Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verify Game - Game Deletes... Download 90% , Lose Conneciton, Restarts From 0%... Are U Kidding Me?

Psigen

Alright so I'm going to start off by saying: This S#&$ doesn't happen with other games, there is no excuse...

yea yea beta... can't play the beta... because it deletes itself... well okay then...

My game didn't want to load, so I verified the integrity of the cache... The game proceeds to delete itself. This is an issue with steam... BUT

I tried downloading the game without using steam, guess what happens? :D ... after reaching 95% I lose connection to the internet for 5 seconds. It says ERROR_IN_THE_INTERNET or whatever. It then restarts the download at 0% hahaha...

I can't even find the location of the downloaded 3Gb to delete it... So now it's somewhere on my pc taking up space (applause)... Are you telling me that the standalone warframe launcher can't keep track of the local files?

wow

Fix this S#&$ please...

So...It's the launcher's fault you lost internet? Also, genius, if you downloaded it through Steam, maybe, just maybe it's in your Steam folder? Steam/Steamapps/Common/Warframe? Just saying. You exaggerated alot by "Now it's somewhere on my PC taking up space" just because your computer sense of orientation isn't exactly stellar, and trying to put the blame on the game.

Might I add that the first issue was with Steam, not with Warframe, too.

Edited by HunterHog

You shouldn't verify your game cache with steam in the first place. The launcher have its own verify game cache on the options (the gear icon). If you verify it with steam, steam will mark them as "corrupted" instead of "updated" and proceed to redownload.

Next, about the location when you install without using steam, it's probably on C:\Warframe or something like that (it's the default location, if I remember correctly). Or you can use search function on windows and search for Warframe folder.

All your problem here didn't have any connection with the game is still beta or whatever. The problem is that you're either too lazy, too stupid, or simply too angry to ask a solution nicely. There, I said it.

You shouldn't verify your game cache with steam in the first place. The launcher have its own verify game cache on the options (the gear icon). If you verify it with steam, steam will mark them as "corrupted" instead of "updated" and proceed to redownload.

Next, about the location when you install without using steam, it's probably on C:\Warframe or something like that (it's the default location, if I remember correctly). Or you can use search function on windows and search for Warframe folder.

All your problem here didn't have any connection with the game is still beta or whatever. The problem is that you're either too lazy, too stupid, or simply too angry to ask a solution nicely. There, I said it.

4883191+_3986780f434f11a5ea0dc94a555b705

Edited by HunterHog

A lot of people have this issue, it's not just me... I know where steam files are...

The problem is that the standalone launcher does not save it somewhere like C:\Warframe ... its C:\users\(user name)\Appdata\Local\ etc. ... The issue is that both steam and the standalone launcher save the files under the same registries. I've read other discussions about this, and people say to use the standalone launcher rather than playing it through steam... And this isn't a recent issue, I remember having problems with backing up the files and verifying since the day it was released on steam... Other games don't have this problem, why is that?

I did try and search, and the only files that show up are the ones inside steam, and the local Appdata folders... I can't find the files that were downloaded Via the standalone launcher. But my HD space was reduced by the exact amount after it failed...

that being said,

I've tried downloading the game more than once today using the standalone launcher with the same result... I know its not the launcher causing my disconnects, but the launcher doesn't keep track of files that have already been downloaded, so its starts from the very beginning every time it fails... That's not my fault is it?... My issue is not with the "game" but with the Launcher that does not keep track of the files...

Help me then, because the only fix at the moment is to use steam... 

A lot of people have this issue, it's not just me... I know where steam files are...

The problem is that the standalone launcher does not save it somewhere like C:\Warframe ... its C:\users\(user name)\Appdata\Local\ etc. ... The issue is that both steam and the standalone launcher save the files under the same registries. I've read other discussions about this, and people say to use the standalone launcher rather than playing it through steam... And this isn't a recent issue, I remember having problems with backing up the files and verifying since the day it was released on steam... Other games don't have this problem, why is that?

I did try and search, and the only files that show up are the ones inside steam, and the local Appdata folders... I can't find the files that were downloaded Via the standalone launcher. But my HD space was reduced by the exact amount after it failed...

that being said,

I've tried downloading the game more than once today using the standalone launcher with the same result... I know its not the launcher causing my disconnects, but the launcher doesn't keep track of files that have already been downloaded, so its starts from the very beginning every time it fails... That's not my fault is it?... My issue is not with the "game" but with the Launcher that does not keep track of the files...

Help me then, because the only fix at the moment is to use steam... 

Open the launcher, click the small gear icon up on the top right, and defrag the game. It'll delete anything faulty and replace it immediately, and will then redownload from where it last left off. It should work.