Where's That Shiny Nav Map You Guys Teased?

AdunSaveMe

Don't get me wrong, the one we've got is kickass.

Though it would be nice to see mission type & squad count without hovering over the node.

But the one we saw earlier on was MORE kickass.

552lNBm.jpg

Yhe2nPW.jpg

So is it a work in progress? Is it ever gonna look like the original screenshots?

Cos that'd be awesome.

DE pls.

The original "screen shots" are just concept images. They were kinda rushed to add U14 in the first place (the hype), so not everything is exactly as it was portrayed. But of course, they're always fixing things, so if they feel that another UI change is in order, they'll get to it.

In terms of functionality, yes.

Though both could use more information on them.

We pretty much have all the info we used to have, except for faction markers for nodes I think. The problem with that concept is the angle. The current node map is bad enough with the way the planet gets in the way, that concept is flattened out even more.

It does look pretty though.

We pretty much have all the info we used to have, except for faction markers for nodes I think. The problem with that concept is the angle. The current node map is bad enough with the way the planet gets in the way, that concept is flattened out even more.

It would be nice to see the mission type without having to hover over the node.

Now that they're big rectangles instead of small icons, that information could be displayed more readily.

If you aren't 100% familiar with planets, it sometimes turns into a round of "hunt the gamemode"

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'd like to have a line of some sort to clarify the links between nodes. What leads where. This isn't present in the current version. The bricks are also rather empty and could use more info on them, like faction icon and mission type.

We lost easy visuals for how many active missions were at each node without hovering, if I'm remembering correctly.  It's also harder to tell at a glance which missions you've completed, have only unlocked, and which are locked, because the colors/highlighting are more similar.  It'd be nice if the entire wedge turned color rather than just a border.