Our Time Has Come...a Miracle Has Occurred (Torid Buff)

yuio678

Recently there was a hotfix that dropped called Hotfix 14.5.2.

Alright, no new weapons so slightly disappointing. I guess it's just a day for slight weapon changes. My my, that ammo consumption buff to Glaxion sounds interesting, I wonder what else has been changed...

Torid Changes:

• Increased Torid’s ammo capacity to 60.
  • Increased the critical chance on the Torid to 15% and the chance to proc its effect to 20%.
  • Firestorm mods will now affect Torid gas clouds.

Firestorm now affects Torid? Firestorm affects Torid! FIRESTORM AFFECTS TORID??!!!!!

1371449738597.jpg

How long have we waited in the shadows, secret lovers of Torid. All those potatoes, all that nice 60 ammo and all that Firestorm goodness with 15% crit and 20% status as cherries on top. Obviously this needs some testing, but this whole ordeal was seriously long overdue after so many players being confused by why Firestorm didn't affect Torid's grenade blast radius.

Express your thoughts about this recent change in this thread.

TL:DR

Torid is love. Torid is life.

Edited by yuio678

Good news about the Torid tweak, but I for one wholly welcome the re-work of current content before including even more new stuff. We've all got weapons that we love using but are in need of some tweaking... some more than others!

I hope you are kidding?

I don't understand why de just don't test things a bit more to see if they work as intended. This would surely save them more time by having to go back over things and correcting it.

Can anyone else say the critical chance is still wrong?

What about the firestorm mod, working?

Firestorm does not appear to change the cloud size. Clouds also do not appear to crit, but I am not sure about this. Crits do work perfectly well on direct hits.

I do not see the clouds giving yellow numbers, but sometimes the numbers do seem unusually large. I don't know exactly what my damage range on the clouds should be to be able to tell if a hit is critical or not. 

What I have found is that this weapon is a beast at status procs. Each cloud checks for a proc on each tick of the cloud, and this was absurdly powerful with a corrosive/blast build. I was able to fit all 4 event dual mods and one standard damage mod with HC, serration and split chamber. This gave me an 88.5% status chance, and it seemed to work properly on the clouds. I got a status effect on very nearly every tick.

See, the Torid has a tiny radius to begin with, its not all that noticeable if at all. Even with Firestorm maxed it would barely hit things attacking a Loki Decoy if you covered the decoy with them. If the initial radius was like the Ogris at 6m I could see it being used much much more.

I don't even feel like it needed the buff. It's been doing better than maxed Penta in ODD. 

Ammo capacity buff is nice, now you don't need to carry shared ammo secondary with Trick mag.

15% base crit makes crits builds good now, but clouds don't crit. 

Firestorm will increase radius from 3 to 3.72, dont think its worth it really.

Firestorm now affects Torid? Firestorm affects Torid! FIRESTORM AFFECTS TORID??!!!!!

and its still crap regardless.

at a glance token buffs which amount to nothing useful, only the ammo buff was good, the rest is so minimal their completely pointless, its still a "gas gun" that cant actually kill anything via gas clouds (except for oldskool vauban/vortex) and is still reduced to being a smelly bean bag launcher.

See, the Torid has a tiny radius to begin with, its not all that noticeable if at all. Even with Firestorm maxed it would barely hit things attacking a Loki Decoy if you covered the decoy with them. If the initial radius was like the Ogris at 6m I could see it being used much much more.

^ this, a % increase to not much is going to be even less than not much which results in something you wont even notice.

^ this, a % increase to not much is going to be even less than not much which results in something you wont even notice.

Yes, at fist I said that firestorm doesn't appear to affect it, but I realized it would be very difficult to see if it actually did.

The notes say it was increased from 1.75m base radius to 3m, but the cloud does not appear to be that big. One hemisphere on the ground is only about as tall as a player. Frames aren't 3m tall, are they? If it's still 1.75m, it's only making the diameter about 0.42m larger. Given the way the graphic makes indefinite edges of the cloud, that would be hard to notice.

Even if I was wrong, and it was 3m, then as someone said earlier, it still would not even increase the diameter by one full meter. It's possible it's all working as intended and just not enough to be noticed.