Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Frame To Work On...

(PSN)GriM-728

Question

Been putting my work in in volt, love the tenno but thinking about building a new one. Torn between Nekros and Rhino. I love the ideas and designs behind Nekros also fits with my nickname, Grim, but being a tank is also very appealing. How hard are both to build and what are the pros/cons of each to those have experience? Thank you very much.

16 answers to this question

rhino is easy to farm and build.

If you are new to the game and want nekros, you will need a good partner to kill lephantis and then he is easy to farm too if you do not have a strong weapon yourself.

Advantage of nekros is that if he is modded properly, it is very easy to get into a party, since he is always a nice bonus.

Disadvantage of nekros is that in order to mod him properly you ll need several formas and maxed out mods (even the rank 10 ones) and that in missions you only need 1 button which is really repetitive.

As for rhino, he is much more newbie friendly, even with half decent gear the frame is great. Downside is that 90% of all players have him and sometimes you re in a party with 4 rhinos

Rhino is a frigging Tank. He is really strong in low-level missions but falls off completely in late game. Also if you build him you WILL get addicted to the Iron Skin. I was really shocked about the survivability when I changed to another frame for first time in 3 months.

Oberon has the immortality factor Nekros has and survivability of rhino now. Nekros is good at beginning of game for hardcore farming and to make rhino shine you need maxed vitality, steel fiber, and Redirection if you want to live in late game. Rhinos 3rd is great for a damage buff aside from that ability wise he falls off and as Jeloxale said, you will become far too reliant on Iron skin that you will die continuously later in game when its close to useless.

Oberon has the immortality factor Nekros has and survivability of rhino now. Nekros is good at beginning of game for hardcore farming and to make rhino shine you need maxed vitality, steel fiber, and Redirection if you want to live in late game. Rhinos 3rd is great for a damage buff aside from that ability wise he falls off and as Jeloxale said, you will become far too reliant on Iron skin that you will die continuously later in game when its close to useless.

Is Oberon any good? I've got parts of his build already.

... Oh right, PS4 doesn't have the Oberon buffs yet. No, Oberon's not good (yet) on PS4.

I'd go with Rhino if you don't have many other frames, he's great for most bosses (and ironically his Rhino Stomp is very useful for fighting Nekros's boss) and will help you farm up other frame parts in the future. Nekros is the staple farmer for mods and resources because of Desecrate, but if you're looking to collect some more Warframes, Rhino is definitely a good choice to start with.

Is Oberon any good? I've got parts of his build already.

His ulti(4th) has now guaranteed radiation that will make enemies attack everyone else, a blind to get out of the kill circle you just created and melee damage bonus for them being blind, and a stagger+damage to enemies with health orbs. 3rd can heal you coupled with higher armor and the health orbs form his 4th(max out steel fiber) makes him even more survivable. 2nd keeps energy leechers from messing with you. 1st smite guarantees a radiation proc with a max of 5 seeking missles that guarantee a puncture proc. Absolute against grineer and infested so you tell me.

Of course he will eventually get the buff on the ps4. In the meantime lvl him to 30 so you can mod him when the buff comes.

Edited by OverlordMcGeek

His ulti(4th) has now guaranteed radiation that will make enemies attack everyone else, a blind to get out of the kill circle you just created and melee damage bonus for them being blind, and a stagger+damage to enemies with health orbs. 3rd can heal you coupled with higher armor and the health orbs form his 4th(max out steel fiber) makes him even more survivable. 2nd keeps energy leechers from messing with you. 1st smite guarantees a radiation proc with a max of 5 seeking missles that guarantee a puncture proc. Absolute against grineer and infested so you tell me.

Of course he will eventually get the buff on the ps4. In the meantime lvl him to 30 so you can mod him when the buff comes.

Geeze...sounds like a monster if you ask me. The idea of chaos sounds enticing too.

Well to stay in topic i think you should definitely take Rhino (or rhino prime if you don't mind farming void a bit).

Rhino is one of the best frames for beginners in this game. He has an amazingly balanced kit with the perfect amount of CC Tankines and damage. You can experience all of the game's content safely with him, so if you're looking for a starter/go to frame for all situations you should definitely pick him up.

