Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, A Serious Word Please (Where To Get Cryotic Now?)

Netheroc

So, Events over. New gamemode was supposed to come this update, but it didnt. Guess its next update. That are 7 full days where people cannot get a resource they need to craft a weapon. Thats not the way to do it. And please, no comments about "they had a week to farm cryotic". People have other things to do. Right now, my friend wanted to get his Cryotic to craft Glaxion, and what did i tell him? "Im afraid DE didnt implement the new gamemode yet." You know how angry he is right now? That immediately killed his feel to play the game.... again. These are things you cannot do, DE. If it didnt include a crucial resource to craft any warframe/weapon, hell even a cosmetic, the delay would be fine, but this way around, its terrible.

TL;DR

"mommy, coach didn't give out participation trophies I want to quit soccer"

Edited by Dead_Rabbits

On one hand I can understand your criticism somewhat as anyone just coming into this game where everyone tells you "you can get every weapon for free" and seeing a weapon that CAN'T be picked up without plat right now could lead to people making some very awful assumptions about the way DE conduct themselves.

On the other hand the event went on for A WEEK.

I'm calling my next kubrow DE. Sit DE! Roll over DE!

seriously do your really think a 7 day wait is worth throwing a wobbler up on the forums?

The resource nor the weapon have been discontinued your friend just needs to learn a little patience.

I think DE listen a hell of a lot more than some developers and must be sick of reading this sort of thread when all they ask is a little wait. try waiting for u14 on ps4, it was like a month. Was I on here giving them a hard time? Eh no because I used that time to do other aspects of a fun game while I waited. For the very first time I am using the word entitled. Your friend obviously can't speak for him / herself, so pass it on would you? 

Edited by (PS4)Draconis1981

I'm calling my next kubrow DE. Sit DE! Roll over DE!

seriously do your really think a 7 day wait is worth throwing a wobbler up on the forums?

The resource nor the weapon have been discontinued your friend just needs to learn a little patience.

I think DE listen a hell of a lot more than some developers and must be sick of reading this sort of thread when all they ask is a little wait. try waiting for u14 on ps4, it was like a month. Was I on here giving them a hard time? Eh no because I used that time to do other aspects of a fun game while I waited. For the very first time I am using the word entitled. Your friend obviously can't speak for him / herself, so pass it on would you? 

They never asked for "a little wait." If they told that the gamemode (and with that, cryotic) would be unavailable for a certain time after the event has ended, it would be absolutely fine. But they didnt. And dont come with "but its been like this with hive and survival." Again, for probably the 5th time, those didnt have exclusive resources. If thats the case, DE needs to inform you that you cannot get it for a certain time. Its common sense, really.

I can understand where you and your friend are coming from. A little bit of extra transparency from DE concerning the availability of extraction/cryo after the event conclusion would have been nice and may be something they'll want to address in the future.

That said patience is the only recourse at the moment. This argument has become heated enough that all the strawmen are about to burst into flames.

The point is that this is incredibly annoying.

If they had changed Orokin Cells to be a resource only granted by Excavation, and then no one could get Cells at all anymore, that would be a big deal. This is just a small annoyance. But the principle is the same.

Edited by DPV111

His underlying point ... that events are not well suited for the community... still stands strong. Personally I think a week of waiting is nothing but the idea of a company releasing many unique events with "vault mods" that still haven't seen any light inside the game itself unless you had enough free time to score it during the event is really inconsiderate. It's bad marketing, it's a crap idea and I know several people who got into the game and LOVED it but quit and uninstalled as soon as they discovered that many great and fun mods were either extremely difficult to get or they missed their chance for god knows how long.

This OP was a little funny but I think it highlights a problem within Warframe.

Edited by ePilgrim

• 2 weeks later...

Well aren't we an entitled, spoiled, little nancy. If you can't wait, take a moment, get over it and wait anyway. you seriously sound like a child in the toy aisle. "I want my toy now!".  After all the hard work and awesome stuff DE has given us, this is not the way to react when something is delayed for whatever reason. Come back when you find your big boy panties.

can't believe I actually saw more than one of these whiny post today.

Well aren't we an entitled, spoiled, little nancy. If you can't wait, take a moment, get over it and wait anyway. you seriously sound like a child in the toy aisle. "I want my toy now!".  After all the hard work and awesome stuff DE has given us, this is not the way to react when something is delayed for whatever reason. Come back when you find your big boy panties.

can't believe I actually saw more than one of these whiny post today.

Eh...you do realise that this post was from the start of September, right? You'd have had to go digging for this. Also, no, the guy isn't entitled or childish, I honestly wish people would stop worshiping DE for making terrible decisions, or better yet, read things. He has his weapon, his friend, who hasn't had the ability to get it, feels left out because DE said this was a new mission type, but haven't implemented it. The whole game is a mess, and has been since update 14. People shouldn't be shamed or called entitled when they criticise something like this, which essentially locks a weapon behind a mission type that no longer exists.

The devs are people with other things to do as well.

Yeah, like their job. I mean, they knew this would be a problem, yet they apparently did nothing and let the preplanned updates and event come out without doing anything about it.

At least they had the common enough sense to put the resource back in, in a minor way...an extremely minor way.