Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Feel About Meeting The Lotus In-Game?

SgtFlex

It struck my head today that I would be rather curious about how the community would react to actually interacting with the Lotus. Say she get's prioritized as a target from Vor, the infestation, or Alad V, then we would go rescue her and get her to extraction.

I imagine she would be a kickass ally, not just like any other rescue target, but offensive and rather ninja-like (not to the point of jumping off walls or anything, but a badass), and some actual high-quality cinematics to show off how she is (when she's in-game and restricted to few things, she doesn't feel like a character anymore, she would feel like an AI instead. First impressions are everything to reveal character IMO)

I dunno, feel like it would be cool to actually interact with the Lotus and go with missions on her at SOME points. I emphasize sometimes because if it occurs too often then it's not that special anymore, perhaps every few events or tactical alerts or something.

inb4 AI

That being said, while I have no doubts that if push came to shove the Lotus could handle herself, I can't help but feel she'd be better as a non-combat guide. However, I would like to have some sort of interaction with her at some point in the game. Maybe not face to face, but something different than what we currently have.

inb4 AI

That being said, while I have no doubts that if push came to shove the Lotus could handle herself, I can't help but feel she'd be better as a non-combat guide. However, I would like to have some sort of interaction with her at some point in the game. Maybe not face to face, but something different than what we currently have.

Even some basic cinematics every one in a while would be great, right now she's just...there...

She's important nonetheless because she is the very symbol that represents the Tenno, and I would love to see some actual character out of there. You definetly get to see some of that in the Intro. I used to think she was just an AI before the new intro came in and revealed that she had actual emotions to express. While she did at other times, she just doesn't interact with you at all besides stating your situation

The thing with Lotus is, that we don't know who she is. Is Lotus an organization? A mastermind? AI? Are there many Lotus?

Putting her in-game would be definitive, "She is an AI, period, no place for speculations!"

The same reason why Teno don't show faces and are mute. Many interpretations, anybody can find his own headcanon.

No, Lotus being in-game as a charater/AI/organization is a bad idea.

That doesn't mean, that I wouldn't like it. I'd really like to meet Lotus in person, go to a chamber, where she is hooked to all of the wires and tubes, floating majestically in mid air, under the high ceiling... But that;s my headcanon. And people can, and will, disagree with it. It's better as it is now.

Edited by Angius

The thing with Lotus is, that we don't know who she is. Is Lotus an organization? A mastermind? AI? Are there many Lotus?

Putting her in-game would be definitive, "She is an AI, period, no place for speculations!"

The same reason why Teno don't show faces and are mute. Many interpretations, anybody can find his own headcanon.

No, Lotus being in-game as a charater/AI/organization is a bad idea.

That doesn't mean, that I wouldn't like it. I'd really like to meet Lotus in person, go to a chamber, where she is hooked to all of the wires and tubes, floating majestically in mid air, under the high ceiling... But that;s my headcanon. And people can, and will, disagree with it. It's better as it is now.

What do people mean by AI exactly just out of curiosity?

Do they mean as an AI in terms of actual lore, or as in AI that is like those hostages (really bad movement and such)

I can certainly understand why Tenno shouldn't show their faces, but why so much limited interaction with the Lotus?

...F*** trying to avoid making this a lore thread...

Edited by SgtFlex

What do people mean by AI exactly just out of curiosity?

Do they mean as an AI in terms of actual lore, or as in AI that is like those hostages (really bad movement and such)

I can certainly understand why Tenno shouldn't show their faces, but why so much limited interaction with the Lotus?

...F*** trying to avoid making this a lore thread...

He means AI as in "Artificial Intelligence". A lot of people seem to think that she is just some program rather than an actual person.

AI as in lore. Rather an artificial intelligence, rather than a living person or organization.

Edited by Angius

AI as in lore. Rather an artificial intelligence, rather than a living person or organization.

In that case then, if she was in-game, what deems her as absolutely having to be an AI? Unless I missed something, I don't see anywhere that she is one, especially seeing as she is capable of expressing emotion

I can see myself seeing her in-game and still the same questions that you stated could remain if she does not to reveal the answers to those questions.

Edited by SgtFlex

In that case then, if she was in-game, what deems her as absolutely having to be an AI? Unless I missed something, I don't see anywhere that she is one, especially seeing as she is capable of expressing emotion

I can see myself seeing her in-game and still the same questions that you stated could remain if she does not to reveal the answers to those questions.

The thing is, we have nothing, that would tell us, that she is 100% AI. Bot we don't have anything, that would tell us she's 100% living person or 100% a whole organization.

As far as we know, Lotus can be each of those, she can as well be neither, or she can be the two of them at the same time, or she can be all of those at the same time. That's why there are so many speculations.

The thing is, we have nothing, that would tell us, that she is 100% AI. Bot we don't have anything, that would tell us she's 100% living person or 100% a whole organization.

As far as we know, Lotus can be each of those, she can as well be neither, or she can be the two of them at the same time, or she can be all of those at the same time. That's why there are so many speculations.

Ah speculation... dammit

Perhaps the devs could give us a bit of interaction while still being discreet about what she really is. As far as the future WF is in, I could see it being still difficult to determine whether she would be an AI or a human being.

I don't mean to ask for a whole lot, but I would like to see some interaction, and in fact, I think speculation should still remain as much as possible if the Dev's could figure out how to get the best of both standpoints.

Speculation certainly does keep up the discussion and that's why it can be a good thing (although in terms of lore of the WF universe, it has grown quite boring trying to figure it out with no actual confirmed ties between Dark Sector and WF)

It's actually really bugging me now that I looked into this, considering that she has emotions towards Tenno (Mirage quest and Intro), but considering that she was around when Mirage fought the sentients (hundreds of years ago) makes me wonder if she really is a human being.

I CANT HELP BUT DELVE INTO IT...

Edited by SgtFlex

The Mobile Defense dialogue kinda pegs her as being a program: "Upload me and get ready to defend".

That she expresses emotion doesn't mean much, since there's no reason an AI can't do that. The Hyena Pack demonstrates as much as-is (they express excitement, enjoyment, need for revenge when one of them goes down, etc.)