Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Miss The Old Rhino

Demon-King-Lamb

The old Rhino's abilities were so purfect. When Iron Skin lasted for a top of 15sec, and his ability Radial Blast was freaking awesome. It was powerful, and now we have that weak Stomp. I had him built to take on mobs. I'd use Iron Skin, Charge, then Radial Blast to wipe out the mob.

But now you just need Iron Skin and Stomp abilities and your good to go. But when it comes down to those high end lvls like 100+ Iron skin just doesn't cut it. It's just a Health gate to let ya know that next hit you take will kill you...Instantly!

When I remember his awesome animation for Radial Blast I just feel...well I like this.

Sadpandaissad.jpg

Damn that must have been pretty early on cuz I don't know of this Rhino. I'm gonna go try to find some videos of this.

Yup in beta Iron skin was literally godmode for X sec and radial blast was the Heavy stomp do now days.

Edited by Dasmir

There was no real point to having both Radial Blast and Stomp at once, so they were combined (smaller radius of immediate damage in Stomp), and Blast was replaced with Roar, a quite valuable ability.

Also, we're trying to make total invulnerability a no-no, so no old Iron Skin.

'old Rhino'? heh.

which one is that?

the one with a 30 Seconds of complete Invulnerability and immunity to CC?

the one that had two Powers that basically only felt like half of a Power?

the one that was very meh and all Powers were not useful?

or the one that we have currently that shrugs off stray bullets indefinitely, has a massive DPS Multiplier, and can pause entire battalions of Enemies.

i don't like any of those Rhino's, frankly.

Yup in beta Iron skin was literally godmode for X sec and radial blast was the Heavy stomp do now days.

I didnt play beta. So here is the thing Im struggling to understand: Rhino had timed personal invulnerability skill, then they saw it was OP and removed it... and gave team-wide global invulnerability skill to another frame?

Honestly if they gave it the snowglobe treatment (invulnerability for 5 seconds but without the damage absorb, and just regular Hp), i don't think it won't be so bad.

At least he can last a bit longer in higher content.

Or something like old Overheat, affected by power strength and duration based.

So they will use it when they "need it" instead of cast and go.

Edited by fatpig84