Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Insert Name Here], A Weak But Fast Warframe.

The_Tiddler

The other day, I was thinking to myself about if there was a warframe designed to be terribly weak, but incredibly agile. And also, focused around melee combat.

It could be an insanely scrawny in appearance Warframe, I kind of thought a spider-y look would suit it. now, onto the stats!

Pros:

+Fast running speed

+Passive faster melee attack speed (Not by much)

+Jumps higher

+Climbs higher

Cons:

-Increased weapon recoil

-Possibly shakey gun holding.

-Only 50 health

-Only 50 shield

-Slightly decreased damage per hit with melee (Very slightly, to not make the faster swinging OP with high-damage weapons)

Ideas I have for powers:

Leap: Launch forward in an arch, knocking over (but not really damaging) anything nearby. Press 1+2 and you can quickly latch onto a wall to flee!

Cling: Crawl around on walls like spider man. Maybe you could cancel it by jumping, and it uses energy over time while on the wall.

Anti-grav: If there's a roof above you, you can reverse gravity to crawl around on the roof. Stealthy! Being hit by anything will make you fall. Like cling, could use energy overtime.

Unamed as of yet: Drop on all fours for increased (by a LOT) movement speed, and deliver rapid biting/clawing to your enemies.

That's my idea. I really enjoy weak but fast melee characters. I may do a concept sketch, if I'm feeling up to it.

Any feedback? Name suggestions?

Of topic: Weak but fast, reminds me of Loki, Mirage and Nova

But this is one that focuses on being able to leap and climb around the map. *Looks away from Zephyr* Not going through the air.

I'd like something that's powers lack inherent offence- besides the ult. But even the ult could be more useful for getting around faster. 

Really like the concept, and the powers 1-3 would be hella fun. Was a little confused by the fourth, sounds more in line with something like Valkyr. Maybe I'm just conceiving it wrong.

Something you also touched on is the frame having faster melee swing, more firearm recoil etc., to fit in with the melee theme... my clan-mates and I have often discussed [casually] what it'd be like with all frames having unique traits that reflect their theme. Ones that immediately sprung to mind were frames like Frost and Ember having innate resistances, however small, to their theme element. It'd probably be a horrific system to implement and balance... but I like the idea.

Edited by Dualice

Really like the concept, and the powers 1-3 would be hella fun. Was a little confused by the fourth, sounds more in line with something like Valkyr. Maybe I'm just conceiving it wrong.

Something you also touched on is the frame having faster melee swing, more firearm recoil etc., to fit in with the melee theme... my clan-mates and I have often discussed [casually] what it'd be like with all frames having unique traits that reflect their theme. Ones that immediately sprung to mind were frames like Frost and Ember having innate resistances, however small, to their theme element. It'd probably be a horrific system to implement and balance... but I like the idea.

My idea is supposed to be animalistic: Leaping, most of his/her powers involving being on all fours. The foruth isn't a "Become invincible killing machine", more useful to get from point A to point B as fast as possible while ramming enemies out of your way. There's no health or armour bonus, just mobility and enemy's not being a bother unless they're at long range and possibly with rockets.

I've often discussed that with myself. And yes, imagine poor D.E...

"OP PLZ NERF" *DE Nerfs it* "UNDERPOWERED, BUFF IT!" *DE  buffs it* and repeat.

Yeah I meant more that side of Valkyr, i.e. the savage, nigh on animalistic part. Sounds cool!

Haha, what did yourself conclude? :P

I can see where you're getting at, and don't exactly disagree.

For some characters, it could be good. But for others, it wouldn't be worth it.

I've got a name for you; Sciuro, short for Sciruomorpha, a suborder of Rodentia most popularly know for the family Sciuridae, aka Squirrels. And yes, Wikipedia is a wonderful place to visit when I need fancy words fast. Also, the four needs a buff. Give it a chance to dodge incoming damage when active and you've got my vote.

EDIT: Or you could name is after Sugar Gliders, their scientific classifications sound cooler. Petaurus/Petauridae.

Edited by AnonMD