Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Chance Needs Changes

inappropriatename5818

So I recently 4 formad the Tysis and while I love procing stuff all over the place I am really dissapointed at how status works in this game.  

First problem, some combos are impossible to make. For example, I want to make a corpus destroyer, by making Viral + Toxin/Gas, so with 100% status the Tysis has it would WRECK corpus, completely bypassing their shields and melting the 50% health they have left.  

Problem? Can't do it, as soon as I put another toxic mod in it just adds the damage to the viral combo. I know this isn't a bug or anything, but it really suck that it's so limited.   

Another problem is that you can only proc 1 thing at a time. I see how this could be "OP", if you could proc all the stuff in 1 shot, but lets face it, the weapons that have good status generally have low damage, so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal if you could proc viral and corrosive in 1 shot.   

These 2 changes would make status builds actually worth making instead of just having some corrosive status so you might lower their armor.   

we should be able to make the 4 status effects from lone element mods its the only problem I have with the system

Yes, that too. It needs a whole rework, status builds are just really limited now IMO. Just can't make some combos, which really dissapoints me. Status weapons have so much potential for crazy combos, but you just can't do it.  

It's especially sad now that we have all these dual stat status mods, so the combinations could be amazing, but they just aren't.

Would be cool if we can link mods together.  So if I have fire, toxic, and ice.  I could pull a "chain" between fire and ice to get blast, instead of using the position of it.  I think it is a more elegant system than relying on positional order.  Also that means I can keep my fire damage while still have other elements (good for accelerant, or weapons that have elemental damage only). 

Edited by Casval_Rouge

For me I think the reason Status is kinda useless because enemies die too fast. If you do endless up to 50+ its a different story, but keep getting oneshotted stops being funny after the first time.

And having weapons with 14k damage agaisnt enemies with only 1000-4000 hp is meh too. So going full Dps or Status end in the samething.

Edited by Dasmir

I really just go with blast damage for the CC. Support roll FTW.

But yea, I would like to see status a fleshed out more. It doesn't really seem good enough to get into. I'll just stick with my max crit weapons.

Would be cool if we can link mods together.  So if I have fire, toxic, and ice.  I could pull a "chain" between fire and ice to get blast, instead of using the position of it.  I think it is a more elegant system than relying on positional order.  Also that means I can keep my fire damage while still have other elements (good for accelerant, or weapons that have elemental damage only). 

Yes.

I think it would be nice, if when you were equipping mods onto a weapon, the elements all stayed separate. Then, you could go to "More Actions," like you would if you wanted to Forma it or swap polarities, and there would be a new button that said "combine elements," and gave you the option to combine and swap around the elements you had on the weapon.

So I recently 4 formad the Tysis and while I love procing stuff all over the place I am really dissapointed at how status works in this game.  

First problem, some combos are impossible to make. For example, I want to make a corpus destroyer, by making Viral + Toxin/Gas, so with 100% status the Tysis has it would WRECK corpus, completely bypassing their shields and melting the 50% health they have left.  

Problem? Can't do it, as soon as I put another toxic mod in it just adds the damage to the viral combo. I know this isn't a bug or anything, but it really suck that it's so limited.   

Another problem is that you can only proc 1 thing at a time. I see how this could be "OP", if you could proc all the stuff in 1 shot, but lets face it, the weapons that have good status generally have low damage, so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal if you could proc viral and corrosive in 1 shot.   

These 2 changes would make status builds actually worth making instead of just having some corrosive status so you might lower their armor.   

Against corpus you will want magnetic, which immediately negates their shields. It's a better proc to have, but quite frankly the bonus damage is enough to take them out.

Status is fine exactly the way it is in game, you just need to understand how to use it properly. Otherwise everyone will slap corrosive/viral on in the voids and boom everything has hp 1/2 forever.

I think it would be nice, if when you were equipping mods onto a weapon, the elements all stayed separate. Then, you could go to "More Actions," like you would if you wanted to Forma it or swap polarities, and there would be a new button that said "combine elements," and gave you the option to combine and swap around the elements you had on the weapon.

This is pretty much a solution to the first problem. I had no idea how it could be fixed, so I didn't propose anything, but this is genius and it would easily fix things.   

My dream that one day I'll wreck corpus with 100% status viral + toxin Tysis stays alive

Against corpus you will want magnetic, which immediately negates their shields. It's a better proc to have, but quite frankly the bonus damage is enough to take them out.

Status is fine exactly the way it is in game, you just need to understand how to use it properly. Otherwise everyone will slap corrosive/viral on in the voids and boom everything has hp 1/2 forever.

Corpus are mostly shields. Yes, magnetic proc will reduce them by 75%, but Viral + toxin would straight up bypass their shields and make it really easy to shred what's left of their HP after the viral proc.   

Who knows, maybe it's not as good as on paper, but we'll never know, because you can only have 2 elemental combos, due to the clunky design. (unless your weapons has a base elemental damage obviously)  

And that's exactly why I would like this change, I want to try crazy combos out, it would be so much fun to play with status weapons if we had a bit more freedom.  

EDIT: About the "Otherwise everyone will slap corrosive/viral on in the voids and boom everything has hp 1/2 forever"  I'm pretty sure people would run that if it was possible actually. Viral proc is probably the best proc for late game stuff, half HP in 1 proc?   

My Tysis has about 8K burst DPS, but it melts lvl 40 corrupted gunners in a couple shots, depends when Viral procs (1 proc per shot limit).  

Now I'm not saying that's OP, but if you could have corrosive + viral on something like akmagnus with about 34K burst dps, that thing would shred everything with it's nearly 100% status chance.   

It would just be a buff to status weapons, which usually trade damage for status anyway, so now they are just left with low dps in exchange for not much...

Edited by RektumExplorer

This is pretty much a solution to the first problem. I had no idea how it could be fixed, so I didn't propose anything, but this is genius and it would easily fix things.   

My dream that one day I'll wreck corpus with 100% status viral + toxin Tysis stays alive

I think this is what you're looking for

Procs Should Match Your First Mod Slot %7Boption%7D

I think this is what you're looking for

Procs Should Match Your First Mod Slot %7Boption%7D

Thank you. I understand it a bit more now and it's a bit clearer, but I still can't make Toxic + Viral to proc if I understand correctly? I can make toxic proc if I make Toxin - Fire in first and 3rd slots according to that, but my viral won't proc then.  

It's just so cryptic and it doesn't say that anywhere in the game. Ugh, I wish they would just make it better, let us chose what combos we want >_<

Thank you. I understand it a bit more now and it's a bit clearer, but I still can't make Toxic + Viral to proc if I understand correctly? I can make toxic proc if I make Toxin - Fire in first and 3rd slots according to that, but my viral won't proc then.  

It's just so cryptic and it doesn't say that anywhere in the game. Ugh, I wish they would just make it better, let us chose what combos we want >_<

That thread is a suggestion of what the proc system should be like (IMO), not what it is.

Currently, there are simply some procs that you cannot combine. The system is full of limitations, RNG being chief among them.

These 2 changes would make status builds actually worth making instead of just having some corrosive status so you might lower their armor

The grakata praises this topic