The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny Copied This Game?

(XBOX)Kenneh xD

Destiny copied warframe because warframe is a video game and warframe came out first, so destiny stole the idea of a video game from warframe.

this is how I react to all "BLAH BLAH STOLE BLAHBLAH FROM BLAH BLAH". Yes, things are sometimes similar. The only thing I can think of that copied warframe is Diatron.jpg Come on now, a compact heavy pistol that shoot multiple projectiles called the Diatron? that's very fishy. it even looks like the Datron

Oh wow look! I see a plasma cutter from dead space!

I called copying!

Oh wow look! I see a plasma cutter from dead space!

I called copying!

I feel like literally calling a nerf pocket shotgun a diatron, when warframe had an identical looking pocket shotgun called the datron, is a little bit of a closer call than it sort of looking like a plasma cutter. G'damn it the A is even corpusy.

I have played Destiny and there were only similar thing there and that was your ship fly towards your target in loading screens. Regardless, that have been done before WF and destiny also destiny did it first. Its not even same genre, as i wouldnt call destiny MMO, these dont even use same perspective, destiny is FPS and WF is 3PS. If anything, destiny copied a lot from halo, seems like someone is stuck in past success.... Anyways, why this discussion is even on here WF forums?

All FPS games are copied from Half-Life

Long before Half-life even existed there was game.... called DOOM so go fuzz away

Actually, I'll admit one thing did, but just this one thing. The Spider Tank. I could totally see that sitting somwhere in a Grineer base.

Necron Triach stalker, i would added picture if i knew how to do it :D

WELL KIDDOS I think what we've learned here is an age old lesson. there are no new ideas. People have been around for thousands of years, and with the number of people that have lived over time, and the number of thoughts that occur to people per hour, the odds that an idea has already occurred to someone are pretty much guaranteed. Hey when I was 12 I sketched something I called an electric jet engine. Showed it to my physics teacher 5 years later and it turns out that I had designed an ion thruster. Stuff happens. People come up with things on their own and sometimes people have the exact same ideas.

Except the datron/diatron. That S#&$ is fishy as hell

Edited by Coatduck

Let's be honest though, the Triarch Stalker is just a copy of the Geth Colossus. GW rips off loads of stuff.

Still one of my favorite Necron units.

As mine too. Still i barge all the way :( Well yeah they do. Tyranids are just poopier version of xenomorphs.... /offtopic.   Anyways, maybe we should wait full release of destiny before do claims like these? Also ive noticed region chat is full of random crazy things, i wouldnt take anything from there granted.

As mine too. Still i barge all the way :( Well yeah they do. Tyranids are just poopier version of xenomorphs.... /offtopic.   Anyways, maybe we should wait full release of destiny before do claims like these? Also ive noticed region chat is full of random crazy things, i wouldnt take anything from there granted.

Necron flyers are pure cheese. I try to avoid using them in my armies because it makes other players sad.

And yeah, region is an endless vortex of stupid. Don't take anything there at face value.

It's basically an amalgamation of just those three games.

it is indeed. that's not necessarily a bad thing i guess, most games are amalgamations of several ideas together, to try to create something new.

but i get that it feels a bit convenient that so many things in Destiny happen to be very similar to Halo. if they're suggesting that Destiny is on Halo's Timeline, that would be a different story though.

i can't be bothered to butcher another quote into my post. just give me a NON WYSIWYG Editor, it's not that hard -.-

Just to be clear as the topic seems to have strayed. I was stating that the people who think Destiny copied this game are not all that bright since Destiny has been in development for around 5 years.

the idea of what Warframe is started with the first sketches and ideas of Dark Sector as well, so everything has been around much longer than it appears.

i'm certain neither is directly attempting to copy each other. but they share some atleast distantly similar inspirations, so the basic premise of them can be related.

i can't be bothered to butcher another quote into my post. just give me a NON WYSIWYG Editor, it's not that hard -.-

the idea of what Warframe is started with the first sketches and ideas of Dark Sector as well, so everything has been around much longer than it appears.

i'm certain neither is directly attempting to copy each other. but they share some atleast distantly similar inspirations, so the basic premise of them can be related.

You have proven me wrong in more ways than one, but, I was talking about how it looks on the outside. People are making these claims based off of gameplay and looks. Which I think is ludicrous.