Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All The Non English And Multi Lingual Tenno

Azawarau

I often see people write in posts with better grammar and structure than i could ever hope to post in end their post with "Excuse my poor english".

To those Tenno...

Please dont let yourself down like that. Have confidence in what you know and what youve learned. Picking up another language is incredibly difficult

Especially one as troubling as english (a language that most native speakers have yet to master)

Youre all amazing and should keep it up. Dont let anyone discourage you and dont let them tell you your english is bad when youre making an effort they probably arent willing to make because they cant

If you speak multiple language i strongly encourage you to learn more, as much as possibloe

Opportunity knocks randomly an can be as long as your life or longer, never let that chance pass by

Keep working at it and youll find greater things in life

New people, new opportunity, greater intelligence and understanding of language

Keep up the work and never stop trying

I find it funny that this post is all about grammar and the mastery of it, but you forgot the apostrophe in "You're."

Jokes aside, this is a very true point. If you say "Sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language." I automatically assume that the content is going to be difficult to find because of the inherent grammatical issues. If I didn't know that English wasn't your first language, I would probably not learn from your internet grammar because almost no one uses 100% perfect grammar. (I try to though. :3)

I find it funny that this post is all about grammar and the mastery of it, but you forgot the apostrophe in "You're."

Jokes aside, this is a very true point. If you say "Sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language." I automatically assume that the content is going to be difficult to find because of the inherent grammatical issues. If I didn't know that English wasn't your first language, I would probably not learn from your internet grammar because almost no one uses 100% perfect grammar. (I try to though. :3)

I dont use them online often if at all

wasted time

Though its formed bad habits on my writing hobby :x

Viva la Ñ!

Mustache forever

Non-native speaker:

"Forgive me any foolish mistakes I might've made, English is not my mother tongue"

Native speaker:

"Lol k m8 ur gut at inglish"

Accurate

It should be, "(I try to, though :3)".

GRAMMAR NAZIS UNITE

if not the hardest language to understand. 

mmm no not really. structure of english language is rather simple to understand. however times, like past perfect or future simple is rather complicated system.

for example in russian language you have only three times, like past, present and future, however endings of the words are important to transfer the semantic load.

In Suomi (Suomen kieli) or Finnish language you have no future time, and some words must be used in only one way and no other.

So in my experience: i understand english language, but i had to memorize suomi whole.

Edited by Althix

mmm no not really. structure of english language is rather simple to understand. however times, like past perfect or future simple is rather complicated system.

for exampel in russian language you have only three times, like past, present and future, however endings of the words are important to transfer the semantic load.

In Suomi (Suomen kieli) or Finnish language you have no future time, and some words must be used in only one way and no other.

So in my experience: i understand english language, but i had to memorize suomi whole.

I saw that typo

If someone spams russian i should have freedom to press button "join enemy grineer/corpus/infested forces" and have lovely phone call from stalker and kill "my team". Just kidding.

Multiple languages is not really that big problem in my opinion, at least people understand numbers.
in survival or defense " 5 ? 10 ? 15? 20 ?....?"   and usually they just pick number.

English is hard or easy depending on your mother language.

Edited by Agullimux

If someone spams russian i should have freedom to press button "join enemy grineer/corpus/infested forces" and have lovely phone call from stalker and kill "my team".

multiple languages is not really that big problem imo

Its not a problem at all

Its an amazing thing to learn

The issue comes when people shoot you down for not being the best at it as if theyre any better

Discouraging something like this is simply $&*^ headed stupidity all around honestly

I was born speaking dutch but it feels like English is my second native language but I still make mistakes

Then I'll be like I'm sorry for my poor grammar I hope didn't bother you with it

Its good enough to understand

Keep going at it

Youll have it all down someday

I was born speaking English. I thought other languages were hard but my parents say that English is one, if not the hardest language to understand. 

It is because of how terrible it is, especially written grammar and all that. In addition the layout and way of writing is germanic but vocabulary is more latin (because of that english isn't a latin language) so it is really fudged up :/

I hate english, just putting it out there. Studied it and happy with my final grade, never again.