Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Lava Gun And New Napalm Launcher Design Ideas

Cmdr_Forge

With the recent additions of the glaxion freeze ray and the nukor radiaton gun, I was thinking it would be kinda cool to also have a grineer-built lava gun. The design structure of the nukor pistol can be a good starting point for making it too. Try picturing the nukor with an extended length, angle the existing front of the gun horizontally for the clip position, and add a new gun barrel on the end. Would be nice if I could just put it together in a photo editor and copy it here without it being on a website first. Its something of a hybrid I guess between these 2 pics:

Lava_Gun.pngGrineerMicrowaveGun.png

The function of it basically would be that as you held down the trigger, a stream of molten hot lava would shoot out and arc down as the travel distance increased.

The other idea is something that could possibly serve either as an updated design to the ogris like a 2.0 version, or as a new grineer rocket launcher in itself. The design is inspired by one of my favorites of the ratchet&clank series before they started making the main character a little goofier appearance-wise in the new games after Deadlocked:

Harbinger.pngHarbinger_%28closed%29.png

This weapon was one of my personal favorites and was a go-to weapon for crowd control. It was known there as the Harbinger. In fact, this could just as easily serve as a concept even for replacing the napalm's green ogris and give the weapon a new look worth adding to the grineer labs.

EDIT: Adjusted the title so it makes better sense

Edited by Cmdr_Forge

You had me at lava gun (that weapon was boss <3)

Although it may be hard to justify transporting boiling hot lava in a gun (Ratchet & Clank had cartoon logic on their side) so perhaps a stream of napalm or superheated plasma or something like that. As for the Ogris, I believe there was a piece of concept art for an updated design buried somewhere in the forums, I'll see if I can find that.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

You had me at lava gun (that weapon was boss <3)

Although it may be hard to justify transporting boiling hot lava in a gun (Ratchet & Clank had cartoon logic on their side) so perhaps a stream of napalm or superheated plasma or something like that. As for the Ogris, I believe there was a piece of concept art for an updated design buried somewhere in the forums, I'll see if I can find that.

I'd kinda like to see that, curious what other concept there was for the ogris. I get what you mean though also on the lava transport difficulty, though if it gets into the super-heated plasma I think it might be borderline on corpus technology. Can the napalm be made similar in appearance to the lava or magma and achieve the same effect?

If nothing else regarding the launcher concept, it would make a nice design idea for the old napalm's gun since its been using a green ogris for so long.

I'd kinda like to see that, curious what other concept there was for the ogris. I get what you mean though also on the lava transport difficulty, though if it gets into the super-heated plasma I think it might be borderline on corpus technology. Can the napalm be made similar in appearance to the lava or magma and achieve the same effect?

If nothing else regarding the launcher concept, it would make a nice design idea for the old napalm's gun since its been using a green ogris for so long.

It took a bit of digging but I found the concept art:

qZ968tB.png

Looking back on it I'm not 100% sure it's meant to be the Ogris or just a scrapped design for an entirely different weapon (I think the person writing the thread was suggesting it should be for the Ogris), but I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Ogris redesigned to look similar to this (maybe more compact though). As for the "Lava" gun shooting Napalm, why don't see why it couldn't fire similarly to the one from Ratchet and Clank. It'd more or less just be like a flamethrower with a tight nozzle (maybe in the context of Warframe a variant of the Ignis that has much better range but it's harder to multi-hit targets due to the reduced spread).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Hmm, interesting picture there but I kinda think-...hold on a second, how would that concept look given the similar features I talked about with my first post? That actually is not a bad idea to build the lava gun off of with some minor tweaks. Its got the right general shape: Lava_Gun.pngqZ968tB.png If you give that one the "lava" portion underneath at about mid-length and place a barrel like the other pic has and give it a new color coat, then boom! A brand new Grineer Lava gun. I can definitely picture this in the game, and it would be fun to use too :)

Anyway about what you were saying on its ability to hit multiple targets, I remember from playing the game it was inspired from, you would simply move the gun around or even do some rotating and you could do some good crowd control that way. I think it would work about as well here in that same manner.

How much hotter of a substance can the grineer currently use in their weapons without it bordering corpus with their super-heated plasma and still be a viable alternative than lava (if that is actually not a possibility, it is the distant future after all)? As long as the particle effect still looked like a sort of liquid stream firing out and arcing over when used at longer distances, I'd still be happy with it. part of what made the lava gun what it was is its unique ammo and how it fired.

Edited by Cmdr_Forge

So, regarding the alternative idea within my last post, how well do you think that would suit a lava gun design? Also, regarding the napalm gun redesign concepts, I saw one in the weapon art section of the codex that might work as its already "grineer" in appearance. Its on page 4 of the concepts in-game.

While that one could work, I would actually like seeing one shaped more like one of these and given some grineer look to it (but not too heavily):

Nitro_Launcher.jpg This was the called Nitro Launcher and acted like a grenade launcher in R&C Up Your Arsenal, might be a nice concept

Render_Mini_Nuke.png

This one was called the Mini-Nuke in R&C Going Commando (and those who have played it will definitely know why) and was one of my all-time favorites in that game. I think the parts on the front of it were closed up until a grenade was fired, or could be made to open outward as napalm grenades are shot out. This one could already be considered closer to grineer design by its appearance, just needs a new color coat and maybe some minor adjusting.

This is one idea I heard while I was talking with my clan leader about some of the ideas and weapons, what about a utility weapon or a new sentinel that could deploy mini turrets on the battlefield? You could be moving along in a mission and then when a large group of enemies start coming near you it deploys a mini sentry turret with either machine gun style ammo or rockets. The turret itself can be given a health bar and destruct either when its been depleted or when there are no enemies left in its range.

Oh ok. I think the napalm projectile could use a redesign too, like a rounded grenade that is lobbed at the target arcing down the further it travels essentially giving the napalms, and the grineer arsenal itself, a grenade launcher of their own. The current projectile is like an ogris rocket with a short flame tail and could use a rework in my opinion.

This would further fit the design concept ideas I added for its remake as well. The napalm needs something better than a re-painted ogris.

Edited by Cmdr_Forge