Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On The S&a(Silva & Aegis)

Halisi

The bulk of threads regarding the S&A ask for either damage buffs or reductions to the stamina cost of blocking. The general consensus is that this weapon is underpowered for a contest/research weapon in terms of high level usage. However I feel that the S&A is a well balanced weapon and that it only really needs one thing to rise up another notch in my book, a buff to the jump attack aoe radius to match the animation.

When the S&A first came out I was most excited about the massive defensive potential via the block which nulls damage and the assumed large aoe radius of the jump attack providing defense from mobbing. A wonderful trait to have when fighting the infested which I mainly use it for. But in practice the jump attack is miniscule compared to the animation that plays.

This is the only thing that I feel the S&A lacks in, the other stats are balanced considering the weapons capabilities.

35 damage is too low for a weapon that can't rely too much on things like crit, or even channeling (due to the large amount of multi-hit abilities in the stance, which would drain energy a lot faster, though I have used channeling builds on it with good results). For something like this, the damage should be bumped up to 45, or something along those lines. The reduced stamina consumption for blocking would go another step in making this weapon more unique, which would be good, because as it is, the only time I really block with S&A is to do the shield throw combo.

EDIT: Also, a more specialized build, but channeled S&A plus a boosted strength Accelerant is pretty damn glorious.

Edited by nintega

35 damage is too low for a weapon that can't rely too much on things like crit, or even channeling (due to the large amount of multi-hit abilities in the stance, which would drain energy a lot faster, though I have used channeling builds on it with good results). For something like this, the damage should be bumped up to 45, or something along those lines. The reduced stamina consumption for blocking would go another step in making this weapon more unique, which would be good, because as it is, the only time I really block with S&A is to do the shield throw combo.

EDIT: Also, a more specialized build, but channeled S&A plus a boosted strength Accelerant is pretty damn glorious.

I use that same build, boosting that ground slam radius would make it an even better pair for ember than it already is. The shield nullifies the damage of anything that hits it, reducing the stamina cost would make it op. Without stamina mods, or warriors grip the stamina drain is enough to get you close to an enemy without taking damage or setting up a parry in close range.

Honestly this weapon needs more than normal stat buffs. I'm not really sure what the purpose of a shield is, if it blocks the same as any single bladed sword. A buff to 45 damage, and an immunity to knockdowns (if that isn't already a thing) while blocking would be appreciated. 

All melee weapons already resist knockdown while blocking, what the silva & aegis does differently is block all damage but has a large stamina consumption per attack blocked.

I use that same build, boosting that ground slam radius would make it an even better pair for ember than it already is. The shield nullifies the damage of anything that hits it, reducing the stamina cost would make it op. Without stamina mods, or warriors grip the stamina drain is enough to get you close to an enemy without taking damage or setting up a parry in close range.

A weapon's effectiveness shouldn't hinge on synergy with just a single frame, it should be able to do just fine without any specific frame.

Let's compare Silva and Aegis to the Kronen, they're both community designed weapons, so I think that's fair.

Kronen does 65 physical damage, has 1.1 attack speed, 20% status chance, has the highest slide damage of all melee, and is a market weapon.

Silva and Aegis does 35 heat damage, has 1.0 attack speed, 20% status chance, blocks all damage at the cost of higher stamina consumption, and is a research weapon.

Doesn't that just sound kind of unfair? #BuffSilvaAegis