Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Ignis Worth It?

(PSN)Evan7899

Question

17 answers to this question

I like the weapon but I feel it is underpowered for something like a flamethrower and am wondering before I forma, is it worth the forma and how many until it is good?

This is the only thing you need. If you want to boost it's dmg you could surely forma it. 

PS: Use Ember with the Ignis

Don't look at the 10 damage and think it's a lackluster weapon, because it's not.

Just spray on a crowd of infested and see magic.

Many look at the stats and goes 'meh'. They haven't seen it with max Serration and Firestorm. Infested just go splat. Add cold or lightning damage for LOTS more fun.

Edited by Kalenath

Don't look at the 10 damage and think it's a lackluster weapon, because it's not.

I have it maxed but am thinking about forma because the damage drops off fast. I find after 45+ infested it tickles them. And why use it with ember? Is there a buff or something because I don't have her and I have been using ignis with mirage because hall of mirrors. 5 flamethrowers lol.

The ignis doesn't do much dps, but it really shouldn't when you consider the amount of enemies you can apply that damage to at once and how easy it is to hit things with it.

Really one of the best uses for the ignis is a status build.

Radiation and viral on it can cripple a huge number of enemies at once.

Furthermore with pure fire damage and an ember you can deal massive amounts of aoe dps.

The other thing with the ignis is that you need to pair it with an appropriate secondary. Personally lex prime or marelok would be my picks.

The ignis is more of a specialty weapon, you need to know what you are doing with it, but if you do it is awesome.

Finally the ignis is great for rushing low level content while farming due to its cone of fire and innate puncture.

I have it maxed but am thinking about forma because the damage drops off fast. I find after 45+ infested it tickles them. And why use it with ember? Is there a buff or something because I don't have her and I have been using ignis with mirage because hall of mirrors. 5 flamethrowers lol.

Ember's ability stuns enemies for short duration and causes them to take extra fire damage

Accelerant.

Ignis hits everything in its cone within range and has infinite Punch Through. It might not have the most spectacular dps or even status chance, but it hits everything. As people said, pairing it with Ember and making good use of Accelerant can seriously boost its damage output.

edit: I forgot the main point. If you like it, then use it. Don't use a weapon merely because "it's good."

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Yeah, Ember debuffs enemy fire resist with her 3. If you have the fire event mod for rifles you can make Ignis into a 100% fire build with all eight slots giving DPS. With a full damage build Ember debuffs enemies by around -600%. This puts Ignis on par with the best, even on par a Rainbow Boltor Prime, and it's hitting entire rooms with no misses rather than just one target or a line. Of course you could also do a fire built Boltor Prime... I'm just using it as a benchmark.

Serration / Heavy Caliber / Split Chamber / Speed Trigger

Wildfire / Hellfire / Thermite Rounds / X

X is your choice. I usually go ammo mutation so I can be careless and indiscriminate, but you may prefer Bane for damage or Fast Hands. Fast Hands will let you reload just about inside the stun of an Accelerant fire animation, so don't scoff. That can matter for a squishy Ember past 35min.

Ignis is also a fine weapon on it's own, but I'd call it mid tier. Corrosive / Heat will pwn infested on the star chart and standard OD, but I would not use it for endless ODD/ODS.

Ignis is good for CC, you can go for 50% status with radiation proc, like mini chaos, or go with viral proc, wich makes 50% less health.

And yes, its good with ember for a 40 - 50 level enemies and without its quite nice for a 20 - 30 levels.

Not "end game" but you can do some easy runs with it

ember have  an ability call accelerant which grant 500% damage with both max intensify and blind rage to any source of fire damage 

Edited by Hieulelam

I like the weapon but I feel it is underpowered for something like a flamethrower and am wondering before I forma, is it worth the forma and how many until it is good?

It's a good AOE weapon. I have 5 Forma on mine and it is a beast.

It's not actually 10 damage. Look closely at the fire rate. It has a high fire rate of 10.0 which means 100 fire damage per second, unmodded. Which is pretty good considering that you can hit multiple targets at once.

Once fully modded with 5 forma, it is a destructive weapon. More so if you use it with Ember.