The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Safe Terminus?

7.T.

IMO, I think it would be nice to make Terminus, Mercury a guaranteed assassin-free zone (i.e. Stalker, G3, and Hunter). I know a lot of vets who take new stuff there for trial runs and to get the first few levels on things not to mention the presents of new players on this node. Just a thought.

Opinions?

(Wasn't sure if this really belonged in the other level/mission categories as it isn't about mission type or maps. Move if needed.) 

I don't think it would make that much sense lore wise. the stalker is a ruthless killer assassin that does what ever he wants. heck he even barges in the void doesn't get mind controlled and and splatters the corrupted all over the walls just to get to you. 

the g3 don't make that much sense to me either as all of mercury is grineer controlled. as for the harvester Im pretty sure you got your wish as from what I hear he only spawns in corpus tile sets.

I don't think it would make that much sense lore wise. the stalker is a ruthless killer assassin that does what ever he wants. heck he even barges in the void doesn't get mind controlled and and splatters the corrupted all over the walls just to get to you. 

the g3 don't make that much sense to me either as all of mercury is grineer controlled. as for the harvester Im pretty sure you got your wish as from what I hear he only spawns in corpus tile sets.

Not sure why it'd have to be made a lore issue or even part of the lore in the first place. It wouldn't even need to be mentioned in the codex or anything like that lol just makes sense to me to have only the first and lowest level mission to not not spawn these powerful characters. Just having it not happen on this node wouldn't case any waves or disruption that I can think of. Only place that would need to be mentioned it is the patch notes.

Currently, Stalker wont target a player with a Mastery Rank of 4 or less and when I return to Terminus, I often have a similar or less conclave rating than a rank 4 player. So maybe a better solution would to tie it to conclave rating instead of rank? (also, that is a bit of a lore issue although admittedly not as much as what I initially proposed.) 

Edited by -Himari-

I like this idea. I'm one that goes to Terminus every time I have a new frame or weapons I want to try out, and having an assassin show up when you've got new unranked equipment isn't something I particularly enjoy. I understand he's supposed to be a challenge and everything, but I don't call being crushed while essentially defenseless a challenge. Honestly, it's the very first mission of the game; I don't think such strong enemies should show up there. I also get that a good assassin wouldn't wait until you're at your best to attempt to kill you; they'd probably be more likely to show up when you're in the shower or something. (woo semicolons!) Which is still fine. You've got the rest of Mercury, and I later take the new equipment to Kappa or something for leveling. I'm still vulnerable there, but I've at least got a squad and a few modest mods on. I don't see any issues with having the first and lowest level mission be assassin free. Just my thoughts on the matter.