Catalyst... Where Are U?

MollAgdeduba

Only me is notice that catalyst got "removed" from alert / invasion ?? The last was given more than a month ago and in Europe was 2:30 a.m. - 3:30 a.m. the 24h alert for catalyst was 1 month and 15 day ago... 

I think we have to say "bye bye" to free catalyst =( =( =(

Mecum omnes plangite... =(

There was a regular catalyst alert 18 days ago (and a reactor one 10 days ago).

Also, the lack of a 24-hour alert was due to Tennolive, which had different special alerts. I expect the normal pattern will return tomorrow when the dev streams get back on track.

Edited by Tails-san

Yeah, the catalyst rewards have gotten dismally low.  They give one away per month as a Gift of the Lotus alert.  They used to have them in Invasions, but I haven't seen one in there for months.  

DE doesn't realize that being stingy with them actually hurts sales.  When they handed them out more frequently, I found myself visiting the shop to buy them more often as well.  Having a steady supply of free potatoes relieves the weight of buying them.  What's 20p here and there when DE pays it back, right?  Plus, when you have cheap access to them, you come to rely on them and makes you want to use them more often.  

But now that they virtually stopped giving them away, the weight of the purchases have taken their toll, and I know I'm not spending another plat on one until I start seeing more in alerts and invasions.   

During Close Beta, we had around 2 potatoes every week. Off course a lot of things have been added to the alert tables since then, so I understand why they don't pop up that often nowadays. (not counting the biweekly livestream alerts).

However, the Potatoe / Forma rewards from Invasions dropped drastically with "no reason". Every 200 invasions it used to be around 3 to 4 Invasions that offered potatoe/forma. Now it's like 1 every 300 to 400 invasions.

The app I made, Warframe Alerts, also lists the invasions. It retrieves the last 200 invasions and only lists invasions that have a potatoe or a forma as a reward. A month or two ago, you'd see 3 to 4 invasions in that list, now it's 1 max and some may have noticed that most of the time, it shows the following message: "There were no special rewards in the last 200 invasions".

So yes, potatoe / forma rewards dropped drastically.

It might have be stupid of me but I bought most of my Rectors and Catalyst's and sale a lot of weapons I have potatoed.

Don't care really, I just traded for the plat anyways.

It's not stupid at all.  By using a catalyst/reactor (bought or crafted) you're getting a better experience of what that particular warframe/weapon can do.  The cost isn't so high and if you're buying these potatoes you've likely crafted these items anyways too, so it's not like you're blowing platinum away left and right.