Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Honest, Was The Glaxion Actually..."improved"?

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

The answer...

Glaxion Changes:

• Improved the performance of frozen death effects from the Glaxion.
  • Improved the ammo consumption and critical chance on the Glaxion.

so, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'am not even sure what the whole deal was about increasing the crit chance on this thing. If anything, it made it a better...crit...wea...pon...      -_-  ( seriously ). Ok, I know, bad joke... Moving On!

And also, why the frozen death effects, why is it only still freezing after they've died, I think it would of been better if they were frozen when they were still alive, so, you know, then them freezing would actually make sense, cause right now, it kinda doesn't, especially gameplay wise. The weapon itself is still simply aesthetic and holds no mechanic to deter itself other than giving your melee weapon something else to hit, but purely pointless because, well, they're already dead.

Now the improved ammo consumption was a good idea, lower FR, double the base damage, ( though it's not going to do much, and increasing it any further would actually do this weapon an injustice ) cool, but what that did was just heighten its ammo economy, though it was 1 of the many things this weapon needed, it wasn't its only.

Now incase if any of those "OH GAWD, IT'S A DPS F@G WANTING TO BUFF ITS DAMAGE or the usually common,     " NOOO, IT'S FINE THE WAY IT IS DON'T TOUCH IIIIIIIIIIIT" people come on here, for starters...

1: don't say f@g

2: I don't care about for increased damage on this thing, just its ability to actually FREEZE something, you know like a higher chance to proc its cold status to slow enemies down, and a lower chance to completely freeze them, sounds reasonable.

and 3: Don't, just don't...please, just...no, stop it, like seriously...stop it.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

The freeze ray mechanic needs to be implemented on touch. One round = frozen solid. Then it becomes a pure CC weapon and nobody would care about the damage. Although realistically, and I know you said not to say it, if a weapon is not viable versus level 50+ enemies, it's not a weapon at all. Sorry, just had to be said...I am a DPS junkie.

If they do go ahead and add a freeze on contact mechanic based on status chance, the lower ammo consumption would absolutely help, because as you know, status on held triggers is per sec, not per round. The crit rate increase may not look that great, but it's 5% per round, and this thing fires 20 a sec at 2x per crit, just boosting it slightly greatly increases the damage itself. So yeah, besides the "only freezes on death" thing, I'd say it's pretty solid. (no pun intended)

The freeze ray mechanic needs to be implemented on touch. One round = frozen solid. Then it becomes a pure CC weapon and nobody would care about the damage. Although realistically, and I know you said not to say it, if a weapon is not viable versus level 50+ enemies, it's not a weapon at all. Sorry, just had to be said...I am a DPS junkie.

I'am a DPS junkie too, I try to convince myself i'am not, but i'am, but where something may lack in damage, it should excel in crazy utility, well, in Glaxion's case that is. And the applications that could've been introduced to this weapon through utility are stupid good...buuuuuut it didn't, quite happen.

Well, it's almost as good as a mk-1 weapon now, except that it's still not as ammo efficient as one.

It isn't a CC weapon, since it has only a moderate proc, it takes massive ammo pick ups to keep it running, it brings nothing to the table that the amprex doesn't already do far better except ......... cold.

Not really sure they put much thought into it. The Nukor is nice though.

So how about having it freeze enemies when they reach half health? that's reasonable right?

It could, but with how slowly this weapon kills anything, would the time getting there, justify the means at which in doing so. And if they do that, they might make it as YOU have to have gotten its health down halfway using it...THAT would be worse.

Glaxion deserves a 100% cold proc chance!

Ignis deserves a 100% fire proc chance!

They did that with Acrid and Castanas and Toxin/Electric stacks is FAAAAAAR more overpowered than Cold/fire one even more when fire/cold doesnt stack and just refresh the duration when it proc again.

Despite the fact that players want a "CC" gun, a weapon's primary job is to kill your target. This one freezes enemies to death, so naturally they'd need to be dead before they were frozen.

i don't see the argument, is not that the glaxion does any tbh, i'd actually like something like frost damage in bioshock/magicka, after x seconds/or taking x% (of health) of cold damage enemys become frozen and get instagibbed by phisical damage so we can please both sides. honestly this could be implemented to cold damage in general tho and it would justify it's inconsistency with other damage types and the glaxion would just have it as innate propriety, (meaning that if you mod blast you still freeze stuff)

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Despite the fact that players want a "CC" gun, a weapon's primary job is to kill your target. This one freezes enemies to death, so naturally they'd need to be dead before they were frozen.

Plz show me where a primary weapon must be TOP KEK DPS in games.

Seems you have the concept of frozen to death completely reversed in your head...

It should work like the nukor but instead making the parts bigger (hilarous) should frozzen it making them unable to move and get damage bonus debuff in that part