Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts And What's Wrong With Them

Tubsie

On 30 august, there was an orokin reactor blueprint alert ( http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ ), which was sort of "hidden". The alert just said it was an invasion. But to know what the rewards were, you would have to check it out more closely, as invasions usually just give credits or orokin cells. And those who started the mission too late, did not receive it even though completed it.

I understand that there cannot be too many of catalyst and reactor alerts, then people wouldn't need to buy them from the market. But the fact that they usually just last around 1-2h, might appear when you're asleep while the other half of the world is awake, makes no sense. So basically if you live in the "right part" of the world, you're lucky enough to be awake at the time the alerts appear. It has been many weeks since the last 24h "Gift of the Lotus" alert. So why not make all the catalyst and reactor blueprint alerts 24h always? That way, everyone would have a chance to get them.

If a moderator or whoever knows the reason why these are not 24h, could you please give an explanation to this? Because right now, the only answer i can come up with, is that people need to buy it off the market then if they miss the alert and need a catalyst/reactor. And to do that, you need platinum. And you get platinum with real money.

So...what is the reason they are not 24h?

On 30 august, there was an orokin reactor blueprint alert ( http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ ), which was sort of "hidden". The alert just said it was an invasion. But to know what the rewards were, you would have to check it out more closely, as invasions usually just give credits or orokin cells. And those who started the mission too late, did not receive it even though completed it.

I understand that there cannot be too many of catalyst and reactor alerts, then people wouldn't need to buy them from the market. But the fact that they usually just last around 1-2h, might appear when you're asleep while the other half of the world is awake, makes no sense. So basically if you live in the "right part" of the world, you're lucky enough to be awake at the time the alerts appear. It has been many weeks since the last 24h "Gift of the Lotus" alert. So why not make all the catalyst and reactor blueprint alerts 24h always? That way, everyone would have a chance to get them.

If a moderator or whoever knows the reason why these are not 24h, could you please give an explanation to this? Because right now, the only answer i can come up with, is that people need to buy it off the market then if they miss the alert and need a catalyst/reactor. And to do that, you need platinum. And you get platinum with real money.

this is like the fifth post I've seen like this but oh well what can you do?

Just to give you a little correction: you can gain platinum simply through trades. I made over a thousand platinum this past few months simply through that, without selling things at high price either.

That being said, I do like the idea of even more extended alert times for potatoes.

Edited by Casardis

Just to give you a little correction: you can gain platinum simply through trades. I made over a thousand platinum this past few months simply through that, without selling things at high price either.

That being said, I do like the idea of even more extended alert times for potatoes.

That is not the point...i'm not discussing how to get platinum. I have sold maxed mods too and received a lot of platinum. I'm just asking why the special alerts that happen maybe 1 or 2 times a month cannot be 24h.

Well, guess i will not be receiving a reply...AGAIN. I'm done with bug reporting, asking, being active-ish on the forums and whatnot. Useless. Oh, and if someone posts here "It's only been a day." well, my last post i waited for almost a week, no reply. Still no reply to that post actually. If it even exists anymore.

If you have done some of these you would notice that almost all of them come up in the early morning and at night, so it seems like they try to put them up when people are home according to their time zone. This would make it a broken system, which gives us every right, in my opinion, to complain about why they are not 24 hours.

You just answered your own question. Guess what, DE are a company that need to make money off warframe. Potato alerts are a PRIVILEGE, not a right. They could take away all potato and forma alerts and i would say that they are perfectly entitled to because it is DE's game and this is an F2P game- DE does not owe you anything. 

20 plats are 1.3 dollar, that multiplied by the number of warframe players getting that catalyst is the ammount of profits DE lose each time they gave out a free catalyst.

No matter how short the alert is, It's always a loss profits for DE. So don't act like you're a victim of corporate greed.

20 plats are 1.3 dollar, that multiplied by the number of warframe players getting that catalyst is the ammount of profits DE lose each time they gave out a free catalyst.

No matter how short the alert is, It's always a loss profits for DE. So don't act like you're a victim of corporate greed.

I guess, this one is the closest to the truth.

Actually alert time of Orokin Catalyst/Reactor is already increase from the past it usually 30-50 mins around update 7-10 not sure which update that DE increase the time. If you pay attention enough DE will give 24hr alert after Devstream every time and a lot of mini event alert in future. make sure you check the main page for that event.

So now who gets what is chosen by DE now, is it. 

That's close to being one of the most pathetic comments I've read on these forums.

It's random. Have you not been listening? Or even playing?

Please stop complaining that your not getting more free S#&$.

Edited by Kihana

The more you play, the more you gain. I hope that makes enough sense for you.

I am online daily. For hours usually. No alerts. Usually when i check the next day oh...it was in the early morning hours when i was asleep. xd

This is exactly my problem. We had two regular Catalyst/Reactor alerts during the last month ( https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts/status/503678898434228224 and https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts/status/507692847710347264 ). Both happened around midnight UTC. While this might be a good time for American players, I'm already fast asleep at that time.

So even though I'm following the Twitter alerts and playing quite regularly, I have no chance of getting those unless I change my daily rhythm.

Its random. Do you know how many potato alerts I've missed?

A lot is all I can say. 

I was pretty lucky a few month back and  most of them were appearing at pretty convenient times for me. All the recent ones however have been really early in the morning (I work night shift so I'm asleep most of the day) and don't suit me at all. 

I'm not going to complain about it though or feel entitled to anything. Just because it happens to work out for me specifically that alerts run at times that fit with timezones on the opposite side of the world from me doesn't mean I'm going to start QQing and demanding that things be changed.

So you miss a few potatoes? Big deal.

Its not like certain timezones are given an advantage.

In fact it seems to rotate and switches between regularly placing them in opposite timezones.
Really stop complaining.

Also, why is this in the PC alerts sub forum?