The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Ammo Drops

Solvite

I agree that the drop rate seems pretty low, especially since most weapons are rifles and that's what most people are using. Also, how many shells drop in a shotgun ammo drop? because 20 rifle ammo seems really low considering how much ammo you can go through.

I dont think the drop rate is low i just think there are times when you cant pick up ammo because you have max so stuff just stays on the floor and people dont go back to look at the places they got drops from.

I actually run back to drop spots checking for ammo after reloads, being a gorgon user, ammo dies quickly and not everyone has max ammo capacity mods on a pro unlocked weap to have high ammo counts even from the start. I sure dont and I do run out quickly leaving me no choice but to run through all my aklato ammo..

The rifle ammo drop is low, because I make empty my rifle almost all of the missions. And the bossfight, I had to fight with my weak pistol. My sword is not a problem, but I don't like my pistol. And I don't want to buy a new one, because I don't know what pistol fits to Loki. The default pistol is very slow and not have a big clip... I almost maxed my rifle, but the ammo isn't enough. :/ When enemies drop ammo, these are 99% shotgun ammo.

IMO the ammo drops are messed up ATM and I hope (think) devs will eventually fix this. It is logical that enemies who wield shotguns drop shotgun ammo, I wouldn't want it another way, but there must be a way for a player to get a decent amount of ammo for weapons of his choice in a given location. The game should recognise this and "act" accordingly. Probably adding more ammo to lockers or by adding special crates that can be found in storage rooms and/or hidden places.

Another idea would be to provide more intel on enemy forces before the mission, like a short breifing, so players would know from the description of the enemies what weapons they use and just switch to the same type of weapon to get more ammo at that given instance. That would kinda mean, you'll be practically forced to lvl each type of weapon... the idea itself needs some tweking, but it surely might become one of the possible solutions.

Ammo needs a change in general, mainly because I can only carry two weapons into combat which means that half the ammo that drops I can't use.

Personally I'd change it so that only ammo for weapons that are currently in the game drop, like the Dead Space games. Pistol ammo would drop a fixed 25% of the time because everyone uses pistols, but all the other ammo would be divided up equally between the primary weapon types of the players. That means if your soloing with a Braton, then 75% of the ammo that drops would be rifle ammo and 25% would be pistol. If there are 4 players in the game, with 2 Gorgons, a Strum and a Snipertron, then rifle ammo would drop 37.5% of the time, sniper and shotgun ammo 18.75% of the time, and pistol ammo 25% of the time.

Seems a lot fairer and a lot more fun, mainly because you'll be able to use the ammo you find when soloing but shouldn't have any detrimental effects on the co-op side of things.

Also the ammo amount per weapon should be looked at, a Bronco kills in 2 hits while a Furix kills in 9, yet both get 20 pistol ammo from a pickup.

buy shotgun.. have full ammo all the time!

Thats what I did... never... ever run out of ammo

The truth is, no matter how much ammo boxes you add to the store for purchase (and I believe 1k creds is nothing at higher levels), ppl WILL still go the easier route and go for the advantage of always having enough ammo by gettnig a shotgun EVEN if they like shooting with rifles better. That shouldn't be the case in a well balanced game, so the goal would be to bring more balance to those ammo drops...

Hi I'm Dr. Steve Brule another one of my Brule's Rules that you just can't live without. Do you run out of ammo during missions? Just buy some ammo boxes ya dummy!

On the balance side automatic weapons have a clear advantage in boss fights and have large magazine capacities as well as high fire rates which are advantages other weapons do not posses. Stop whining that you run out of ammo in your big shooty shoot a million bullets gun and buy some ammo boxes.

Jesus christ why does the vast majority of the population on this forum moan and whine about everything that does not make them the super powerful superman of superland being able to kick everything's &#! 24/7 the game is boring and tedious and easy as it is why do you need to make it more easy please stop doing that it's really obnoxious and completely ruining the game go play call of duty please go play call of duty one of of the other 9,000,000 generic shooters out there please go play on your xbox your parents got you and please stay out of this game holy crap can nothing ever be unique why do you people have to muck up every game I play oh my god gaming is like completely dead.

The truth is, no matter how much ammo boxes you add to the store for purchase (and I believe 1k creds is nothing at higher levels), ppl WILL still go the easier route and go for the advantage of always having enough ammo by gettnig a shotgun EVEN if they like shooting with rifles better. That shouldn't be the case in a well balanced game, so the goal would be to bring more balance to those ammo drops...

Actually anyone at high level play who is killing bosses is using a gorgon which is... woah.. who would have guessed... a rifle! Holy crap guess you're totally wrong woopsieeee.

Edited by MegatechBody

I don't mind much about the ammo drop rate, however, I do find rifle and pistol ammo drops very lacking, though most of the rifle ammo drops I get are from chests(?)/containers.

I don't get low ammunition on rifles since I mostly go through levels on melee/pistol... I mostly use my rifle on teleporting melee dudes, heavies, commanders, bosses, flying shield giving robots, disruptors and healers or when I'm under a lot of pressure.

Hi I'm Dr. Steve Brule another one of my Brule's Rules that you just can't live without. Do you run out of ammo during missions? Just buy some ammo boxes ya dummy!

On the balance side automatic weapons have a clear advantage in boss fights and have large magazine capacities as well as high fire rates which are advantages other weapons do not posses. Stop whining that you run out of ammo in your big shooty shoot a million bullets gun and buy some ammo boxes.

Jesus christ why does the vast majority of the population on this forum moan and whine about everything that does not make them the super powerful superman of superland being able to kick everything's &#! 24/7 the game is boring and tedious and easy as it is why do you need to make it more easy please stop doing that it's really obnoxious and completely ruining the game go play call of duty please go play call of duty one of of the other 9,000,000 generic shooters out there please go play on your xbox your parents got you and please stay out of this game holy crap can nothing ever be unique why do you people have to muck up every game I play oh my god gaming is like completely dead.

Actually anyone at high level play who is killing bosses is using a gorgon which is... woah.. who would have guessed... a rifle! Holy crap guess you're totally wrong woopsieeee.

Wow that was like the hardest strawman argument i've ever seen.

That was incredibly smart one from you. *shakinghead* Your replies are rather insulting, than friedly & constructive. A high lvl player (30? or so) with tons of credits won't care about the price of ammo boxes and at such a state in the game will be able to afford anything. We're talking here about any possible lvl from newbie to lvl-cap and how current ammo drops affect gameplay. The dev's already agreed that it should be fixed somehow, so you opinion doesn't count much, it's subjective and rather egocentric, not seeing the community as a whole.

Ammo drops are NOT balanced - period. Players & dev's know this, the question goes around HOW it's gonna be changed.

Edited by Nocturo

I don't get whats worse the fact that you are one of the people who whine the most on the forums.. Or that you repeatedly keep saying how bad the game is but keep coming back to the forums instead of just dropping the game.

It's not just rifles... i use a shotgun as my primary 90% of the time and i'll have missions where i get little to no ammo for it, same goes for my pistol at times.. yet i survive? How so? I use the other equipment that are so conveniently at my disposal at the press of a button. Running out of supplies in a mission should be expected... So change tactics, aim your shots for more effective and effient kills, and would you kindly stop trying to make the game too easy?

and would you kindly stop trying to make the game too easy?

It's not about making the game to easy, but about getting it balanced. You can always choose to make it harder for yourself, no matter how much ammo you have and what means of destruction you have at your disposal. Just use your imagination.