Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing Foundry Items

Fleshdozer

Does anyone else find it quite odd that if you rush an item as soon as you start it, it costs the exact same as if you rush it with one minute left? I find this to be quite disturbing. I've played games that are less developed and polished that have this down a bit better.

My Volt has 1 minute left before completion in the foundry and it costs 50 Platinum to rush it to completion. Seems a bit steep.

What do you guys think about this?

It's to prevent players from waiting 75% of the time and then rush stuff for a few platinum.

Though, if rush costs were prorated against the time left, DE would probably get a lot more people using up their plat to rush a half finished frame or whatever...which would mean that there'd be more plat used up, which means more plat sold to someone...either the end user, or indirectly via traded plat.

+1.

Other games do this, Neverwinter for example has a declining rush cost based on time left and has a set minimum rush cost so rushing something in the final minutes doees not save you any currency.

I would be more inclined to rush things in Warframe if this were the case.

Example.

Kubrow incubating, it takes 48 hours for the egg to hatch and then two daily resets for the Kubrow to mature so you can take it on missions.

If the rush costs scaled according to time left, I would be inclined to rush the hatching just before daily reset (8pm EST) in order to save an entire day in the incubation time.

As it stands now, paying the full rush cost just to rush the hatching by a few hours makes no sense.

DE made a financial decision. End of story.

If they were making tons of money on monthly fees, there would be totally different mechanics in "rushing" something, perhaps based on actually playing the game more and obtain resources. We do not pay DE like that.

If you people seriously do not have the patience to just wait the stupid timers out, in a free game, you have real problems.

Edited by DSpite

DE made a financial decision. End of story.

If they were making tons of money on monthly fees, there would be totally different mechanics in "rushing" something, perhaps based on actually playing the game more and obtain resources. We do not pay DE like that.

If you people seriously do not have the patience to just wait the stupid timers out, in a free game, you have real problems.

Saying people have problems for wanting to rush things is a jerk move. Maybe people get excited for items they farmed hours to build? You're just being a jerk.

Anyhow, I am of the opinion that they would make more money if they did prorate the timers. As it stands, I never rush anything but I would if the price dropped. The only thing I'll spend platinum on at the moment is more weapon/warframe slots. I'll also buy prime prints later.