Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #36

[DE]Rebecca

This thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/302139-design-council-needs-dusting/ made me realize that the Design Council has been pretty quiet for quite a while now, and and while Kubrows and the Archwing have been hyped up I don't recall hearing much news about content like the Focus system or even those manually operated turrets in a while. Any chance you guys intend to dust off the DC and bring it back so we can continue to see how those projects are coming along?

Hello, I have a fair amount of input on Melee 2.0 and would love to see some aspects of it improved further!

First of all though, I just want to say that it feels like you guys took a step in the right direction with the Kronen; better attack speed, wider reach, more utility based combos, and improved responsiveness for combo branch triggers. (though the latter still could be better for other weapons) In fact, I'd dare to say that the combos could easily translate to dual swords.

My top questions for you guys would be:

1. Have you considered the concept of all melee weapon loadouts, and if so, would you like to make that happen in the future?

2. As a followup to question 1, would you guys be willing to make weapon switching instant, as well as have frame cancelling to better facilitate combo chains? If not, why?

3. Have you considered giving dodge roll an improved animation or speeding it up, or perhaps replacing it with a less pacebreaking maneuver for melee mode such as a dash? Alternatively, have you considered giving weapons more lunging features that are instantly performable from an input rather than from traveling down a combo branch?

4. Aside from future Tyl Regor, can we expect more intricate melee based enemies in the future that are actually more capable of more fluid dueling with a committed melee player?

That's all I see fit to bring up for now, happy streaming.

Edited by somegreenguy

would it be possible to add an arcade in the clan dojo

I say this because their is already a flappy bird game and a wyrm game on the way so would it be possible to have a room where you just walk to a kiosk and select a game.

Having this in the clan dojo would also open up a bridge for 2 player mini-games, so things like glaive ping-pong could become a reality.

And maybe a room for concept art.

thanks D.E

Edited by Deppster

Will we get a new sniper soon because i love running around with snipers but the only one i can shoot on spot without charging is vectis. And will there be a different scopes for snipers like a skin that changes the scope because the dot in the middle is too big XD?

How generous.

Besides, if we're going THAT way, I can just as well point out that there's also a "Dex" modification for weapons.

I'd fine with a Dexcalibur too, or more Dex weapons in general since I love my Dex Furis, but I was under the assumption that they were possibly anniversary only. Excalibur is one of my favorite frames, and having a better, cooler-looking version of him being completely out of my reach just angers me. 

Apologies if this showed up before, but I have a question that has been nagging me for a while:

When can we expect the Excalibur statues to ship? Store informs they still don't have them and it was scheduled to ship late August (that ship has sailed).

Would sincerely be good to know when I can expect to have my Excalibur so I can have my nerdom appeased with what seems to be a great figurine.

Will all the wings from U15 be the same for all warframes or they will be different for each wf or it'd be similar to the syandana stuff (buying the model you like)? 

Will it be customization for wings?

As usual, every new major update means a new warframe, if that's the case.. what can you tell us about it?

is there any possibilty that the charge attack for melee weapons will come back in the future?

Can you give us an update about the business side?  Reassure us we're in good hands.

Currently Void and Derelict mission squad selection is the complete opposite of the excellent and seamless normal way that squads are formed.  Will we ever see public Void missions?

Are there any plans to revisit the colouring of certain parts of warframe. Warframe right now is not colourblind friendly, especially when lighting is involved. Locked / Unlocked doors have always been a problem (in the void with the lighting its mostly impossible for me to tell the difference), red target markers on a room thats already red indicating there are enemies in the room, and now the mod cards. I have huge problems telling the difference between the Common and Rare mods. Could something like a colourblind mode, or the ability to customise colouring on your own UI using the colour selector like we do our frames, be something that is being considered?

Also are we going to see a return of the Boar. Its the only thing I have not got levelled to 30 and its really bugging me. Only way to get it right now is in a Rhino bundle, which isn't really worth it just for 1 weapon =)

Edited by H3dsh0t

Q1:  Grouping mechanic:  Is there a way that when forming a public group where you can choice to host or join an in progress game?  Sometimes I'm joining a game to get resources and the mission is more than half way completed.  Or where the host has a slow connection and there is alot of latency.

Q2:  ESC menu:  At the top of the ESC menu is where you can see the player's make up and the options for the mission.  Instead, can that be displayed in the fore ground instead having to press ESC to access?  When involved in a group decision, the player should be prompted more.  I think by over laying the player group interaction in a separate interface or prompt that stops other actions.  Also alot of times I will not see the countdown timer for starting a mission.

Edited by Phooney

Why do we have only 2 colours for resource drops? The most frustrating part is that the rarest resources are the same colours as the more common resources. Please can we have 4 colours or at least make the rarest resource the unique colour.

Yeah! Or do what other "rare" items do and have a yellow indicator that sticks out from the top of orokin cells, etc.

4. Dojo rooms/Liset

4a. Any ideas on when, or if, the dojo would get a shooting range (or VR combat training room) to test and train with new weapons in? The dueling room is not a true target practice and testing room for that either. It would be awesome to have a new dojo room with weapon reaction time tests for target practice you could do and see what your best times were against fellow clan members. If this gets added, please include a way to try out new weapons within that room so players could see if they liked them and also how they'd perform in combat without first having to buy them.

Further to this, I'd like to additionally request an arsenal function in said rooms. The ability to try out mod loadouts without needing to enter a mission—and therefore more easily and rapidly compare the impact of different mod loadouts—would, in addition to making testing loadouts a much more streamlined process, also make a large number of mods more accessible by way of simply making it easier to compare them to pure stat bonus mods (I'm thinking things like heavy impact, critical delay, elemental resist mods, different stance mods, acrobat, etc.).

I fully admit I primarily want a dojo weapon test room for practicing melee combos and testing the impact of corrupted mods on weapon handling, but the ability to actually test mods I'm otherwise disregarding (because their description is not appealing enough to convince me to go through the hassle of testing and comparing them with my present loadout) would also be a welcome addition.

WIll you buff the Braton Prime? It is outperformed by the Grakata, Karak, Tetra, and even the regular Burston. It is pretty much the same as the regular Boltor. Out of all the obtainable Prime weapons, it is the most underwhelming.

This. This and drop table fixes. Because what the hell, I've been farming leech ospreys since Melee 2.0 dropped and I still don't have gleaming talon.

Will we get local client based or account attached player blacklists?

There are players who I have come across that I just don't want to be in a squad with (ever again), and having the game handle that part of matchmaking would be a lot cleaner than having to pinch off their connections/IP addresses via firewall/router rules.

Question:

It's great to see that Warframe is developing and growing very fast but my question is, Are we gonna have some app's on our cellphones ? Like when we open our phone , Ordis says "Welcome back Operator!" or when we have new messages Ordis tell's us that we have new messages. It will be awesome.

Archwing

Will archwing come with a quest to get this ancient orokin/tenno flying tech?  

will U15 come with that dynamic space fight between the grineer and corpus? (the one where everything kept going boom)

will it be an event and become a random occurrence during invasions?

that would be awesome

Why does it feel like U15 was done before U14?

Do you guys have a lot of different teams working? Or was U15 that much easier to make than U14?

It could be me but it feels like the hype died real fast and started over for U15...

Could just be because U14 was delayed and U15 needed something special for tennolive of course.