Npcs For The Dojo.

(PSN)FriendSharkey

On creating my dojo I noticed I'm pretty lonely in there. It's nice and I'm adding trees and Junno water gardens for me and my brother. But it's so dead. Now I used to play Skyrim quite a bit and I loved the College and the Companion's Mead Hall.

DE should consider rooms with NPCs and Merchants as well as a Hall that allows the Warframes you've unlocked to walk around and engage you the player. It would breathe some life into those Dojos for clan lords who have fallen on hard times or just solo players like myself to have something to wander around that furthers lore and adds some ambience, life, and some noise to what is basically a silent tomb.

Not a fan of the idea, personally, as having multiples of yourself walking around would be really weird.

The dojo doesn't really need dumb ai plodding around getting in the way. Plus, the tenno just wouldn't feel right as NPCs.

In my opinion, of course.

I wouldn't object to a couple of robots though.

Kinda like Orokin drones, but used for maintenance (among other things), similar to forerunner sentinels.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Kinda like Orokin drones, but used for maintenance (among other things), similar to forerunner sentinels.

My thinking about this as well.

little off-topic, but going off your "Unlocked Warframes" idea, I am still an advocate of having something like that added to the Player Ships (if and when they are expanded to include the larger area teased in previous livestreams).

Not a fan of the idea, personally, as having multiples of yourself walking around would be really weird.

The dojo doesn't really need dumb ai plodding around getting in the way. Plus, the tenno just wouldn't feel right as NPCs.

In my opinion, of course.

I laughed because I didn't like your idea about robots. So we're not fans of each others idea. C'mon that's funny.

little off-topic, but going off your "Unlocked Warframes" idea, I am still an advocate of having something like that added to the Player Ships (if and when they are expanded to include the larger area teased in previous livestreams).

A little showcase would be nice. Like the frames in the tenno energy lab.

I laughed because I didn't like your idea about robots. So we're not fans of each others idea. C'mon that's funny.

It's slightly funny lol

I guess for me I don't place myself in the Warframes. I see them as characters I'm just controlling. Each Warfame seems a character in itself. Having a unlocked NPC version addressing you or giving a you a formal bow would create a sense of you the player being in control of a mercenary band rather than I'm this Rhino. Or I'm this Valkyrie.

I don't know seems lonely in these Dojos you put a lot of time into. I'd take some dumb Ai over a barren robot filled coffin.

A little showcase would be nice. Like the frames in the tenno energy lab.

It's slightly funny lol

Well consider the hostages we rescue. That would be interesting if these factions would appear from time to time giving quests or even furthering their story by staying under your protection as you have to guide them back to a safety zone.

All you need is a good voice actor and a descent story and the Dojo suddenly becomes a hub of activity story wise.

Well consider the hostages we rescue. That would be interesting if these factions would appear from time to time giving quests or even furthering their story by staying under your protection as you have to guide them back to a safety zone.

All you need is a good voice actor and a descent story and the Dojo suddenly becomes a hub of activity story wise.

I don't think the dojo should be a mission or world hub. I think it should stay how it is.

Leave NPCs and quest givers for actual hubs that may or may not turn up in the future.

I don't think the dojo should be a mission or world hub. I think it should stay how it is.

Leave NPCs and quest givers for actual hubs that may or may not turn up in the future.

But it's so boring that way. Plus if it's a room you have to build then it wouldn't affect your game. Let me give you example.

Say you make this room or rooms that can host NPCs in your dojo. Now you go on a rescue alert and you rescue the hostage. On rescue when you leave the mission you get a notice from the hostage you rescued. Well turns out she's the Princess of Mars and you ave to John Carter it to your dojo. Now the Dono has loaded a mission specific to this character. You have run so many missions and search for some McGuffin while this NPC hangs out in that room. She has lore and quips that make you like her. And before you know it you've finished the quest. She's gone and you get some reward.

The NPCs don't have to be wandering the entire Dojo. Just specific rooms that are a option for RPG players like myself wanting to expand my silent little domicile into something more engaging.

But it's so boring that way. Plus if it's a room you have to build then it wouldn't affect your game. Let me give you example.

Say you make this room or rooms that can host NPCs in your dojo. Now you go on a rescue alert and you rescue the hostage. On rescue when you leave the mission you get a notice from the hostage you rescued. Well turns out she's the Princess of Mars and you ave to John Carter it to your dojo. Now the Dono has loaded a mission specific to this character. You have run so many missions and search for some McGuffin while this NPC hangs out in that room. She has lore and quips that make you like her. And before you know it you've finished the quest. She's gone and you get some reward.

The NPCs don't have to be wandering the entire Dojo. Just specific rooms that are a option for RPG players like myself wanting to expand my silent little domicile into something more engaging.

But it might be cool the first time, then it'd get tedious, and you'd get sick of saving all these martians and having them plod about in your dojo. And it doesn't really fit Warframe. It's not really a role playing game. The dojo is a place for players and their clans, a hidden tenno fortress, not a daycare for NPCs.

Plus, the last thing we need is MORE running around between missions.

Having to go to the dojo or a hub to get quests would get so damn old, so damn fast. You could add an option to get them on the ship, sure, but then it completely obliterates the entire point of having those quest givers and those hubs in the first place.

I don't feel NPCs belong in the dojo.

I can't say I like the idea. So I probably don't belong in this thread.

Oh c'mon. You don't just make it one play through with one character and one overall theme.

The rescued hostage is one avenue.

Have rooms cycle through different scenarios.

You get a message and here's this cloaked figure having you meeting another cloaked figure in a room on Lares during a defense mission. That guy gives you a data key and you're off on another quest.

Complete enough and you get a request for a merchant hall from this faction you need to build.

Here's the underlying difference . When I say Breezehome you and everyone else who's played Skyrim goes Lydia.

When I say Warframe Dojo big silent rooms, or if you're lucky three other players running around aimlesslys while you talk over the mics.