stay on the same damn tile?

Considering that mobs will just respawn randomly this is a stupid reason. I've killed over 500 mobs on a map solo, what you are doing is enabling MORE spawns. Mobs will only spwan a tile or so away from people, you split the team, you start 2 sets of spawn circles. We checked this with maxed out Enemy mods, when we went hunting Oxium Ospreys.

If you sit on the exit, while the team is 5 tiles away, you will get mobs coming directly to you from the same tile and one tile away, and they get their own mobs from their tile and one tile away, up to the max of the map spawn limit.

Why do you think people in Survival missions always ask the team to stay on the same damn tile?

That's not accurate at all.  If rushing off on your own triggered more enemies to spawn all around you, that would be the central strategy for most survivals missions as more enemies = more farming + life support, until you reach the point where they can overwhelm you.  Except maybe on the hive tileset that have certain spawn points set to max flood on activate.  As long as your teammates are under 10-20 seconds behind you, the spawnpoints you clear won't reactivate.

Prany ^ beat me to it.

If you going to leave the group behind why not just switch from Public to Solo?

because i want that 4 player coop experience which warframe is renown 

co-op works better when you co-operate. Hard to do that if you're stood at extraction with your thumb up your arse while the rest of your squad is still fighting through the mobs you left in your wake.

You just want an audience to 'impress' with your skills otherwise you'd squad up with other rushers or run solo.

I'm going to assume the OP is trolling because much of what he said makes no practical sense, but if not, as someone said earlier the idea of coop is you all stick together to complete a task, if you truly wanted the coop experience as you've said then rushing would be counter to that supposed experience. I have over more than a 1000 hours playing and I do agree with you on the point that the missions do get stale but why ruin other peoples fun because your bored, that's just inconsiderate of the people you chose to team up with. If you do have that mentality then it's no wonder people dislike rushers. 

Every now and then i see post that say why is everyone rushing? or i hate rushers or take out zoren-copter. but i dont think ive ever seen any posts that actually explain why there are rushers.

I personally rush through and and all missions that allow me to do so. Im the type of guy who bring his zoren copter (or fang copter) to a sabotage mission. I ignore all most enemies except the high level enemies (bombards, naplams ect...). At this point your probably &!$$ed at me. But the only reason I do this is because I have already done these types of mission a thousand times over. with over 700hrs in game you can imagine how stale these missions must get. can you explain to me why I should kill every single enemy every single time? A personal problem that I have with the forum posts against rushers is that most of them are not even meant to be on the planet that I am on yet. (just to clarify I play on pluto,void and wherever an alert for something i want is.) I think rushingis a vaild play method and the only people that complain are the people who havent got their zoren copters. also i ahte those dual doors :D

Pfft. I hate rushers and I run Volt with max speed; and rushers are liability. That's why I hate rushers.

I've played this game; ran the same missions over and over like the next person. If I don't want to go through that or kill all the enemies I play solo. If you're capable of running ahead at no risk to the other party members play solo. I don't want you in my group.

co-op works better when you co-operate. Hard to do that if you're stood at extraction with your thumb up your arse while the rest of your squad is still fighting through the mobs you left in your wake.

You just want an audience to 'impress' with your skills otherwise you'd squad up with other rushers or run solo.

Rushing isn't a Co-Op experience until you hit the dual doors. I hardly see this as a valid excuse.

Edited by Lilliannette

I'm going to assume the OP is trolling because much of what he said makes no practical sense, but if not, as someone said earlier the idea of coop is you all stick together to complete a task, if you truly wanted the coop experience as you've said then rushing would be counter to that supposed experience. I have over more than a 1000 hours playing and I do agree with you on the point that the missions do get stale but why ruin other peoples fun because your bored, that's just inconsiderate of the people you chose to team up with. If you do have that mentality then it's no wonder people dislike rushers. 

I want to co-op, not babysit.  Keep up and carry your own weight and you will be treated as a valuable team member.  If not, you will be left behind as dead weight.

If they want to kill a bunch they should set up a custom party, solo, or play a mission built designed around killing everything.

Pfft. I hate rushers and I run Volt with max speed; and rushers are liability. That's why I hate rushers.

I've played this game; ran the same missions over and over like the next person. If I don't want to go through that or kill all the enemies I play solo. If you're capable of running ahead at no risk to the other party members play solo. I don't want you in my group.

It is not your group.  It is a public match.  If you want to dictate how others play then recruit your own party.

I want to co-op, not babysit.  Keep up and carry your own weight and you will be treated as a valuable team member.  If not, you will be left behind as dead weight.

If they want to kill a bunch they should set up a custom party, solo, or play a mission built designed around killing everything.

