Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Players?

QuasarDecimari

Question

Recently, I started a thread about being upset with the decline of players lately. The game used to be filled with them, and just this morning I noticed only 5 players in the Recruiting tab of the chat (All in 1 hour).

I figured that maybe the game keeps players in separate servers to prevent overcrowding, but where the heck is everyone else?

So I was wondering, is there a counter or something that says how many people play Warframe? I'll breathe a sigh of relief if it's well over 1000.

Edit: Oh and, I've been around since the beginning. I'm technically a Founder, but I never got the badge for the disciple pack. I contacted support, but I couldn't find the receipt for purchase, and could not be helped. Anyways, my point is I've watched this game grow, and I'm terrified that it's falling.

Edited by CortGaming

11 answers to this question

go to region chat and you'll see how alive things are

Region is generallyy pretty quiet for me... with 2 or so posts a minute. Usually shows about 20 players max... is there something wrong with my internet connection? I am connecting just fine, and whenever I do find an actual squad somewhere, I can connect to them :\

*subtracts 10000 idlers*

It's kinda to be expected that the general starmap clearing is dead, but I've been having the worst problems even trying to farm T4 keys in a public group. There's always someone on Ceres farming for T4 survival keys, but if you want capture, exterminate, or mobile defense, you're basically going solo half the time (which is obnoxious on interception).

The only nodes I can count on for constant activity at this point are Kappa, Draco, and Seimeni. So if you're needing anything beyond experience or T4 survival/defense/interception keys... good luck.

I suppose so, but why don't people play regular missions? I have a great time exploring the tilesets and destroying enemies. Is it just a matter of greed and collecting? Because I, for one, take my time with most things. I like knowing I completed the missions and worked hard, not wasted my time farming for hours for a simple blueprint. Why do people not play the missions anymore?

Well, at least personally, I've already explored the tilesets to my satisfaction. There's a lot of cool designs in the maps (something that surely doesn't get said enough), but no matter how amazing they are, the mileage is limited. It's not just in Warframe that replayability is centered around the grind, but what spooked me is that even the grind is slowing down a little except for very select nodes.