Nekros on the other hand is not a frame you should pick up if you're still new, or even if you don't specifically need him. Nekros is mainly used for his Desecrate ability which makes farming easier. So if you're not getting him just to farm you should probably stay away from him for now.

But seriously rhino is so good/Noob friendly that he should be one of the starter frames >< 

Get rhino. He is easier to open plants, do missions, some rare resources are better of farming by killing bosses which is much easier to do with rhino than with Nekros. Sure you could do dark sector and desecrate but I tried both ways and can tell that killing bosses for resources is the best

Well to stay in topic i think you should definitely take Rhino (or rhino prime if you don't mind farming void a bit).

Rhino is one of the best frames for beginners in this game. He has an amazingly balanced kit with the perfect amount of CC Tankines and damage. You can experience all of the game's content safely with him, so if you're looking for a starter/go to frame for all situations you should definitely pick him up.

Nekros on the other hand is not a frame you should pick up if you're still new, or even if you don't specifically need him. Nekros is mainly used for his Desecrate ability which makes farming easier. So if you're not getting him just to farm you should probably stay away from him for now.

But seriously rhino is so good/Noob friendly that he should be one of the starter frames ><

I mainly want Nekro due to his portrayal. I have this weird thing about death, don't need to get into it but its where I got my nickname Grim. I like what I've seen about him by from what everyone has said Rhino will be the better choice for now.

from what everyone has said Rhino will be the better choice for now.

beware the the comments about addiction to Iron Skin are not offhand, but rather serious. While Rhino is a great frame to speed run planetary missions, and strong all-around at lower levels, his IS ability protomtes bad habits. You get out of practice dodging/countering knockdowns, and you forget that you need to actually keep moving to avoid damage. When you swap to another frame, you're going to die a lot before you get back into it >.>

New Oberon is good but not as amazing as portrayed. He has a lot of issues with modding optimally. In addition, the blind is very short and not relevant to enemies actually hit by the lift-slam, and Rage doesn't function when Renewal is up so health tanking is harder than it needs to be. However if you have all his parts it's not a bad idea to craft him now, and claim after 14.5 for PS4.

Nekros is more effective as a gravedigger than as a Necromancer, so a lot of his 'theme' gets diluted. Hes just a loot generator. He really requires Fleeting Expertise, range mods, and Natural Talent, so be sure to have those. He's also a lot harder to get - in fact, Rhino is one of the best frames to fight that boss with.

So go Rhino for now, but I would actually recommend NOT spamming IS whenever you can. That might be more effective, but its not... fun. IMO just play without IS, and only use it when you start taking health damage as an emergency ability, rather than relying on it all the time.

beware the the comments about addiction to Iron Skin are not offhand, but rather serious. While Rhino is a great frame to speed run planetary missions, and strong all-around at lower levels, his IS ability protomtes bad habits. You get out of practice dodging/countering knockdowns, and you forget that you need to actually keep moving to avoid damage. When you swap to another frame, you're going to die a lot before you get back into it >.>

New Oberon is good but not as amazing as portrayed. He has a lot of issues with modding optimally. In addition, the blind is very short and not relevant to enemies actually hit by the lift-slam, and Rage doesn't function when Renewal is up so health tanking is harder than it needs to be. However if you have all his parts it's not a bad idea to craft him now, and claim after 14.5 for PS4.

Nekros is more effective as a gravedigger than as a Necromancer, so a lot of his 'theme' gets diluted. Hes just a loot generator. He really requires Fleeting Expertise, range mods, and Natural Talent, so be sure to have those. He's also a lot harder to get - in fact, Rhino is one of the best frames to fight that boss with.

So go Rhino for now, but I would actually recommend NOT spamming IS whenever you can. That might be more effective, but its not... fun. IMO just play without IS, and only use it when you start taking health damage as an emergency ability, rather than relying on it all the time.

Great info. Gotta say this community and forum has been a lot better than many others. To be honest I forget I have my abilities most the time unless I'm being hit by a mob or when a friend is down with a mob present. That's the only time I remember my powers with Volt. Thanks