Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mac Os X Support, Please?

Auramaru

Heyo, so after Xbox One got support for Warframe, I began to wonder if I was the only one that wished it supported Mac.

And because I know that people are gonna do it, I'll just throw this on:

Flame_Warrior.png

Anyway, I went ahead and made a poll for the subject:

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=54078d61e4b062e9cdb25996

I use a Mac, but got a Windows partition on it.  I wish Warframe worked for Mac, but I can handle juggling operating systems.

but yeah... DE Glen...

we-need-your-help.jpg

Warframe support mac next, pls?

Getting Mac
> implying it's suitable for gaming

No, seriously, Mac is a piece of steaming crap, if it's about games. It can be good for... Browsing Internet, I guess, but not for games.

Besides, porting game to Mac would mean completely re-writing the whole game, because Warframe uses DirectX, and Mac doesn't. Making a game work with completely different API is pretty much equal to re-making the whole game from scratch.

Mac is Crap, PC/XB1/PS4 master race

It's not about what is better, the question and point is to find out if enough people actually want/need support for Mac OS X for DE to consider supporting it. Thanks for stating the obvious though, +1 for that, then -10 for not being constructive.

Getting Mac

> implying it's suitable for gaming

No, seriously, Mac is a piece of steaming crap, if it's about games. It can be good for... Browsing Internet, I guess, but not for games.

Besides, porting game to Mac would mean completely re-writing the whole game, because Warframe uses DirectX, and Mac doesn't. Making a game work with completely different API is pretty much equal to re-making the whole game from scratch.

*shrug* somehow running the game on a windows partition... on a Mac...

The problem for me was the fact that the only windows laptops (I needed a laptop) had windows 8 and absolute crap hardware specs.  But that's besides the point.

Edited by Auramau