It is not your group.  It is a public match.  If you want to dictate how others play then recruit your own party.

That's exactly what I do when I host a void mission mate.

Whether I like it or not some think it's acceptable to do it there and all.

and if you want to ruin everyone elses experience in the game then form your own party. Rushers are a liability. I don't want a liability in my group.

I hardly dictate when another player joins my group; if they're doing something I don't like I leave. Unless of course that group is my friends and a pub joins. That's different.

That's exactly what I do when I host a void mission mate.

Whether I like it or not some think it's acceptable to do it there and all.

and if you want to ruin everyone elses experience in the game then form your own party. Rushers are a liability. I don't want a liability in my group.

I hardly dictate when another player joins my group; if they're doing something I don't like I leave. Unless of course that group is my friends and a pub joins. That's different.

You are well within your rights to dictate how people play on your keys.  Hell, I play differently on someone's key than I do on my own.

That said, my entire group of previous responses was talking about public matches.  In a public match, rushing is the default playstyle.

You are well within your rights to dictate how people play on your keys.  Hell, I play differently on someone's key than I do on my own.

That said, my entire group of previous responses was talking about public matches.  In a public match, rushing is the default playstyle.

If a majority of players in a public match are unhappy then I feel that it is a rusher should listen; if however the minority are unhappy then I'll be alright. If however I feel that the player is not suited for the specific place they are rushing in... A low level Volt on Pluto as an extreme example then I feel that they are a liability and I will make no attempt to revive them.

If I'm in a good mood I'll not usually leave a match to rushing... but if they go down and are rushing so far ahead of the group I'm not responsible for keeping them alive and will make absolutely no attempt to help them. Remember kids. Rush responsibly.

If a majority of players in a public match are unhappy then I feel that it is a rusher should listen; if however the minority are unhappy then I'll be alright. If however I feel that the player is not suited for the specific place they are rushing in... A low level Volt on Pluto as an extreme example then I feel that they are a liability and I will make no attempt to revive them.

If I'm in a good mood I'll not usually leave a match to rushing... but if they go down and are rushing so far ahead of the group I'm not responsible for keeping them alive and will make absolutely no attempt to help them. Remember kids. Rush responsibly.

I never said carry a rusher.  I have stood right over them then run off instead of rezing them. They were being a drag on the team so I didn't treat them like a teammate. But that was an extreme case, and they were doing more than just rushing.  That has nothing to do with rushing on it's own though.  And similarly, if you are lagging behind on purpose I am not going to cover for you.

I generally just read the group. It's a public game and I feel it's good to help when it's needed or pick up the pace when necessary. If the group is generally new and crawling along, then it doesn't ruin my day to slow down with them. Blowing up mobs is quite satisfying regardless if the level. If they're as experienced as I am and hustle, then I can pick it up with them. It's more important to read the group in my opinion. Rushing along to extraction and sitting there while lower level players plod along is duller than dirt and kills the idea of a public cooperative match. Just doing it to 'get the bonuses of a group' is a little self centered. Go solo, blaze through it, collect your reward, and move onto harder content for bonuses. Don't irritate/strand a group of three other players just for yourself.

My only gripe is people penta, strug, and so on kamikazeing themselves in narrow spaces. My only gripe. Who pulls out a middle launcher in what is essentially a closet?

"It is not your group. it is a public match. if you want to dictate how others play then recruit your own party" by your own statement you give yourself the perfect solution to not having to "babysit" or play with a team mate who is "not pulling his/her own weight" and getting that coop experience you want.

"It is not your group. it is a public match. if you want to dictate how others play then recruit your own party" by your own statement you give yourself the perfect solution to not having to "babysit" or play with a team mate who is "not pulling his/her own weight" and getting that coop experience you want.

By my own statement, I should go into public matches and rush. I am not trying to change how others play nor be carried by them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with rushing in principle, like as if it's a bad way to play the game or something.  It's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't want to bother with the small fry if you know the mission type inside out.

I think it's just that DE need to sort it so that newbies don't get teamed up with rushers, because it kind of spoils the early experience.  It did a bit for me.  Not that I can't cope with rushers, I just follow them and try to keep up basically.  But I had to do some solo stuff to compensate, to get some sense of the zones for myself, whereas it would have been nicer if I could have explored the zones with fellow newbies.

However, I have a feeling it would go against DE's design philosophy, as part of the idea of the potatoing and forma-ing resets is to keep vets mingling in with newbies.  And it is good as an ideal, it's just that just as one is starting to play the game, I think it needs to be vet-clear teaming for one's first, I dunno, maybe 10-15 missions or so.