Grineer Sentinel Flea

000_Briarius_000

Hi Everyone

I've been having this idea for a while, I always wanted to have a Grineer made Sentinel (I'm just in love with the general Grineer design, DE you did something beautiful and unique here) and since we already have Helios as a Corpus sentinel I was thinking why not to add a Grineer sentinel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajxu-IsZzOs&feature=youtu.be

I only got a visual concept for it, not crystal perfected yet, very low poly no textures and fancy stuff just the basics, although I've tried to pull it out as some sort of codex entry so I did made animation for it and some basic lighting. I'll definitely add textures and details later. I tried to make it look like as much as Grineery as I could but it really just a rough sketch now. I just wanted to put this out here so you can get the basic idea about this baby. 

Name and powers huh? I call it Flea cause the way I made it look (I even added the name on it with Grineer alphabet)

If you guys like the idea and its design inspires you then feel free to come up with some powers for it and post it here. My idea is maybe it could have some area shocking effect or poison cloud something very agressive Grineer type of effect.

Anyway, hope you like it, I'll try to keep this updated, final textures and details will come. 

Edited by 000_Briarius_000

HOLY CRUD.  You actually went the extra mile on this, Briarius; this is insanely good.  I too want something Grineer inspired to follow me around, the closest we've gotten is the Dethcube Carabus Skin, and that's a loose connection.  I like the idea of a poison cloud sprayer, that could even work for more Sentinels (unlike DECONSTRUCTOR)  Bravo.

MEGAN!  REBECCA!  Prime Time concept of the week right here!

Very nice job. Looks quite Grineer to me. I cant help but watch it over and over again! The Carabus Skin looks like a fish. We need something more Grineery then that. I would suggest making the following changes to the color scheme: Energy lights become Orange, like the general Grineer energy color. The 'wing' pieces become dark-brown, akin to the Grineer Galleon interior. Could use an extra spike on the top rear.

The Carabus Sentinel looks like a fish. We need something more clearly Grineer-ish. And we need a Sentinel that picksoff enemies at range.

Weapon Name: Spike Rifle.
Catergory: Designated Marksman Rifle
Can only be wielded by Flea.

Stats:
Impact: 7.3
Puncture:1.4
Slash:3.6
Crit Chance: 2.0%
Crit Damage: 100%
Status Chance: 10%
Trigger: Semi-auto

Impaler(Attack Mod): Fires a superheated spike, which pierces enemies at medium-long range (medium by default).

Designated Marksman(Ability Mod): Marks enemies that become visible through solid objects(like the Codex scanner). Boosting this ability increases the range at which enemies can be marked and the amount of enemies marked(3/6/9/12).

Sentinel Stats:

Shield: 50
Health: 150
Armor: 200
Stamina: 90

It would often shout things as: Attaaaf!(attack) and GEET KLEEM!(when shooting) and Noh zuzpizus aktivotoi(no suspicious activity) when idle. (imagine this in a high-pitched Grineer voice)
Or just some cute high-pitched noises like Shade.

Spike Rifle has an achievement attached to it:

A Spike To The Knee: Sentinel makes a non-lethal hit on enemy's leg.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Very nice job. Looks quite Grineer to me. I cant help but watch it over and over again! The Carabus Skin looks like a fish. We need something more Grineery then that. I would suggest making the following changes to the color scheme: Energy lights become Orange, like the general Grineer energy color. The 'wing' pieces become dark-brown, akin to the Grineer Galleon interior. Could use an extra spike on the top rear.

The Carabus Sentinel looks like a fish. We need something more clearly Grineer-ish. And we need a Sentinel that picksoff enemies at range.

Weapon Name: Spike Rifle.

Catergory: Designated Marksman Rifle

Can only be wielded by Flea.

Stats:

Impact: 7.3

Puncture:1.4

Slash:3.6

Crit Chance: 2.0%

Crit Damage: 100%

Status Chance: 10%

Trigger: Semi-auto

Impaler(Attack Mod): Fires a superheated spike, which pierces enemies at medium-long range (medium by default).

Designated Marksman(Ability Mod): Marks enemies that become visible through solid objects(like the Codex scanner). Boosting this ability increases the range at which enemies can be marked and the amount of enemies marked(3/6/9/12).

Sentinel Stats:

Shield: 50

Health: 150

Armor: 200

Stamina: 90

It would often shout things as: Attaaaf!(attack) and GEET KLEEM!(when shooting) and Noh zuzpizus aktivotoi(no suspicious activity) when idle. (imagine this in a high-pitched Grineer voice)

Or just some cute high-pitched noises like Shade.

Spike Rifle has an achievement attached to it:

A Spike To The Knee: Sentinel makes a non-lethal hit on enemy's leg.

Hey man, I love these ideas. Great abilites, definitely something that fits for a Grineer sentinel. I'll rewok that concept a bit for sure. And if you don't mind with the upcoming update I'll add your content /name to the description.