Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Pc Shutdowns

JohnKable

Since latest update my laptop keeps shutting down when i play. It shuts down in 5 to 30 mins since i start the game.

It doesnt happen with any other application or game and only from latest update.

My pc handles the game well and no overheating at all. No new programs installed, just updated warframe.

Pc running Windows 7 with everithing updated, including drivers.

How old is the laptop? Try run other graphic heavy game eg. Battlefield 3 and see if problem presist. Last time i had my laptop random shuts down due to worn capacitors that loses power on mainboard. Heat kills components like that over time especially on older laptop that doesn't have good ventilation and generates alot heat.

How old is the laptop? Try run other graphic heavy game eg. Battlefield 3 and see if problem presist. Last time i had my laptop random shuts down due to worn capacitors that loses power on mainboard. Heat kills components like that over time especially on older laptop that doesn't have good ventilation and generates alot heat.

the pc is 1 year old. Alienware m17x. i can run battlefield 3 and 4 with ultra graphics (or close) without issues.

i also thought it could be about power supply, but i play with battery in, and the DC is the one that came with the laptop (supposed to be dimensioned to the components)

im just stating that its happening only on warframe and only after the latest update. not looking for a magical solution but looks like more than a coincidence. isnt it?

and about overheating, i can post screenshot but you can trust me temps are good.

Also tried with pretty much everithing off (in graphic settings of the game) and it just keeps shutting down....

the pc is 1 year old. Alienware m17x. i can run battlefield 3 and 4 with ultra graphics (or close) without issues.

i also thought it could be about power supply, but i play with battery in, and the DC is the one that came with the laptop (supposed to be dimensioned to the components)

im just stating that its happening only on warframe and only after the latest update. not looking for a magical solution but looks like more than a coincidence. isnt it?

and about overheating, i can post screenshot but you can trust me temps are good.

Also tried with pretty much everithing off (in graphic settings of the game) and it just keeps shutting down....

Have you tried running the game in windowed/borderless fullscreen mode from the launcher?

Also have you tried changing launcher settings?

This may be an issue which you want to Contact Support about; they'll likely ask you for your Launcher.log, EE.log and DxDiag.txt files after your computer shuts down uncontrollably.

just tried in fullscreed mode, as far is i know windowed mode should be harder for the pc to handle. But ill give it a try.

didnt try other options in the launcher, what do you think i should try to check or uncheck?

If i cant solve in another couple tries, ill write to support of course