Dark Sector Conflict New System Idea

BlackVortex

in the current system, quantity is the key factor of winning conflicts

I have been thinking of a way to change the system from being a grinding system to changing it more into a voting system

with this topic I would like to see what others think and try to figure out what the implications of such a system might be

now I think the current system is more of a meaningless grindfest for the attacking side trying to get those % down

what if the system would change so that it becomes more of a voting system where basically you can cast your vote on a side, by playing the conflict, like invasions, 5 times to complete and get your battlepay

ofcourse this means that running more conflicts after the 5th win will not get you any battlepay or gives one side more %, but you are still able to have fun and block the opposing side from winning

my vision of advantages:

- it has been said that certain alliances DDOS the servers to defend their rails, if that is true, DDOSing in this system will not really help a lot, since its about who gets the higher ammount of % from the votes, so if others can't play, neither can they

meaning it will mostly rely on the people that are still able to play

- endless money pumping for battlepay might be a thing from the past, since people can only take 1 battlepay reward, clans/alliances don't have to keep placing battle pay all the time because there is a limited ammount of battlepay that can be acquired by players

- players will be forced to run several missions instead of just one

- big clans/alliances with a big budget might still lose if too many people in the community don't support them and finish the missions for the other side

disadvantages:

- individual players have less influence of whether they win a rail or not, grinding doesn't get you more "votes"

- only a one time battlepay, people can't grind for credits anymore

problems:

- the battlepay has to be set in advance(or another type of solution) or people will have done 4 runs, then the battlepay gets changed to 0 because the reserve ran out and they will have done 4 runs for nothing (or untill battlepay gets set again)

let me know what you think, how this might affect other gameplay advantages/disadvantages and or improvements to the system.

i'd love to see something like this.

an easy way to solve the battle pay problem is allow the system to define the overall battle pay based on how much is being dumped into it's defense.

i.e. clan a) drops 10 billion credits into the defense of their rail. clan b) drops 8 billion. 

battle pay is adjusted for the duration of the conflict and side A shows a 20% better payout.

voila, no more pay-baiting.

clans are not allowed to remove credits once conflict starts, but *can* add.

second: i'd love to see differing modes for players to interact with. i.e. not always PVP. i'd like to take part in conflicts, but i have absolutely no interest in pvp battles. give us more than one game-mode to take part in.

example: player a) chooses pvp, in which case he plays as it stands. player b) chooses pve, he's now randomly dropped into one of 2 (or more) different game modes. (the original sabotage & mobile defense against specters) and maybe add in a few new ones.

just my 2c.

Edited by xethier

second: i'd love to see differing modes for players to interact with. i.e. not always PVP. i'd like to take part in conflicts, but i have absolutely no interest in pvp battles. give us more than one game-mode to take part in.

example: player a) chooses pvp, in which case he plays as it stands. player b) chooses pve, he's now randomly dropped into one of 2 (or more) different game modes. (the original sabotage & mobile defense against specters) and maybe add in a few new ones.

just my 2c.

I think for different modes, they would have to make more dark sectors(or something like it) and make those ones PvE

mixing up PvP and PvE is a bad idea imo, as there should only be one mode for each mission and clans can choose whether they are more interested in PvP sectors or PvE sectors

mixing them up would mean the best PvP clan/alliance can lose just by PvE alone and I think that would be a bad idea

I think for different modes, they would have to make more dark sectors(or something like it) and make those ones PvE

mixing up PvP and PvE is a bad idea imo, as there should only be one mode for each mission and clans can choose whether they are more interested in PvP sectors or PvE sectors

mixing them up would mean the best PvP clan/alliance can lose just by PvE alone and I think that would be a bad idea

i see where you're coming from. but i disagree.

it would necessitate a different strategy on the part of active clan/alliance to be able to combat both directions... but so far we've seen nothing but abuse in the current system. (pay baiting, cheap pvp tactics, etc.)

currently the players that are taking part in the conflicts are only the ones interested in pvp (or willing to put up with it for the battle-pay and willing to risk the pay-baiting) -- this is reducing the number of active participants.

attempting a system like this and then weighting the results would allow for a fairly balanced system. 

(i.e. a pvp match is worth 3-4 pve matches in terms of rail movement) -- and adjust battle pay accordingly.

this would require quite a bit of oversight on DE's part to find a balance for the system. and it wouldn't be the first attempt.

but without some sort of PVE option, the numbers of participants probably won't do anything but stagnate or decline.

and why have an entire game element that is unpopular?

continued:

either way, if you're doing the 5-matches and you're done option you could just as easily weight it there too. have the pvp options require only 3 runs (or even one) there are a number of balance mechanisms available to DE to tweak to find a balance between pvp and pve.

Edited by xethier