Warframe Xbox One Controller Scheme Vs. Pc Controller Scheme Issues

Lartole

Question

What’s up, I am not sure if I’m posting this in the right area, but whatever. My concern and my point of writing this, is regarding the controller settings scheme of warframe on Xbox one. I, unlike many other pc players, though I know there are a few, play warframe on pc with an xbox360 adapter and 360 controller. Now I know it’s early, but I just want to address the issue. It is a little hard transitioning from xbox360 controller for warframe on pc to warframe on xbox one and its controller, I will explain why. For pc, I never bother to use roll, I would rather slide like everybody else- as sliding and melee'ing enables you to move quick throughout the levels and kill enemies quick throughout the levels. For pc by utilizing slide you can air spin melee attack or also slide front flip and melee attack and/or mix it up. As a pc player using a controller this was the core/norm of my combat fighting style. Barely any players could tell I use a controller, unless they are extremely experienced and question how am I killing and moving that fast lol. Anyway to the point, on pc if you are not running you crouch - seeing as slide is the same button used for crouch. Now my ultimate issue is that on the Xbox one I cannot slide and air spin melee attack or slide front flip and melee attack and/or mix it up. I can’t do this because there is no option for me to unbind Hold to crouch. Therefore instead of me being able to do all those melee maneuvers all I can do is jump in the air and cut down after sliding or your typical slide and back hand slice- which still feels hard to do. Hold to crouch is a utility probably permanently embedded in the Xbox one controller setting systems being that crouch, slide, and roll are all programmed on the same utility. You cannot remove roll, remove crouch, or remove slide, they all act as one in the same sequence no matter what button on your pad you assign it to. This is a problem for pc gamers who use controllers for pc on warframe transitioning to Xbox one, like me. This also may be a problem for pc gamers who don’t use roll and don’t use hold to crouch on the keyboard as well. Now my question to the DEV's, Is it possible to have an option in the Xbox one warframe controller game setting, that is like an alternate controller settings setup like the controller settings setup for pc- that can in a way override the slide, crouch, and roll utility for Xbox one; or possibly a way to edit the hold to crouch and roll in the system design of the Xbox one controller settings setup? Please get back to me, I circled in the pics below to try and help explain what I mean.

PC controller setup

EpyDWj.jpg

VIWlTf.jpg

Xbox One controller setup

mzJrHD.jpg

Edited by Lartole

16 answers to this question

^The same way as it is if you use a controller for pc. Using the D-pad from left to right cycles through the powers. You have to be a little quick for it though. I think off the top of my head using the powers is LB 

Edited by Lartole

Sorry for the off topic question but-

how are powers mapped on the Xboxone controller?

By default, you select the power by hitting left/right on D-pad then clicking the right stick to use. But I just mapped all of them to the D-pad and moved Inventory to the right stick click and the WP marker to the "select" button. Works fine for me.

As for OP: Sprint acts like a toggle. Once you click left stick to sprint, you can jump/slide/copter/melee just like on PC. And I'm going by default controls.

Edited by yakuza963

By default, you select the power by hitting left/right on D-pad then clicking the right stick to use. But I just mapped all of them to the D-pad and moved Inventory to the right stick click and the WP marker to the "select" button. Works fine for me.

Ugh,...thanks.

As for OP: Sprint acts like a toggle. Once you click left stick to sprint, you can jump/slide/copter/melee just like on PC. And I'm going by default controls.

My concern is not sprint, I dont have a problem with sprint on xbox one. I don't think you guys understand what I mean. I dont have a problem with the pc controls either, I love them. I think the controls for xbox one are messed up to an extent. My problem is with xbox one's mandatory hold to crouch and roll. That means if i want to slide or do anything related to a slide, I have to hold on the right bumper to do it, instead of just simply clicking the right bumper one time to do it. It makes it uncomfortable to  jump/slide/copter/melee and makes it impossible to slide and/or air spin melee attack or slide front flip and melee attack and/or mix it up on the xbox one; unlike the way you can easily do that on the pc. Roll and hold to crouch being permanently embedded into the controller commands system make it impossible for me to utilize the melee system on xbox one, compared to the way I  can utilize it on pc. Yeah sure, you can slide/ copter/melee but thats about it when it comes to quick maneuvers.  Seriously, the only way to understand exactly what I am talking about is to have played Warframe on pc, with a controller, like me, all the time, and then compare it to Warframe on the xbox one and It's controller scheme. I might have to make a video to explain what I mean. That might take some time figuring out but for the sake of progress lol I will. However the case may be, I am sure the DEV's know exactly what I'm talking about.

Edited by Lartole

Is there not an option to change controls? Also you're bold writing hurts my eyes.

There is only an option to change what button you want to have crouch, slide, and roll equipped to. However, ultimately changing the controls is what i'm here about. I'm curious as to whether ps4 players have a similar control scheme to xbox one though.

Edited by Lartole

Are you serious? Go to the damn options and in the controls bit you can toggle the option on and off for toggle to crouch, you can also toggle zoom, block and channel...

Are you serious? Do you not understand that hold is completely different from toggle?

You can't, at least not easily.  Protip: switch crouch/roll with melee, it makes life so much easier as you can jump+slide or aim and melee attack at the same time.  As for staying crouched, hold the crouch command and then hit start; this also works for channeling.  We have the same issues on the PS4 but with a bit of controller manipulation you can make it all work.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

So ye to summarise what you need, Sprint is toggled anyway so you don't need to do anything with that (it even stays toggled if you stop and attack, as long as you don't untoggle it, crouch or run out of stamina), as for crouch there is a setting in the controls tab there is a bit you can switch on for crouch to be toggled.

Edited by superstan2310

There is only an option to change what button you want to have crouch, slide, and roll equipped to. However, ultimately changing the controls is what i'm here about. I'm curious as to whether ps4 players have a similar control scheme to xbox one though.

I understand what Lartole is saying, the sliding on the xbox one version is horrible, compared to the sliding on the pc. You are much to limited on xbox one as to how one can maneuver throughout the course of the game. They must make the slide and crouch have their own buttons so that way its not a variation between the two in correlation to the toggle sprint. 

Edited by (XB1)Recon505

Pay attention . Who ever pic that is with Xbox layout 1 layout . I'm assuming that a default . Any ways switch your active power else were and put the crouch roll slide there my consumables is r3 . U can toggle them on or off in the options . I have lots of ideas to fix a lot of things . But never suggested them , cause I didn't want to be a forum user . Its gonna take me a while to get the good ideas out cause ii have to read over most the forum etc anger current . That and I wasnt 100 percent sure what the Xbox layout was RIT , but I did guess right also the y point is not super important . N I don't have extra buttons I just put junk on my touch pad waypoint gear1-4 which I rarely use n won't need after I get them to ix the consumable n other stuff . Also as some 1 else suggested put all 4 power on the d pad do away with activate power get ride of waypoint and use ethe button of aabove left trigger n the r3 for crroouch n sumables. Sorry on a tablet

Edited by (PS4)VietTurtle

1) Please don't necro month-old threads.

2) Please use some form of grammar check (your brain obviously failed at it).

3) As for your advice, you lack the experience to know what you actually need.  I have ~700 hours played on the PS4 and I recently made changes to accommodate melee 2.0 so no single system will work indefinitely.  For example, assigning a power to a button only works if you actually use all 4 powers.  Once you play some more you will realize that this rarely happens (I don't use all 4 powers on any of my current builds).  Cycle power left/right is vastly superior in this regard as it can be combined with activate power to help while aiming.  Also, consumables should be prompted using the consumable quick-select wheel as this allows the use of all 8 slots.