Dread - Status Or Dmg?

Yazeth

Question

I have a Dread, but I don't know if I should use two of the dual stat elementals for status, or use two regular elementals for more dmg. What do you guys think?

(Stop trying to be smart. Of course you would get more dmg with crits - .- )

Edited by Yazeth

17 answers to this question

The Dread is so powerful that with proper modding it will one-shot anything up to level 80-90ish elites.  Status chance is wasted on corpses.  If you want a status-based sniper weapon, get yourself a Lanka.  The chance is only a little higher, but the insane punchthrough value will give you a lot of chances for status and it's an elemental weapon so your status procs aren't wasted on physical damage ones.

My current setup for 4x CP Void/Grineer is:

SC

Serration

Speed Trigger

PS+VS

Cryo Rounds

Leaving two spots for Hammer Shot, Malignant Force, and Infected Clip. I went with IC + MF for a compromise between building status (HS+MF) and damage (IC+HS).

Edited by Darzk

My current setup for 4x CP Void/Grineer is:

SC

Serration

Speed Trigger

PS+VS

Cryo Rounds

Leaving two spots for Hammer Shot, Malignant Force, and Infected Clip. I went with IC + MF for a compromise between building status (HS+MF) and damage (IC+HS).

is Malignant force better than Hellfire? (more Viral vs Viral+Fire)

I have a Dread, but I don't know if I should use two of the dual stat elementals for status, or use two regular elementals for more dmg. What do you guys think?

(Stop trying to be smart. Of course you would get more dmg with crits - .- )

Status is irrelevant on bows. They are designed for one hit kills. Please use them as such.

is Malignant force better than Hellfire? (more Viral vs Viral+Fire)

Yeah, because it dilutes the Viral proc. Plus, for that setup the enemies get ~+75%/+50% damage from Viral, so it's doing about the same damage.

The difference in damage between Hellfire, MF, and HS is pretty minimal, so I went for the one with the most Viral procs. Given that I use that weapon/setup for endless missions (level 100+) the Viral procs actually do help quite a bit.

Yeah, because it dilutes the Viral proc. Plus, for that setup the enemies get ~+75%/+50% damage from Viral, so it's doing about the same damage.

The difference in damage between Hellfire, MF, and HS is pretty minimal, so I went for the one with the most Viral procs. Given that I use that weapon/setup for endless missions (level 100+) the Viral procs actually do help quite a bit.

cool thanks